EDL making their way to Woolwich tonight

1789101113»

Comments

• -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now the courageous Cub Scout leader that confronted the attackers is someone to admire. A true heroine. Where were the EDL then? Hmm?
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Now the courageous Cub Scout leader that confronted the attackers is someone to admire. A true heroine. Where were the EDL then? Hmm?

Dahhn the pub, innit?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vinba wrote: »
    I know their energy prices are quite high but even that's a bit extreme :eek:

Hah! Even i'm getting in on the act now :D

I was seriously on my mobile on the bus so that's my excuse .. heh
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edl= Scum.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Oh God, just what Woolwich needed now, the chav squad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway, what's the point in violently killing a young lad if, as the attacker said "They don't care about you." ?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine Tommy Robinson will find some 'creative' argument around the fact that the man on the video is a born and bred british citizen ..
  • Erica CartmanErica Cartman Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody does or you're just leaving room for the EDL and as this thread shows, nobody wants that.

Er no, they don't. Nobody takes the EDL seriously, apart from you apparently.
  • DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er no, they don't. Nobody takes the EDL seriously, apart from you apparently.

It isn't the EDL who i take seriously it's what they take umbrage with that i take seriously and running around shouting racist isn't going to fix it and it wont make the EDL go away.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't the EDL who i take seriously it's what they take umbrage with that i take seriously and running around shouting racist isn't going to fix it and it wont make the EDL go away.

I think we will all agree that extremist Islam is a problem and I dont see anyone suporting it but the problem is the EDL is not the answer. They have no plan, no idea and no clues. If the EDL didnt go around trying to stir up shit then most people would ignore them but they are actively seeking to cause conflict so they are, in fact, VERY MUCH part of the problem.
  • DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    They have no plan, no idea and no clues.

This much is true but i dont think their aim is to provide a plan or an idea, they just feel that everyone is ignoring something that is apparent to them, so they shout about it.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, great. Now these idiots are heading for Newcastle on Saturday. Why can't they just go somewhere else? Sigh...
  • icic Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Ah, great. Now these idiots are heading for Newcastle on Saturday. Why can't they just go somewhere else? Sigh...

Hopefully they won't be able to read the timetable and just stay at home .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Neither extremist side is welcome. I'd be pleased if they went elsewhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably if the pakistani driver successfully asked for directions, then he must be able to speak English. However when the working class mean "English" in this country, it means something different. Not only must you speak English, you must have their accent. Without the accent, it is not considered proper English in this country.

His English was very bad though he did manage to ask for directions. Comments like that are honestly quite common round here what shocked me was the man was quite middle class and it wasn't very professional of him seeing as he was at work.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member

The demonstration that these retarded neolithic fascists went on last night required hundreds of extra police to be on duty just after a horrendous terrorist attack. Such an action is both deeply irresponsible and unpatriotic.

If anyone ever wanted to know what the epsilon semi-morons from Aldous Huxley's Brave New World looked like, all they have to do is look at any EDL member or supporter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJM91 wrote: »
    His English was very bad though he did manage to ask for directions. Comments like that are honestly quite common round here what shocked me was the man was quite middle class and it wasn't very professional of him seeing as he was at work.

He was stating a fact. Nothing wrong with that at all.
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wish that same brave woman would confront these bat-faced idiots.
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

They have been scheduled to go to Newcastle,for some time, the reason is, they have a lot of support there.
    Don't argue with me, check it out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    I wish that same brave woman would confront these bat-faced idiots.

And, say, the Luton protestors who march chanting "british soldiers burn in hell", with their faces covered?

I'm no defender of EDL but I'm wondering if people who are castigating them are equally appalled by the EDLs Muslim mirrors. :confused:
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    And, say, the Luton protestors who march chanting "british soldiers burn in hell", with their faces covered?

I'm no defender of EDL but I'm wondering if people who are castigating them are equally appalled by the EDLs Muslim mirrors. :confused:

Of course. The two sides are as menacing and divisive as each other. Wish they could all be dumped on a remote island somewhere so that the rest of us can live in peace.
  • cyberwarcyberwar Posts: 4,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This much is true but i dont think their aim is to provide a plan or an idea, they just feel that everyone is ignoring something that is apparent to them, so they shout about it.

EDL are just using this heinous act as a platform to recruit new members.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those saying that the Muslim community isn't doing enough to combat extremists within their community, here's an interesting article, another perspective http://www.guardian.co.uk/help/insideguardian/2011/jan/17/filming-british-muslims-fight-extremism

On a lighter note, a film that will make you smile, shame about the ending http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4U1dWtmHBM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course. The two sides are as menacing and divisive as each other. Wish they could all be dumped on a remote island somewhere so that the rest of us can live in peace.

Good, then we are in agreement :)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    They have been scheduled to go to Newcastle,for some time, the reason is, they have a lot of support there.
    Don't argue with me, check it out.

Shame on the people of Newcastle for supporting these idiots. Can't believe that. Hell!