Options

Tiscali now talk talk question.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
Forum Member
Hi I receved an email today from Tiscali telling me that talk talk have now taken over or will be doing so soon, Just wanted to know if talk talk was any good since I take it im now with them.

Here was the Email I got

Dear Customer,

We are pleased to inform you that Tiscali Group has today reached an agreement with TalkTalk (the wholly owned subsidiary of Carphone Warehouse Group PLC) for the sale of Tiscali's UK operations to TalkTalk. The agreement is expected to complete in the next few weeks.

We are delighted to become part of the TalkTalk Group, all Tiscali customers will increasingly benefit from an innovative business that has consistently championed best value and award winning customer service.

I would like to re-assure you that all your services and products continue as normal and without interruption and importantly the continuation of your existing email addresses.

To find out more information and to answer any of your questions please go to www.talktalk.co.uk/tiscali/.

Kind regards,
Mary Turner

Comments

• Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amiga wrote: »
    Just wanted to know if talk talk was any good since I take it im now with them.
    I signed about 18 months ago for the AOL laptop offer which runs on the same Carphone Warehouse network as Talk Talk and have been happy with it and get cheap phone calls.
    However I am not a heavy downloader and notice that some older AOL users have been complaining that they have lots of disconnections when they were moved to the Carphone Warehouse network and have had throttling at peak times applied. I have had to rarely call customer support, but notice that others have been frustrated with it and would dispute the "award winning customer service".

It could be that Talk Talk have learnt from migrating AOL and will migrate Tiscalli seemlessly into Talk Talk, but Tiscalli have been losing money and Talk Talk will want to get the Tiscalli customers away from the expensive BT wholesale connectivity to their cheaper LLU connectivity ASAP so there might be some short distruption of service and customer support should give warnings and help before it happens.

The samknows.com website will be able to confirm if your local exchange has LLU or BT wholesale connectivity for Tiscali and Talk Talk.
  • Options
    Troy TempestTroy Tempest Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    You won't notice much difference if any, the colour of the header on your bill will change, :)

I've been with Bulldog since 2002 and it's changed from Cable and Wireless to Pipex to Tiscali and now to Talk Talk and nothing changes as I'm still on the same LLU network.

If I have to ring CS (once last year) I get put through to a Bulldog specific operator (In India of course :rolleyes:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    I emailed talktalk....

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding the changes to your account if you transfer to TalkTalk.

I can advise that there will be no disruption to your services as you will continue to remain a Tiscali customer for as long as you wish. Your service will not need to be moved to TalkTalk unless you request this.

TalkTalk and Tiscali will be sharing the same parent company but will continue to operate as separate companies within their own right. This means that everything about your account with Tiscali will remain the same until you wish to change it.

You will continue to be billed by Tiscali until you advise otherwise."

So....Tiscali customers wont actually change to talktak.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Paper DollPaper Doll Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiscali customers are used to bad customer service and throttling at peak times and most are on LLU anyway so little change really unless they scrap the TV service.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    Now would be the perfect time to cancel and find a better isp
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    roland69 wrote: »
    Now would be the perfect time to cancel and find a better isp

exactly what I was thinking.

:(:(:(

I'm a Toucan customer sold on to Pipex, then Tiscali and now Talk Talk :cry::cry: If I had wanted to be with Tiscali or CPW then I would have chosen that.
  • Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TalkTalk and Tiscali will be sharing the same parent company but will continue to operate as separate companies within their own right
    Thats not what CPW says
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/08/carphone_tiscali/
    Carphone Warehouse said it expects to make integration savings of between £40m and £50m by March 2011. It said they will come from migrating 80 per cent of customers to a single, unbundled network and "efficiencies associated with backhaul, the core network and individual exchange costs". Billing systems will also be combined.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8039584.stm (edit - added BBC link)
    Carphone Warehouse currently provides broadband services under its TalkTalk brand and via AOL Broadband.

Carphone chief executive Charles Dunstone said that the company would eventually just have a single brand.

But he added that Tiscali e-mail addresses would survive.

"We know the business well and the fit with TalkTalk is perfect," Mr Dunstone said.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This doesn't mean that anything is likely to change anytime soon, although Charles Dunstone said that they will eventually be rolling TalkTalk, AOL and Tiscali into a single brand.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    We've been a customer with Tiscali for 4 years, my mum claims that she doesn't have any problems... but she's not the one who downloads alot or sees the traffic shaping and poor speeds in the evenings. I have never been happy with Tiscali and I doubt anything will get any better to be honest when we switch to TalkTalk. I hope I can persaude my mum to switch to a good ISP soon, hoping that O2/Be unbundle on our exchange soon. We have cable in this area too via Smallworld they get alot of good rap and are probably the best of the bunch in our area, but again my mum doesn't want cable *rolls eyes*... wish I was the one that payed for it.

I hate Tiscali and I doubt very much that TalkTalk would be much better.
    I wouldn't be happy with TalkTalk as I am a very heavy downloader and 40GB a month just is not enough.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate Tiscali and I doubt very much that TalkTalk would be much better.
    I wouldn't be happy with TalkTalk as I am a very heavy downloader and 40GB a month just is not enough.

With TalkTalk, for an extra £4 you can get 80GB per month and for another £4 you can get "up to 24mb" ADSL2+.

Not brilliant, but better than Tiscali.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jittlov wrote: »
    With TalkTalk, for an extra £4 you can get 80GB per month and for another £4 you can get "up to 24mb" ADSL2+.

Not brilliant, but better than Tiscali.

By the time you pay that, you will get a better deal from a different ISp for about the same price and should have a better service.