Options

Anyone else care less about this series than previous ones?

KMXKMX Posts: 1,459
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am.

I don't know why, when the top 12 (then 16) were announced I thought it was a really strong line-up with a relatively level playing field.

Now it just seems like the format is getting tired and predictable and the hype and manipulation is becoming completely transparent.

Simon's constant stream of superlatives to describe Cher, Katie and Rebecca is irritating, the bickering and huge divide between Louis/Dannii & Simon/Cheryl is becoming uncomfortable rather than entertaining and the over-blown production and column inch seeking nature the show is exhibiting this year is just sending the show further away from a "singing" competition than ever.

On the whole I still enjoy to watch and there have been some great performances this series, but nothing compared to the likes of Leona Lewis or Alexandra Burke & Ruth Lorenzo from 2008 when I feel the show hit its very peak.

I wonder if in 3 years time many of us will want the contract to be renewed again?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree..but i still watch anyway lol
  • Options
    Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is the second best series after 2008 (5). I look forward to every weekend to watch it, so no I don't agree. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    KMX wrote: »
    I am.

I don't know why, when the top 12 (then 16) were announced I thought it was a really strong line-up with a relatively level playing field.

Now it just seems like the format is getting tired and predictable and the hype and manipulation is becoming completely transparent.

Simon's constant stream of superlatives to describe Cher, Katie and Rebecca is irritating, the bickering and huge divide between Louis/Dannii & Simon/Cheryl is becoming uncomfortable rather than entertaining and the over-blown production and column inch seeking nature the show is exhibiting this year is just sending the show further away from a "singing" competition than ever.

On the whole I still enjoy to watch and there have been some great performances this series, but nothing compared to the likes of Leona Lewis or Alexandra Burke & Ruth Lorenzo from 2008 when I feel the show hit its very peak.

I wonder if in 3 years time many of us will want the contract to be renewed again?

couldnt agree more whole show needs stripped back get rid of danni louis and attention seeker cheryl , sack friedman as he is ruining the show with his over the top routines get back to the singing get rid of the groups overs etc and just have it as age 16-70 sick of the protecting their acts rubbish grrrrr show is pissing me off i used to love the x factor :cry:
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I care more about this year than I did about last year's snoozefest.

The peak for me, in terms of interest, was Alexandra's year.
  • Options
    Neon_ToasterNeon_Toaster Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    It got bad once Sharon left.
  • Options
    027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2nd best year, only beaten by series 5 :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    I agree. I am also loosing interest. Everything is so staged and fake, the judges contradict their own opinions all the time, the big producctions are becoming ridiculous, judges don't care about anything but themselves, talentess acts keep been voted in, Louis couldn't be more embarrassing, I could carry on....
    I think I'll go out next Saturday....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,960
    Forum Member
    Its better than last year IMO.
  • Options
    Lickerty SplitLickerty Split Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I dont really care about it but I enjoy watching it begin to make itself look an @ss
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a rubbish year with mediocre talent that the judges are trying to convince us are worthy of our listening time and money. They are not - don't waste your money people, either voting or buying the albums its all to make Cowell even richer and he doesn't deserve anything from us especially for the c0ck ups and bad decisions made this series.
  • Options
    Truth TellerTruth Teller Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member
    Agree. Didn't even bother watching tonight:( its just too controlled now and too much PR this year. They want to control who they want to win.......:(
  • Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    I know people have their favourites,but i am still waiting for a stand out performance.
  • Options
    Born FreeBorn Free Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It misses a great singer like John who at least can sing, the rest that are left don't interest me at all now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kind of agree. There seems to be no harmony between the contestants, judges or production. Usually Xfactor feels like a cohort of friends/family members who really like each other and are rooting for one another. Something def lacking this year..maybe its sincerity..I dont even believe it when Dermot tells the guys they were good/loves them :(
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 5.
    Series 3.
    Series 7.
    Series 6.
    Series 2.
    Series 4.
    Series 1.

There you go. :P
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I can't bring myself to care - it's all so farcical now. (plus, my favourite acts never do all that well anyway.)
  • Options
    Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    Mmmm, I would agree that Series 5 was the peak. Brilliant stuff. I cared more about the acts last year, but they had some serious talent with Danyl Johnson, Jamie Archer etc. The fact that the little boy who looked like Cheryl won it is a bloody insult!