Options

Football League Fixtures 2015-16

ftvftv Posts: 31,668
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Football League has announced the fixtures for 2015-16 will be released on Wednesday June 17 at 0900.

Comments

• Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew that ages ago
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Swindon to play away on Boxing Day.:D
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    It's like Christmas. It seems to come round earlier each year.
  • Options
    Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swindon to play away on Boxing Day.:D

You know it's gonna happen. Our nearest fixtures this coming season are Coventry and Millwall:o

Is there any other club out there who had not had a scheduled home Boxing Day fixture since 2006? Come on, speak up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like Notts will be at home on the 1st day for the first time in 5 years as the Ashes are at Trent Bridge on the 1st weekend of the season. While Forest are unlikely to be at home, County probably aren't allowed to be at home either as our home game with Bristol City last season was moved to a Sunday because of cricket
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any other club out there who had not had a scheduled home Boxing Day fixture since 2006? Come on, speak up!

Admittedly it's not the same, but Peterborough have only played at home on Boxing Day once since then - and that was back in 2008. (We should have been at home on 26/12/10, but it was postponed.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    Admittedly it's not the same, but Peterborough have only played at home on Boxing Day once since then (2008) - we were meant to be at home on Boxing Day 2010, but it was one of the many postponements that day.

Yeah Notts had home games postponed on Boxing Day in the bad winters of 2009 and 2010 against Grimsby and Rochdale
  • Options
    familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe that Oldham will be playing away for first three matches (I think that includes League cup game) due to new stand may not be ready until 22nd or 29th August, I hope when fixtures list come out on Wednesday that Oldham are playing Blackpool and Wigan (both away game) on Saturday so I can att them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe that Oldham will be playing away for first three matches (I think that includes League cup game) due to new stand may not be ready until 22nd or 29th August, I hope when fixtures list come out on Wednesday that Oldham are playing Blackpool and Wigan (both away game) on Saturday so I can att them.

That seems strange considering that a lot of grounds stay open while building work is done. That stands had work done on it for the last 2 years and Boundary Park has been fine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not true - Oldham got Middlesbrough at home in the Capital One Cup.
  • Options
    familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    That seems strange considering that a lot of grounds stay open while building work is done. That stands had work done on it for the last 2 years and Boundary Park has been fine

To be honest it was rumours which may not be true given Oldham are home to Middlesbrough in League cup (again) three days after season start but believe it something do to fact that they sold 2,000 season ticket for new stand and that stand may not be ready in time for 8/15th August. (They probably end up putting 2,000 fans in RRE stand which hold 4,600 if new stand isn't ready in time)
  • Options
    lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I realise you can't please all of the clubs, all of the time, but who on earth signed off Plymouth Argyle going to Hartlepool the week before Christmas and Carlisle the week after? Very harsh on there supporters. Carlisle also come down to Devon on a tuesday night.
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I see Swindon play at Home against Gillingham on Boxing Day. :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep Swindon actually at home on Boxing Day

Notts away at Hartlepool on Boxing Day- and away at Carlisle the week before. Dreadful
  • Options
    BrewersBrewers Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Carlisle having to travel to Plymouth on a Tuesday night. Crazy.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No different to when Plymouth played Sunderland away on a Tuesday night (it was either 03/04 or 04/05, can't remember which) and got beaten 5-1. I can still remember our pa announcer telling the Plymouth fans to "have a safe journey and give us three rings when you get home tomorrow afternoon"! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    No different to when Plymouth played Sunderland away on a Tuesday night (it was either 03/04 or 04/05, can't remember which) and got beaten 5-1. I can still remember our pa announcer telling the Plymouth fans to "have a safe journey and give us three rings when you get home tomorrow afternoon"! :D

Sounds funny. Luckily both our meetings with Plymouth are on Saturdays

County have a difficult start at Teddy Sheringham's Stevenage for his first game in charge before Mansfield at home
  • Options
    19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 8000 Leicester supporters alreadt booking August Bank Holiday Hotels in Bournemouth where we will receive around a 1000 tickets! :D
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    Is it really so difficult to regionalise midweek fixtures? Wednesday have to go to Brighton and QPR on a Tuesday night which will make it practically impossible to get a train back home the same night - and it's the same for those clubs as the return fixtures are midweek as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the strangest feeling of deja vu when the fixtures came out - that could be because we've got Chesterfield on Boxing Day for the second year running. (At least we're at home this year.)
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why are the fixtures not uniform and based on seedings / placings in their respective leagues?
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would they be?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brewers wrote: »
    Carlisle having to travel to Plymouth on a Tuesday night. Crazy.

At least that's in August in the middle of the Summer Holidays, be worse if that fixture was midweek during the winter, side note, it'll be getting light when Carlisle fans who make the trip arrive home around 5am the following day.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jrmswfc wrote: »
    Is it really so difficult to regionalise midweek fixtures? Wednesday have to go to Brighton and QPR on a Tuesday night which will make it practically impossible to get a train back home the same night - and it's the same for those clubs as the return fixtures are midweek as well.

Not as simple as that, some leagues the nearest team could be 2+ hours drive, Carlisle's case nearest teams in their division are Morecambe, Accrington, Hartlepool & York, with the amount of midweek fixtures they have to play Carlisle will have long trips.
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    Not as simple as that, some leagues the nearest team could be 2+ hours drive, Carlisle's case nearest teams in their division are Morecambe, Accrington, Hartlepool & York, with the amount of midweek fixtures they have to play Carlisle will have long trips.

Yeah I know it's not all that easy, but they know in advance how many midweek fixture programmes there are so there's no reason why they couldn't arrange those roughly geographically, e.g. a north/south divide like they do for the first round of the league cup. Carlisle going to Plymouth midweek is just ridiculous, their fans would need to be taking two days off work.

Clubs like those at the extreme ends of the country will always have long away trips and must be used to them, but even if Plymouth or Carlisle were given (still) long midweek journeys to the midlands as a maximum or elsewhere in the north/south instead of the opposite end of the country it's still saving their players and fans hours of travelling.