Done deal that No will win?

chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
Forum Member
Going by Oddschecker and regaining leads in polls, is it right to say that No have reached the done deal stage of victory?

Comments

• Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way. Its getting incredibly hard to call because so many people have signed up to vote. Opinion polls haven't ever had to deal with something on this scale before.
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Going by Oddschecker and regaining leads in polls, is it right to say that No have reached the done deal stage of victory?

Still a week to go. A lot can happen.
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    The no campaign and their many fans on here (I'm not saying who I'm backing ;)) would love to just call things off right now -"Done deal folks, nothing to see here". They seem to hate the idea of democracy the ones I've seen. Went from deriding the Scots to trying to sweeten them up to deriding them again. Whatever happens I don't think English-Scottish relations will be quite the same after this, even with the Scots who voted no - the English have made it quite clear they think they own the rest of the UK and it's not really a union at all to them (I obviously don't mean every English person, just most of the media and most people on this site ;))
  • delegate zerodelegate zero Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if RIC get out half the folk they think they will, it's a certain YES

the unpollable "underclass"will do this, if they actually turn up. RIC have a convoy of cars to give them lifts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    It's being reported that a high percentage of Yes voters are middle aged, working class men. Probably shouting at each other down the pub about how Westminster is to blame for their social status situation.
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    It's being reported that a high percentage of Yes voters are middle aged, working class men. Probably shouting at each other down the pub about how Westminster is to blame for their social status situation.
    The clichés never stop, do they? Don't people get tired of spouting the same old rubbish time after time?
    Forum Member
    The clichés never stop, do they? Don't people get tired of spouting the same old rubbish time after time?

It's fear. No other explanation for it.
    Forum Member
    welshfoxy wrote: »

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2009098

I never said anyone was a wannabe snob though.
    Forum Member
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2009098

I never said anyone was a wannabe snob though.

Now that is rich.
    Forum Member
    Your words, not mine.
  • KezMKezM Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't fear but a joke?
    Forum Member
    Your words, not mine.

Well this is enlightening zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Forum Member
    KezM wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that it wasn't fear but a joke?

Not many people have a sense of humour in this forum.
  • D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am not ashamed to be working class! It seems a dirty word sometimes.
    Forum Member
    Not many people have a sense of humour in this forum.

It needs to be a joke to be classed as humour. If I got you wrong I'm sorry.
    Forum Member
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »
    I am not ashamed to be working class! It seems a dirty word sometimes.

As well you shouldn't. I am of council stock from a working class background and sound as common as muck as I have a London accent, although would be considered middle class by definition today.

It's an outdated way to profile people in this day and age anyway.
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Right now its very much looking like a No and the Yes lot have peaked too early, but a week to go anything can change.
    Forum Member
    As well you shouldn't. I am of council stock from a working class background and sound as common as muck as I have a London accent, although would be considered middle class by definition today.

It's an outdated way to profile people in this day and age anyway.

Based on this I'll give you the benefit of the doubt :blush:
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if RIC get out half the folk they think they will, it's a certain YES

the unpollable "underclass"will do this, if they actually turn up. RIC have a convoy of cars to give them lifts.

So their tactic for winning is to drag the "underclass" out of their homes, tell them who to vote for and take them to the polling station? Won't they be missing Jeremy Kyle or something?

And thus a nation was born.
  • delegate zerodelegate zero Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    So their tactic for winning is to drag the "underclass" out of their homes, tell them who to vote for and take them to the polling station? Won't they be missing Jeremy Kyle or something?

And thus a nation was born.

pre postal vote days, it was a common sight at election times to see Labour wheeling out the demented from old folks homes.

Educating and encouraging the disenfranchised is a positive, nothing else.

YES shops in rundown highstreets all over the country each got hundreds of new voters registered.
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by the odds - No=2/5 Yes-3-1, it looks a racing certainty that No voters will win the vote. If you can call it a win when it is against their own interest.

To listen to the party leaders you would imagine that small countries like Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, would be full of starving children and rotting corpses Actually of course, as our leaders know full well, small left wing countries are the richest, best educated, best housed, healthiest, happiest and most crime free in the world.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    It was never meant to get this far.

Salmond pushed it because he's on an ego trip and meant to use it all as a stunt to get more devolution.

He's now extremely worried because he has no plan on what to do with currency, has no chance of getting his hands on any North Sea oil (which will remain firmly in British hands) and if this silly little stunt does end up with a 'Yes' outcome, he'll be on the first plane to South America on Friday morning, never to be seen again and leaving chaos in his wake.
    Forum Member
    JimothyD wrote: »
    It was never meant to get this far.

Salmond pushed it because he's on an ego trip and meant to use it all as a stunt to get more devolution.

He's now extremely worried because he has no plan on what to do with currency, has no chance of getting his hands on any North Sea oil (which will remain firmly in British hands) and if this silly little stunt does end up with a 'Yes' outcome, he'll be on the first plane to South America on Friday morning, never to be seen again and leaving chaos in his wake.

What planet are you on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    The actual chances of Yes winning have always been slim, there hasn't been much doubt in the result for a while.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member

Yes - it must be so nice to be such a superior snob looking down on ordinary working people. Are nearly half of Scots angry old men - that sounds more like the bankers trying to scare people.

No is in fact most strongly supported by the elderly and snobs in Edinburgh and the borders. If you could sum up a typical No voter it would be a Scottish Hyacinth Bucket.

No will probably win because people are more easily scared than they used to be. I just hope they remember FDRs famous words - you have nothing to fear but fear itself. There is more to life than money and being home to two of the worlds most technically insolvent banks.