Options

What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you?

Comments

• Options
    Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This happened recently , I cant figure it out :confused:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1380091

PS , none of my family will now enter the house
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Niwedness... If you don't want to go running to the police at least check for missing persons stories around your area. I would have done the same myself if you had your location on your profile.

Please god don't say you live in Yorkshire!

EDIT: How long has this been going on for?
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    niwdeness wrote: »
    Hearing crying and wimpering from the neighbours house in the middle of the night. One voice was crying and the two other voices were speaking to them sternly. When I made a noise I heard one of the voices change in tone and sound all false and upbeat. Only two people live there.

I've also smelt things, like rotten things, we can never find the source. I've also heard their car stationary but with the engine on, I look out the window and the neighbour is staring at me from their car.

Those two things together sound sinister. Serial killers Dennis Nilsen and Jeffrey Dahmer both had unpleasant smells noticed around their flats-it was the odour of decaying flesh.

Do you see much of these neighbours, and what sort of people do they strike you as?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

I will always remember this, scared the hell out of me.

When i was a kid...OK, i swear there was something at the end of my bed, i could see it move and feel it on my bed, i got so scared i couldn't talk :(, i then panicked, and hid under the covers, but i could sense it was getting nearer to me. I tried to scream out but nothing came out, when i looked again, it seemed to go away....it was a weird kinda black round object....freaked the hell out of me.
  • Options
    Keyplayer2010Keyplayer2010 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if its sinister, but i was approached by an old guy who looked like a camp Dr Who (fancy hat included) when i was working in Asda who after a little chat gave me his business card.

His business card seemed to be "personal services", i never responded.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone got any more creepy stories? It's so atmospheric reading them late at night, alone, with no light but the computer screen!
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got any more creepy stories? It's so atmospheric reading them late at night, alone, with no light but the computer screen!

The creepy Dr Who character reminded me of one I'd entirely forgotten.

Years ago my mate and I were walking along the Wall at Chester, around dusk. This young man, very raggy looking, like he'd been living rough for ages, and somehow 'odd' in a way I couldn;t pin down... ran upto us and screamed:

"I've stolen your souls!" over and over again, then ran off cackling.

Lucky neither of us have souls to start with but it was seriously creepy.
  • Options
    niwdenessniwdeness Posts: 1,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those two things together sound sinister. Serial killers Dennis Nilsen and Jeffrey Dahmer both had unpleasant smells noticed around their flats-it was the odour of decaying flesh.

Do you see much of these neighbours, and what sort of people do they strike you as?

The odour wasn't particularly strong, my mum said if it was decaying flesh then it'd be stronger. I just have a keen sense of smell.

The reason i've been afraid of telling any authorities is because what if they go around there, all guns blazing and tell them a neighbour has smelt dead bodies? It only works out if they actually find dead bodies (which they probably won't) and then i'll have to see them out and about with them knowing i've accused them of killing people! Or worse, they are serial killers and the police don't find anything, and then they target me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is brillant !! Keep it going!!

Heres my contribution ,A few years ago id been out somewhere wth my mum shopping or something when we pulled up outside our house ,i was nattering away as usual when my mum says i just went white as a sheet and stopped talking ,id been yabbering away when i happened to glance in the rear view mirror ,staring back at me from back seat was a woman ,very pale almost greeny with very flat brown hair .Honest to god it was not my reflection! She was 100% sitting there staring at me! She was gone in a flash :eek: .I will never forgot that as long as i live .My mum has been at the kitchen sink which is at the front our house and over looks the garden path,seen a woman in a green coat walk up the path ,gone to answer the door ( literally 5 secs away ) and found nobody there?! freaky!
  • Options
    Katia_StormKatia_Storm Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed this thread. I recently posted some of my experiences on the Fortean Times website which is brilliant for a good creepy read. If anyone else knows of good sites then please do tell.

I'll copy my post here..

snip snip

I was born in 1978 and lived much of my young life in a council house in Bradford. It was small and cosy but was prone to things like a leaky roof etc. It was very cold in that house. Like most houses probably at the time before central heating.

I lived there with my Grandmother as my bio mum had me at 16 and buggered off. My Grandmother was very psychic I was told. She didn’t tell me anything herself as she wouldn’t have wanted to scare me but she worked as psychiactric nurse in an old mental hospital (High Royds in Leeds) and had many tales of seeing spooky things on the wards at night. In particular a ghostly apparition walking along the halls at night but you could just see it from the knee up as it was walking on the old floor before they raised it. But that stuff is second hand. What I wanted to post about was my own experiences.

One of the earliest memories I have of that house is one night and I think it was winter time because I was still up and it was pitch black out. My mother was watching Eastenders and I left the room to go to the toilet. I don’t remember if I put a light on or if there wasn’t one but as I took a few steps up the dark stairway and froze in literal horror at a very tall, very dark thing at the top of the stairs in front of the toilet. The toilet was directly beyond the top of the stairs and the bathroom was separate. It’s so long ago now that I can’t remember the finer details of the thing but I know I’ve described it as hooded before and it seemed to be all dark and cloaked.

I stood there for a few minutes maybe more, I don’t know. I was unable to scream and unable to move. I was a young child at the time... I don’t know what gave me the power to get away from it. I can’t remember what happened the rest of the night and sadly my grandmother has passed now. So I can’t ask her about it. I don’t even know If I told her about it.

The landing area was always spooky to me in that house and also we had a front bedroom with a strange ‘climb in’ cupboard. Maybe someone else who grew up in a council house might know what sort I am talking about but that room also gave me the tinglys and I stayed out of it. The landing was sadly unavoidable and scared the crap out of me regularly. I’d see shadows move out of the corner of my eye whilst in bed if the door was open. IF I had shut it I’d still see slight movements underneath the door. It was very scary.

So that was that one. My second experience where I saw something was at my Dad’s house which I moved to at about age 14. I lived there a few years and might have been 16 or so when one morning I woke to the sound of someone crying. Immediatly I knew it was impossible and was scared but amazingly I had the nerve to open my eyes. What I saw then I have greater memory of. It was a young girl kind of lying in mid air in the middle of the room. I just saw her upper half. She had long hair and was weeping. I shut my eyes tightly and kept them that way until the sound had stopped.

End of snip.
  • Options
    GeejaayGeejaay Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hearing crying and wimpering from the neighbours house in the middle of the night. One voice was crying and the two other voices were speaking to them sternly. When I made a noise I heard one of the voices change in tone and sound all false and upbeat. Only two people live there.

I've also smelt things, like rotten things, we can never find the source. I've also heard their car stationary but with the engine on, I look out the window and the neighbour is staring at me from their car.

I'm not one to be delusional, but I sometimes think I live next to serial killers, LOL.
    BiancaLDN wrote: »
    Urgh...I think you DO live next to serial killers. I mean, why else would there be a third voice, crying? And the smell..?
    You need to start a thread and keep us updated, seriously.
    :eek:
    Dennis Nilsens neighbours complained of a bad smell..

....just saying.
    Doll Feet wrote: »
    I'd be seriously concerned about that if I were you.
    Tom_Tit wrote: »
    That don't sound good mate. :eek:
    malaikah wrote: »
    If you aren't making this up, I'd be carrying out some serious neighbourhood watch observations if I were you!
    To people interested in my post on page 3, I was not kidding. I've had several times where i've panicked about it in the past but now I just don't think about it. There isn't any concrete evidence and I can't just go to the police over silly little things. If they are serial killers then there's nothing I can do.
    Tom_Tit wrote: »
    Yes you can. If you are concerned something is going on then tell the old bill and they can check it out.
    I don't mean to have a go at you but if they are serial killers they must view you as an ideal neighbour. Seriously, pop down your local police station, apologise for possibly wasting their time in advance and have a chat.

You say you've panicked about it several times - have there been several instances?
    I'll second those views! It all sounds very suspicious!
    mummymaz wrote: »
    Sound advice, i'd go to the Police too - might sound dramatic and there might be nothing in it but can you imagine how you'd feel if there was something going on and people had been horribly attacked/murdered??

The odour wasn't particularly strong, my mum said if it was decaying flesh then it'd be stronger. I just have a keen sense of smell.

The reason i've been afraid of telling any authorities is because what if they go around there, all guns blazing and tell them a neighbour has smelt dead bodies? It only works out if they actually find dead bodies (which they probably won't) and then i'll have to see them out and about with them knowing i've accused them of killing people! Or worse, they are serial killers and the police don't find anything, and then they target me!

Let’s hope we don't see niwdeness' street on News at Ten in the near future. Reporter outside the house doing a piece to camera, commencing with those cliched yet chilling words.... "Neighbours described them as a quiet couple who kept themselves to themselves."
  • Options
    Doll FeetDoll Feet Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Has your mum had much experience of detecting decaying human flesh from the other side of the wall? If you could smell it from your house then it must have been quite strong.

You don't need to tell the authorities that you've "smelt dead bodies", all anyone is suggesting is that you have an informal chat with someone at your local police station. You wouldn't be making accusations, you'd be voicing a concern, which is the responsible thing to do. They're not going to smash your neighbour's door in at dawn shouting that you've reported them for being serial killers, they're obliged to protect your confidentiality.

I don't know how these things work but if you can smell decay from your house the obvious thing to do, I'd imagine, would be to get a sniffer dog in (your house) who's trained to react to the smell of dead bodies, even if the smell is no longer detectable to you.

Your description of "Hearing crying and wimpering from the neighbours house in the middle of the night. One voice was crying and the two other voices were speaking to them sternly." made me think of Myra Hindley and Ian Brady.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your description of "Hearing crying and wimpering from the neighbours house in the middle of the night. One voice was crying and the two other voices were speaking to them sternly." made me think of Myra Hindley and Ian Brady.

Or Fred and Rose West!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey I'm addicted to this thread now!

Only story I have is when I lived in Portugal. I had a studio flat and the light switch for the lounge/bedroom was a fair distance across the room from my bed.

One night I woke up and it felt like something was pushing me. Not down but towards the wall. I shot up with the intention of crossing the room to turn the light on.

Whatever this 'force' was it wouldn't let me. I was struggling against 'something' to try and cross the room. It was turning me and blocking my way.

I know it sounds weird but thats the only way I can describe it.

I was terrified and started crying! Eventually I managed to push past this 'force' and turned the light on. I was bricking myself. This energy seemed to go as soon as the light went on. I went back and sat on my bed and was a right state.

Anyway what happened next is weirder so I probably was dreaming the next part (however, I can remember vividly that at this stage I was awake. I even was saying to myself in my head, this is weird I must be dreaming, but I just knew I was awake). Well I was still sat on the bed and was shaken up. I looked across at the bed against the wall opposite mine and there was an old man there. He looked at me and said not to be scared (or something along those lines). He said he had someone he wanted me to meet. It was then that I noticed there was a younger man next to him.

I can remember him so well. He had wavy hair resting on his shoulders and was around 40. He was completely normal looking and dressed in jeans. He was nice looking and he smiled.

The older man said "This is David, your Guardian Angel"!

'David' just smiled at me and I swear I felt so at peace and the panic I had been feelign vanished.

They just went then. Like disappearred. I was so bloody confused and kept thinking to myself "I'm def awake".

Bizarre. Maybe I was dreaming but it just didn't feel like I was :confused:
  • Options
    PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member

The way you describe it sounds as if its the sort of things that the neighbours of Fred West migtht have heard at various times. Why not try an anonymous call to Crimestoppers?

If you don't want to do that then get hold of one of those "through the wall" bugging devices from an online spying shop and see if you can satisfy your concerns.

If it were me I couldn't just let it go and do nowt...............
  • Options
    slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry. Deleted.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr H had an interetsing one - probably not supernatural at all. But it creeped him out. He was driving along a country lane near here, one afternoon, when he saw a woman in what to him looked like 1940s clothes, stood on the verge between the road and an empty field. It was just a ploughed field, nothing in it. No car parked in any direction (is a long straight-ish road, no other lanes lead into it for several miles in either direction, and very flat land so you can see for miles in any direction and couldn't miss a car parked on the roadside). It is odd to even see a pedestrian there as it's miles out of any village. Plus the woman was very formally dressed, in a dress and hat not yomping through the countryside clothes.He's a bit of a costume expert as a re-enactor having reseaerched and made countless historical costumes so when he says Late 40s/early 50s, he will be spot on. (He can date photos to within a few years by costume alone).

The creepy thing was, she was looking down at something in the field (There was nothing there at all) and looked like she was crying hysterically. The only reason he didn't stop to see what was wrong, was she was a woman alone on a deserted stretch of road and he thought it might scare her if a strange man pulled up.

He showed me the exact spot the next day and it is inches from the lane. There are no pavements for miles.

He said it was as if she was looking at something horrible in the field - as if there'd been a car crash or someone she cared about died there - but there was nowt there. He was so struck by her odd outfit, the lack of transport, etc he looked back at her in the rear view mirror when he'd passed. She didn;t disappear. She was still there. He said she looked totally solid and real and he thinks probably was a 'real' person - just freaky cos of the clothes, and what she was doing.

You'd have to have walked several miles to get to that point from either direction. No houses or farms close by.

I should add there have been a couple of fatal accidents on that road in the time we have been here. But you usually get the obligatory flower shrine, as it's usually some boy racer who wants to go full pelt on what he imagines to be a deserted country lane. So even if you don;t pass the upturned car (which we have), you know there's been a fatality not long after. We waited to see what happened but no flowers appeared.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A man once tried to get me go in his car while I was waiting for a bus to school. I refused, didn't report it to the police, my parents are not the nicest people in the world and at the time they accused me of looking for an excuse not to go to school.

It was very frightening at the time and I sometimes used to think what might have happened to me if I had got in the car and would get a chill like someone had walked over my grave.

A few years back Levi Bellfield was done for murdering three women in hammer attacks in London, he is also the prime suspect in the murder of Millie Dowler. I recognised him instantly, it was him who tried to get me in his car.

He pretended he was a taxi driver and needed directions to Sanderstead and tried to convince me to get in to show him the way. He had laminated cards on his dashboard which he said were his mini cab licence but mini cabs weren't licensed then in London and I knew that. Now I believe that it was some kind of identification from his job as a wheel clamper, the road I was waiting on was between Bromley where he operated as a clamper and SW London where he lived so he would most likely have used that road regularly at the time.

It chills me to think what happened that day and I do wonder if my parents had been slightly better people and supported me to report it it might have made a difference for Millie or any of the others. Having heard how he operated and how often he changed his cars and how difficult the were to trace to him I really do doubt it somehow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    I should add there have been a couple of fatal accidents on that road in the time we have been here. But you usually get the obligatory flower shrine, as it's usually some boy racer who wants to go full pelt on what he imagines to be a deserted country lane. So even if you don;t pass the upturned car (which we have), you know there's been a fatality not long after. We waited to see what happened but no flowers appeared.

I think that was probably some who had an anniversary of losing someone there or it was their birthday or something and they'd just come to pay tribute and had a funny sense of style.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    lil lexie wrote: »
    A event happened not so long ago though that made me go a bit cold. My sister usually comes home from work for her lunch. One afternoon I heard the front door open and then heard her rummaging in the cutlery draw - I naturally didn't think anything of it. I then came downstairs to ask her what she was going to have for her lunch, I was yacking away about stuff. On the bottom of the stairs we have a mirror through which you can see a reflection of the kitchen and I could see her flitting around the kitchen. I remember getting a bit pissed off because she wasn't answering me and I assumed she had her ipod on like she normally does but I got into the kitchen only to find there was nobody there, the house was empty. :confused:

That really spooked me a bit as not only was I certain I'd heard someone but I'd seen them as well and I just couldn't put a logical explanation to it.

Something similar happened to me too about 4 years ago. I woke up, alone in the house. I knew I was alone as I'd seen my family leave hours earlier. I could hear somebody typing, really loud, on the computer in the lounge downstairs. Constant typing, like for 15 minutes. I was too scared to go downstairs, so I stamped my feet twice on the floor. A few seconds later, the noise returned. The typing had suddenly stopped. I started crying, phoned my dad, he came home immediately from work to find nobody in the house, all doors and windows closed and locked, and the computer switched off. I must have been hallucinating, or something, but I could swear it was real. Looking back, I wish I'd had the courage to walk downstairs, either it was an intruder or I would have witnessed the ghostly typing for myself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Other scary things that have happened to me...

I was 11 and at school waiting for a lift home, I had stayed for extra revision, school usually finished at 3:15 but I had stayed until 4:15. I was waiting close to the school car park, when a car had entered the premises and parked in the bus stands. The man was greying, in his late 40s I'd say. and he didn't look at me, or anything, just sat there in his car staring straight ahead (the car was facing in a different direction). stayed there for about 5 minutes, then drove out of the exit, back round to the entrance, and repeated this about three times, without parking. Then he went round again (exited, then drove through the entrance), again parking at the bus stand, and he stayed parked for about 5 more minutes. It was very odd. He wasn't looking at me, but I was starting to get suspicious. So I got out my school journal from my bag, a pen, and wrote down his car registration plate. What happened then? Well.. he drove out of the exit and didn't come back. So I was thinking, he couldn't have been waiting for somebody, because he would have stayed in the same place, surely, instead of driving out of the exit and back through the entrance.. and he wouldn't have driven off after seeing me write down his reg plate. I only wrote half of it down because he'd driven off quite quickly. Luckily my lift came shortly afterwards. It was very strange.

Another situation.. i was walking over the fields with a friend of mine, we were both about 10. We cycled to the fields, and left our bikes at the 'entrance' to the field.. there's a little bridge we had to walk over to get to the field. Stupid to leave our bikes there as they could have got stolen, but you know. We walked all around the field for about 20-25 mins then decided to go home as it was winter so was going dark early. We made our way back to the entrance, and saw our bikes there, but there was a large black dog, just standing still staring at us. We were so scared. We were wondering whether we should risk it and cross the bridge and get our bikes, but the dog looked quite threatening, and it didn't seem to have an owner with it. The dog started barking, so we legged it across the field, and down into like a back alley of some houses, another dog barked at us really loud, we were crying, anyway we got home finally although it took us a very long time. We got the bikes back afterwards, and the dog had gone. It doesn't seem that creepy reading but we were very scared as we thought there was no way home, we didn't even know where we were going, we just ran as fast as we could as we were desperate to get home before it went dark.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One afternoon I got home to find a live seagull flapping about in the kitchen... Scared the sh*t out of me, less of a creepy story I suppose, but how did he get in?
  • Options
    damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a neonatal nurse and I really didn't believe in ghosts...until last year.
    I was at work on a sunday and I decided to nip to the loo in the parents overnight room as it was not being used on that day. The door to the room was open and as I turned to go through the door I could see as plain as day, a lady sat on the couch. She was sitting side on to me and she had short dark hair, looked about 28-30 years old and was wearing a white, cotton "waffle" dressing gown with tiny blue flowers on it. She turned and looked up at me and I was just about to speak to her when I realised that I could actually see the couch cushions "through" her body. She looked so sad and then she was gone. I went for a tinkle and just was overwhelmed with this most horrible sense of sadness. When I spoke to one of the other girls about the lady, she said that she had seen the exact same lady in the milk kitchen (next to the overnight room), a couple of weeks before. Weird .
  • Options
    ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a few eerie experiences I have. The latest was when I was on holiday in Las Vegas in September. I was staying in the Hotel Riviera.

I was staying in the holtel on my own and had an early night. I'd only been sleeping for a short while when I woke up. What woke me up though was as if someone had roled over me to get to the other side of the bed. I felt pushed down by some force.I was too afraid to open my eyes after this, fortunately, I went back to sleep quickly.

I told the lady at the check out about it and she said she'd never heard of anything like it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a neonatal nurse and I really didn't believe in ghosts...until last year.
    I was at work on a sunday and I decided to nip to the loo in the parents overnight room as it was not being used on that day. The door to the room was open and as I turned to go through the door I could see as plain as day, a lady sat on the couch. She was sitting side on to me and she had short dark hair, looked about 28-30 years old and was wearing a white, cotton "waffle" dressing gown with tiny blue flowers on it. She turned and looked up at me and I was just about to speak to her when I realised that I could actually see the couch cushions "through" her body. She looked so sad and then she was gone. I went for a tinkle and just was overwhelmed with this most horrible sense of sadness. When I spoke to one of the other girls about the lady, she said that she had seen the exact same lady in the milk kitchen (next to the overnight room), a couple of weeks before. Weird .

I'm assuming you work in a hospital and there's a parent's room because it's a children's hospital?

That's ever so sad, you wonder what happened to make her stay there waiting for something being so sad. It's interesting you say you felt sadness rather than fear. Sounds like that ghost might have stayed looking for someone they loved and meant no harm to anybody.
This discussion has been closed.