Best/ Fav Nail Varnish ...

mocha-lattemocha-latte Posts: 2,472
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm using Nails Inc at the momant ...
Anything better ? what's your favorite brand?

:)

Comments

• Non-EntityNon-Entity Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I'm usually sloppy with nail varnish and find them extremely hard to apply. I am in love with the pink shades from Barry M but again hard to apply the brush is way too thin and needs several coats.

A nail polish I can't fault is the Rimmel Pro nail polish, it has a "mistake free applicator" I really wish all polishes had this brush it is amazing and it is actually hard to make a mistake. It does need two coats if you want a solid colour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would agree with Barry M, they have loads of different funky colours and are reasonably priced. Boots no7 range is good too though quite expensive.

I like the Gosh nail varnishes too, they sell them in superdrug
  • CosimothCosimoth Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Nails Inc all the way. Only discovered it in December when it was a free giveaway with Glamour magazine! Won't use anything else when doing my own nails now. If I go for a manicure at the salon, then OPI is the brand of choice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I use Barry M (www.barrym.com) and Models Own (www.modelsownit.com) - both of those can't be beaten for their range of colours.

I use the Boots no7 top coat and base coats though - their top coat is really good. Much better than Barry M's is.
  • mocha-lattemocha-latte Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See Boots and Superdrug sell Barry M will have a look over the weekend, and give it a go :D

thanks for replies :) xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OPI is the best in my opinion, I do like nails inc too though. Cheap nail varnishes really don't work for me, they chip off almost instantly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love barry m and george at asda :]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the No 7 Speed dry ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diamond Cosmetics are good, they're an American brand, the only place I know of to get them over here is a website called FlashyNails, they're about £3 a bottle.
  • martinamerlotmartinamerlot Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OPI and China Glaze all the way! Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle as a top coat prolongs the wear even more.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    OPI are the best imo. They seem to have the best range of colours, and their nail care/treatments are good too.
  • princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Revlon ones are fantastic! Also, I love Essie, they have a brilliant range of pastels, is you like nude-ish nails. :)
  • mocha-lattemocha-latte Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Revlon ones are fantastic! Also, I love Essie, they have a brilliant range of pastels, is you like nude-ish nails. :)

I love Pastel Nudi-nails, but Bright toe nails, so i'm always Odd :o
    so to speak! :eek:
  • malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Revlon
    Barry M
    OPI
    Mabelline
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    OPI, OPI, OPI.

From Nail Envy to Avoplex to their amazing range of laquers (gotta love the names :D )

I also use Barbara Daly's Goodbye Yellow, available in Tesco, for a great French manicure cheat with minimum hassle. People think I have had my nails professionally done when I use it.

http://www.barbaradalymake-up.co.uk/goodbye-yellow.php
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like bourjois, Opi, barry m and revlon :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Opi really good their colours are fab especialy the alice in wonderland and hong kong
    Nails inc love thier colours their do block colours soooo fab
    china glaze wizard ohh ahh oz love it
    Leighton denny best seller beautiful
    Barry m beautiful
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to use OPI varnishes but I'm sadly lacking in sufficient funds for them. So I use Boots' Natural Collection for now.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I'd like to use OPI varnishes but I'm sadly lacking in sufficient funds for them. So I use Boots' Natural Collection for now.

I get most of my OPI laquers from E-Bay - they're a lot cheaper on there and they tend to have lots of fab discontinued colours as well. I have been after a colour that I saw at Christmas called Smitten With Mittens from the Holiday Wishes collection - it's a red shot through with gold glitter - but it was almost instantly discontinued and is now on E-Bay for £18 :eek:

Their official UK website, Lena White, currently has an amazing offer on though - the Indulgent Pamper collection. The saving is fantastic for everything you're getting including three full size nail laquers and other treatments.

http://www.lenawhite.co.uk/store/stocking-fillers/indulgent-pamper-collection-2