Rihanna's Negativity.

Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why is there so much negative views surrounding Rihanna?
I honestly don't understand the hate and bashing she receives, not just from normal people but also from other 'artists'.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    She's a corporate puppet selling sex to children.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, she gets more haggard by the day, and sounds like a cat being stood on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly don't understand the hate and bashing she receives, not just from normal people but also from other 'artists'.
    Her lifestyle which she knows will be in the papers and magazines for young fans to see.
    This
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Also, she gets more haggard by the day, and sounds like a cat being stood on.

Cant argue too much with this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also FFS, can we please stop calling people artists when they are no such thing? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also FFS, can we please stop calling people artists when they are no such thing? :confused:

THIS.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gonna write my opinion but every other reply to this thread has summed it up. So a collective "This" from me :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    every big name recieves detractors and negative response as much as positive.

It is just that right now she has overexposed herself in front of the media right now and it channels all of this negative feedback.

But tbh out of all the current Pop music Rihanna is the only one i genuinely like to be honest, but i do personally feel she needs to pull herself away a bit, get inspired and do something herself....because unfortunately the effect can tear off from her...but alas.
  • coollistcoollist Posts: 136
    Forum Member

I salute your incisive honesty
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like some of Rihanna's songs but I think a lot of people get fed up with her because she has so much exposure and so little talent. Granted, she has that something about her, but she can't sing, and from what live performances I've seen - she doesn't perform very well either. Obviously she's not the only one, but she's had so much success in the last few years that I think many people think it's undeserved considering that she doesn't really contribute anything to the music she sells.
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This really. Although she has good songs and she's quite sexy.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I pretty much echo everybody else. Rihanna is the kind of singer that is 95% image, 5% talent. Let's be honest, she is not where she is because of her talent. She can pump albums and singles out like there's no tomorrow because she contributes pretty much nothing. She's probably giving a list of 12 demo's, told to listen to them, she then sings them and then is told that is her next album.

Even as an individual (music aside) she's not helping herself. Maybe she's not trying to be seen as a role model, but with the fame she has, it pretty much should come with the title. She's everywhere at once and her lifestyle is quick hazardous to her. Fair dos to her because she works a lot concert-wise but then with all the partying she does as well, and then ends up landing herself in hospital a few times. I think what Rihanna needs is to go away for a while and come back in a year or 2.
  • bob187bob187 Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    I think what Rihanna needs is to go away for a while and come back in a year or 2.

I half agree with you!
  • aiseyaisey Posts: 352
    Forum Member

Probably one of the most insightful, honest and to the point comments I've read on DS.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bob187 wrote: »
    I half agree with you!

Haha Did you agree up until I said "for a while.."?
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ICON111 wrote: »
    She has good songs and she's quite sexy.
    I agree with this part of your post. I find it sad there's so many negative views of Rihanna but all artists (and yes she is one) get them I guess...
  • scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Case closed.

It's so cynical that it's cringe-worthy.
  • habanalahabanala Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was massive before the chris brown incident, had a moderately successful album after the incident then went on to be massive again! Being beat up didnt help her whatsoever, releasing good music did. And she shouldnt have to be a role model, there are artists who do alot worse than her but she gets judged so much because she is a woman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come to think of it, she is britney 2.0 isnt she? pretty popstar, sings catchy pop songs, average voice, doesn't write any of the songs, but whats wrong with that? She's not committing any serious crimes, she's just giving us what we want.
  • XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be a bit negative if I found love in a hopeless place.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because she keeps STALKING her ex Chris Brown, keep talking about him, do not want to move on with her life:mad::mad:. Im sick and tired of her brigning his name whenever she has somethng to promote :mad:.
    Dont get me wrong what he did to her was absolutely horrible but it has been almost 4 years and she keeps rehashing the past.
    I find it incredibly cruel for her to come on national tv crying she still loves him :rolleyes: :rolleyes: with no regards to his GF.:mad: Karma is Bitch and she will get whats coming to her one day.
    And I like how the media do not call her a homerecker simply because she is a celeb. She has been and continues to be incredibly vile to Chris GF (of 2 years), his exes, she JUST WONT LEAVE HIM ALONE! Yes she has an obsession with him that is just not healthy and from what Im reading elsewhere thats why some people start to turn againt her, Good:cool:.
    Imho, she needs to go to therapy and find it in herself to LET HIM GO. Because Im pretty sure that he would never ever go back with her and even if he wasnt with his current GF he would still not be with her.She needs to face that reality because I dont know who is enabling her to continue on this fantasy.
    So to sum it up :D , I believe she is getting this backlash because of her Ex and she needs to Move Onnnnnnnnnn which she refuses to do:mad::mad:
    I really dont think it has anything to do with her music but more so with her personal life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    Because she keeps STALKING her ex Chris Brown, keep talking about him, do not want to move on with her life:mad::mad:. Im sick and tired of her brigning his name whenever she has somethng to promote :mad:.
    Dont get me wrong what he did to her was absolutely horrible but it has been almost 4 years and she keeps rehashing the past.
    I find it incredibly cruel for her to come on national tv crying she still loves him :rolleyes: :rolleyes: with no regards to his GF.:mad: Karma is Bitch and she will get whats coming to her one day.
    And I like how the media do not call her a homerecker simply because she is a celeb. She has been and continues to be incredibly vile to Chris GF (of 2 years), his exes, she JUST WONT LEAVE HIM ALONE! Yes she has an obsession with him that is just not healthy and from what Im reading elsewhere thats why some people start to turn againt her, Good:cool:.
    Imho, she needs to go to therapy and find it in herself to LET HIM GO. Because Im pretty sure that he would never ever go back with her and even if he wasnt with his current GF he would still not be with her.She needs to face that reality because I dont know who is enabling her to continue on this fantasy.
    So to sum it up :D , I believe she is getting this backlash because of her Ex and she needs to Move Onnnnnnnnnn which she refuses to do:mad::mad:
    I really dont think it has anything to do with her music but more so with her personal life.

I can't believe you're defending him to the point of frenzied fangirl, I know she's forgiven him but what he did was absolutely abhorrently horrendous to her, if anything she hasn't talked enough about it to reach out to those of her fans who have been affected by domestic violence but that's her choice, it's sickening that he has just bounced back up the music charts, because talented though he may be, he didn't even get to serve jail time for the aggravated assault he carried out. Rihanna constantly gets asked about it, can't blame her for talking about it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »

After reading this post I think it's you who needs therapy darling, run along now.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member

1- All her songs are autotuned crap
    2- She's a poor example to young girls.
  • mkirilenkofanmkirilenkofan Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1- All her songs are autotuned crap
    2- She's a poor example to young girls.

1. Not all of them....
    2. What if she doesn't want to be a role model for young girls?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Not all of them....
    2. What if she doesn't want to be a role model for young girls?

She never set out to be. She told Oprah this.