Philip Schofield and his catchphrase "... is a friend to no-one"

FlorianFlorian Posts: 305
Forum Member
Why does he feel the need to use this stupid phrase every other sentence?

Comments

• i4ui4u Posts: 54,751
    Forum Member
    Bet he can list all his friends on one cue card.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    and he would have downloaded those from the web
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Hadn't noticed any frequent use of that phrase....have always found him to be a pleasant, competant,fair minded and also good humoured presenter...would imagine has as many friends as he wants.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    Hadn't noticed any frequent use of that phrase....have always found him to be a pleasant, competant,fair minded and also good humoured presenter...would imagine has as many friends as he wants.

It has been said many times before on This Morning, usually during the food segments. I remember one occasion where Phil Vickery got properly pee'd off that Holly and Phil went into a state of giggles at the line and he couldn't be heard.
    Forum Member
    Always? ;)
  • CocaColaCocaCola Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    I never get why people continue to watch a programme when they dislike its leading presenter so much...
  • NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Bet he can list all his friends on one cue card.

Well surely anyone could?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Florian wrote: »
    Why does he feel the need to use this stupid phrase every other sentence?

I'm not sure of the exact story but it's to do with a female guest they had on the show who wasn't wearing underwear and so they could see everything. A few days later when in the kitchen I think they were making Kebabs he made the comment 'a dry kebab is a friend to no one' him and Holly cried with laughter thinking back to the previous guest who had no underwear on. Philip was explaining it on Celeb Juice a few months back :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phillip Schofield has got way to big for his boots especially after the fine ITV got for his incompetent way he dealt with the list of so called alleged sex offenders he got of the digital spy forums.

I would have sacked the goon straight away for being the plonker he is in the fact that he thought he was untouchable and could do anything he likes, something Jimmy Saville use to do with his so called god like fame.

These TV people and there catch phrases are just morons trying to impress the dumb people who watch shows like this morning.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    MaidyC wrote: »
    I'm not sure of the exact story but it's to do with a female guest they had on the show who wasn't wearing underwear and so they could see everything. A few days later when in the kitchen I think they were making Kebabs he made the comment 'a dry kebab is a friend to no one' him and Holly cried with laughter thinking back to the previous guest who had no underwear on. Philip was explaining it on Celeb Juice a few months back :)

:D that made me laugh, I didn't even know 'friend to no-one' was his little catchphrase
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MaidyC wrote: »
    I think they were making Kebabs he made the comment 'a dry kebab is a friend to no one' him and Holly cried with laughter thinking back to the previous guest who had no underwear on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJl3_sdoEQc

rumours are it was kirsty allsopp but i dont think that is true lol
  • aligailaligail Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Did you see him yesterday morning on This Morning - telling Gino that he was wrong to say that butter was made from milk - complete nonsense I think he said! Someone behind the camera must have corrected him because he did apologise and admit he was wrong - which amazed me !
    Someone has posted it on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xC4ZX6weoU
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cynet wrote: »
    Phillip Schofield has got way to big for his boots especially after the fine ITV got for his incompetent way he dealt with the list of so called alleged sex offenders he got of the digital spy forums.

I would have sacked the goon straight away for being the plonker he is in the fact that he thought he was untouchable and could do anything he likes, something Jimmy Saville use to do with his so called god like fame.

These TV people and there catch phrases are just morons trying to impress the dumb people who watch shows like this morning.

He pretty much got away with it unscathed......he didn't even have the balls to make his own on-air apology.

It's surprising just how much of a pr*ck he has become.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,751
    Forum Member
    aligail wrote: »
    Did you see him yesterday morning on This Morning - telling Gino that he was wrong to say that butter was made from milk - complete nonsense I think he said! Someone behind the camera must have corrected him because he did apologise and admit he was wrong - which amazed me !

And Holly finally opens her gob and cynically chips in with.... "We don't hear that often, do we."
    Forum Member
    I'd be more interested to know what he thought it was made of :eek: :confused:
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    And Holly finally opens her gob and cynically chips in with.... "We don't hear that often, do we."

Shame she doesn't do it more often!
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too.
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I'd be more interested to know what he thought it was made of :eek: :confused:

I know!

I would have thought that butter not made from milk is a friend to no-one.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah what a dipshit! And he said it like he's some Mr Know It All. Talking to Gino like he's a retard. Damn fool.
  • CocaColaCocaCola Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Yeah what a dipshit! And he said it like he's some Mr Know It All. Talking to Gino like he's a retard. Damn fool.

You peasants read far too much into these kind of moments...