Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that it takes BT 10 days to send an engineer out to 'upgrade' a phone line and I have to pay £50 for the privilege as well.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    If I'm quickly checking a text or looking at something on my phone and one of my mates asks "What are you looking at?" then immediately tries to have a look.

None of your ****ing business.

My mum does that all the time. I done my knee in recently and had to live in her house as I couldn't get up the stairs to my flat and she drove me mad. I'd be doing some work on my laptop and she'd keep sticking her head between my face and the screen to see what I was doing or "helping" by hammering on the keyboard. But I'm the bad guy because I'd get annoyed after all I wasn't doing anything just using a computer!
  • celtic starceltic star Posts: 8,254
    Forum Member
    Tea bags in the sink . >:(
  • SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Bloody price stickers on such things as birthday cards, that don't peel cleanly off, and leave a stain when you finally have managed to get off all the sodding bits.

When you buy a marked down food item from Tesco and they have stuck the big yellow reduction sticker over the heating/cooking instructions....>:(

It's as if they are saying 'When you're getting this lasagne for just 90p you work it out!'
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Semillion wrote: »
    When you buy a marked down food item from Tesco and they have stuck the big yellow reduction sticker over the heating/cooking instructions....>:(

It's as if they are saying 'When you're getting this lasagne for just 90p you work it out!'

I just use the smoke detector as a kitchen timer. When that goes off it's ready :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who buy scratchcards and then hold up the queue in the shop as they stand at the counter scratching at them and then asking the assistant to check them. And the assistants who let them do that.

Ugh....I knew a man (now deceased) who lived near me who used to spend a small fortune on scratchies and lottos each week. He'd save up all the ones that were winning tickets over a month or so and then go to our local newsagent and hand them over one by one for verification and paying out then buy a whole raft of new ones. He did quite well too I might add. But as this process took ages you'd often be standing behind him for a good 15-20 minutes. He was a very nice man but it really wore on my nerves when I got caught behind him at times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just use the smoke detector as a kitchen timer. When that goes off it's ready :)

:D:D:D
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People giving way to you, when it clearly makes more sense for you to give way to them. Then you've got to say thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The number of replies on the Pistorius thread.....
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's my day off and there's no one to play with. They all are at work or school, or too busy to indulge me. :cry:

The bloody cats won't play, either.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^no katnip toys hidden away for just such an occasion ?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Semillion wrote: »
    Ugh....I knew a man (now deceased) who lived near me who used to spend a small fortune on scratchies and lottos each week. He'd save up all the ones that were winning tickets over a month or so and then go to our local newsagent and hand them over one by one for verification and paying out then buy a whole raft of new ones. He did quite well too I might add. But as this process took ages you'd often be standing behind him for a good 15-20 minutes. He was a very nice man but it really wore on my nerves when I got caught behind him at times.

That reminds me of someone my parents knew (who is also now deceased; he smoked and drank himself to death :cry:). He did the lottery every week and he would spend at least £50 A WEEK on it! I don't know how many lines he did but that must have cost him a fortune.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^no katnip toys hidden away for just such an occasion ?

Nope. We don't buy them that sort, anyway, because
    a) Mach tends to hide them around the garden
    b) Gadfly tends to eat them, which often meant an emergency visit to the vet's
    c) Kane is too lazy to give a ****.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £50/week :o - I know I've got an addictive personality but I guess I should count me lucky stars it isn't as bad that that. Maybe he started with a couple of lines at the very beginning, then when they added the Wed draw he did that too with his "set of lines", then when they added the daily draws he did those too with his set, then when the Euro Draw came in he did that too, and from £2/week it grew to £50/week. :o (again!)
    Takae wrote: »
    Nope. We don't buy them that sort, anyway, because
    a) Mach:kitty: tends to hide them around the garden
    b) Gadfly:kitty: tends to eat them, which often meant an emergency visit to the vet's
    c) Kane:kitty: is too lazy to give a :o.
    :D
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 25,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    I'm getting annoyed at LinkedIn. I'm trying to log on from work but it thinks it is suspicious as I've never logged on from this IP before so it sends an email to Hotmail with a security code. But I can't get into Hotmail from work. So I tried to add work email to LinkedIn to get the code here, but I have to verify the email address by clicking a link. That requires me to log in to verify it, which puts me up against the security wall again.

I know it's bad form to quote oneself, but I've just sorted this and feel all :) and :cool:

I added work email to LinkedIn and then forwarded the confirmation link back home which worked and my works email was now on the account. Then when I tried to log in from work then clicked "send verification pin to all emails" so I could get the PIN to confirm work as a valid place to log in from.

Only taken me a few weeks to think of that. Annoyed that I didn't think of it sooner.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finding an interesting link to add to a thread, and someone has beaten me to it :p

Or starting a new thread on something, and someone says 'There's already a thread on that' (with a link to it) and I haven't noticed it... :kitty: :blush:

Posting something and not noticing a spelling mistake till it's too late to edit :cry:
  • VicarioVicario Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Going to cross road at pedestrian crossing, pressing the button. Then someone approaches on the other side of the road and presses the button. I. JUST. PRESSED. IT >:( Why are you undermining my button pressing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Being at the pedestrian crossing and moments after you press the button... nano seconds even.. it's like some magical power has vanished all the traffic.... EVERYTHING !!! You look left+right and there is nothing... absolutely NOTHING. So do you:
    (1) cross all chuffed that you've got across sooner than expected, only to find just as you step off the road a whole bunch of cars zoom up to the crossing only to stop suddenly cos the lights changed and the green man is flashing and you look to see a row of drivers glaring at you with their "why the fk did you press that button, we're sat here for NOTHING" (there being no one else wanting to cross the road)
    or (2) wait like a gimp until your personally requested green man appears which this time takes like for-E-veerrr.

AND

thinking I'd be more than ok with buying not so great quality conditioned comics cos "the price was so sweet" only to find them turn up with rips and bends and unbagged and unboarded and in a general pisspoor condition (though eBay listing DID reflect their icky state), and realizing I don't want such crappyquality things in my immaculate collection and I'm sat here working out how much NM copies will cost me and what a complete dildo I was and how much I wasted. It's ( NM or FVGC ) 4 ME or GTFO.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I go to Sainsburys and they ask me to enter my pin number a split second before I'm actually able to enter it. Yes I know what to do. Just give me a bleeding chance will ya! I often try to beat them to it but they are always too quick and impatient.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People watching people playing computer games. My son does this a lot. He plays a game but spends as much time watching YT videos of recordings of other people playing the game. Not too bad in itself but made 100x worse by a running commentary usually from some overexcited American kid shouting his head off and swearing throughout.

Since I can shout louder than Shouty American Geek my son now knows to use headphones :)
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    It's wrong on so many levels... :p

I see what you did there :kitty:
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two phone-based irritants that I've had trying to post this;

1) When you touch a link precisely but your phone decides to select a link nowhere near to the bugger that you actually pressed.

2) The fact that ****ing Autocarrot doesn't realise that sometimes you really do want to write the word "in", rather than "on". The context and the fact I pressed 'I' not 'o' should be your bloody clue!!!
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,566
    Forum Member
    Websites that won't accept credit card numbers with spaces, and you have to take them out before you can complete the transaction. Why? All credit cards have numbers in blocks of four, and it must be the simplest thing in the world to allow for the fact that some people are going to enter them that way! As many websites do of course.
  • Apple22over7Apple22over7 Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I’ve got a spot right at the entrance to my earhole, and it’s really itching and sore and annoying me – but I can’t get to it to squeeze it!
  • humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scottish Independence: Let's have an honest debate.

The title of the thread is so insipid.
    It's like the Independent Police Complaint Commission. The independence part is only there to made you think it is. When the truth is it isn't.
    "Let's have an honest debate" implies there was a dishonest debate prior to it.
This discussion has been closed.