Options

Would you ever send hate mail to a stranger?

2»

Comments

• Options
    peopleschmeoplepeopleschmeople Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of I course I haven't. Total waste of time and effort for all involved. Why would you think they would listen? Why would you think they would care? They're not on some TV popularity/talent show contest.

Nine times out of ten, they will engage with you, albeit in a neanderthal sort of way. One guy was actually ashamed of what he had done (to a kitten) and told me that it was down to the steroids he had been taking.

It is fairly common for animal abusers whose names appear in the media to be hounded by animal lovers; you'll often see that they've had to move away due to "public anger" and so forth.

I usually urge animal abusers to end their lives as they're utterly worthless. Don't know if I've succeeded yet. Would be delighted if I had. Human life is not that precious, as far as I'm concerned (I'm pro-death penalty, etc) and some humans are just pure scum that don't deserve to go on living their miserable lives.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Nine times out of ten, they will engage with you, albeit in a neanderthal sort of way. One guy was actually ashamed of what he had done (to a kitten) and told me that it was down to the steroids he had been taking.

It is fairly common for animal abusers whose names appear in the media to be hounded by animal lovers; you'll often see that they've had to move away due to "public feeling" and so forth.

I usually urge animal abusers to end their lives as they're utterly worthless. Don't know if I've succeeded yet. Would be delighted if I had. Human life is not that precious, as far as I'm concerned (I'm pro-death penalty, etc) and some humans are just pure scum that don't deserve to go on living their miserable lives.

So they hurt a kitten and you urge them to kill themselves

Ok :confused:
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how many of the people who say they'd never send 'hate mail' in any form to a stranger, citing better things to do, wouldn't hesitate to post a hate filled comment on this very site about a stranger they've read about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reply on Facebook from mother of a teenage kitten abuser from Minster, Kent (she and her scuzzy mates filmed themselves throwing a tiny kitten around the room). Spelling is hers, asterisks are mine:
    get a f***ing life n stop bulling kids u f***ing weirdo

pleased u felt the need to share ur thoughts u sad piece of sh*t u may now go bk to rocking n self harming ya FREAKKKK

Some people just shouldn't breed :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    So they hurt a kitten and you urge them to kill themselves

Ok :confused:

TORTURED and KILLED a kitten in that case. Best solution all round, yes.
  • Options
    SmartTIIamSmartTIIam Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    No. Thankfully I am too intelligent to be a part of the pitchfork mob.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bit harsh on a burglar to be compared with mugging an old lady

Is it? The fear and sense of violation are the same. And it wouldn't be the first time burglars turned nasty on house owners - this is because burglars are nasty people, like muggers.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is fairly common for animal abusers whose names appear in the media to be hounded by animal lovers; you'll often see that they've had to move away due to "public anger" and so forth.

How's the weather in that glass house of yours, eh?

How about you report a crime you're aware of the the relevant authorities and then mind your own business?
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    If someone had appeared in the media for committing a heinous crime such as hurting an animal, mugging an old person, or burgling people's homes, would you be tempted to send them hate mail?

If, for example, you found their profile on Facebook or Twitter, would you send them messages telling them what you thought of them or do you think that's a bit of a sad thing to do?

If the criminal lived in your neighbourhood but wasn't actually known to you, would you be tempted to start or join in a hate campaign against them, or would you "live and let live"?

I've never sent hate mail to anyone, but I have called certain people on the net the c word.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I'm not that kind of person
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I wouldn't. I would rather do it face-to-face if the guilty is clearly remorseless. I don't like poison letters for a personal reason.

My mum's dog went missing one day. So a local newspaper published a little article about it along with a photo of me (I was 7) and Mum's other dogs.

A couple of days later, the headmistress came to my class and told me to follow her to her office. She told me to pick up the phone. My mum was on phone. She asked if I was okay. I was. A bit puzzled, but yeah, I was fine. I was sent back to the classroom. A week later, the dog was found near Mum's home by a kind soul. Yay.

It wasn't until years later that I found out my mum received letters from random strangers. Almost all said they had me and that they were having 'fun' with me (two described the sexual details graphically). One said she had taken me from my school to her home, because she felt sorry for me.

I couldn't work out how they knew the details, so I read the old newspaper cutting. The reporter had noted my name, full name of my school and the fact I was a school boarder, which is how those crazy writers knew. It taught me not to share certain details since then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it affected me personally yes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. If you find yourself doing that then you have way to much time on your hands.