Options

will the xfactor ever Allow children to enter.

Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
Forum Member
✭✭
If they had a younger catogery, like 10 to 15. Or would that be illigal. They had 14 year olds on a couple of years ago.

Comments

• Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    It's not illegal, but ten year olds can't sing for shit and would be hella boring to watch.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt it. There are to many regulations for children working in entertainment plus the fall out later for rejects could be awful leaving X FActor with some hardy lawsuits.
  • Options
    chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    If they had a younger catogery, like 10 to 15. Or would that be illigal. They had 14 year olds on a couple of years ago.

It will never happen, I'm sure some society complained about when 14 year olds entered so it reverted back to 16 or over.
  • Options
    Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Shiverz was supposed to be the pioneer of this.

We all know what happened there...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not illegal, but ten year olds can't sing for shit and would be hella boring to watch.

Some of them can sing better than some of the people on at the moment actualy.
  • Options
    tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might as well. Gamu did more crying in front of the judges than any ten year old would have done.
  • Options
    Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    no they won't thanks to Emily "Lady Shiverz" Nakanda and her stupid antics!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member

Yes. And it was a disaster.

Two made it further in the contest than the rest. One of whom was Shiverz, and the other was a lad who couldn't stop crying after every performance.

It was clear from that point that X-factor is too much pressure to soon for the youngsters, and the age experiment is unlikely to be repeated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some of them can sing better than some of the people on at the moment actualy.

Really? Whenever I have heard a child sing they never connect to the song. Fair enough they can belt I Will Always Love You but they have no idea what they are singing. Actually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, can you imagine Connie Talbot on the X Factor?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. And it was a disaster.

Two made it further in the contest than the rest. One of whom was Shiverz, and the other was a lad who couldn't stop crying after every performance.

It was clear from that point that X-factor is too much pressure to soon for the youngsters, and the age experiment is unlikely to be repeated.

I guess so. Turned out Emily was violent. They had no choice but to get her out. She was so igorant of the fact that that kind of behaviour could ruin her. once the whole of britain found out about it.

They could have chosen some stable youngsters, not all of them are crazy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? Whenever I have heard a child sing they never connect to the song. Fair enough they can belt I Will Always Love You but they have no idea what they are singing. Actually.

Actualy, neither do many 16 year olds to 30 year olds have any idea what they are singing about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    I guess so. Turned out Emily was violent. They had no choice but to get her out. She was so igorant of the fact that that kind of behaviour could ruin her. once the whole of britain found out about it.

They could have chosen some stable youngsters, not all of them are crazy.

Personally I thought Emily's fight videos represented her best performances, because she certainly couldn't sing.

Simon was the only person in Britain who rated her, presumably thinking she had singing potential. I hope it was because of perceived singing ability that's for sure! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actualy, neither do many 16 year olds to 30 year olds have any idea what they are singing about.

Of course a 30 year old does?

You cannot compare a child to a 30 year old.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't the age limit brought back up again after Series 4?

After the epic failure of Lady Shiverz I guess they wanted to sweep it all under the rug?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I thought Emily's fight videos represented her best performances, because she certainly couldn't sing.

Simon was the only person in Britain who rated her, presumably thinking she had singing potential. I hope it was because of perceived singing ability that's for sure! :D

She was truly average at best. probably in jail now. or a young offenders.
  • Options
    suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may get stick, but when I shot this many of the audience has tears in their eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqrcESNhDKY
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course a 30 year old does?

You cannot compare a child to a 30 year old.

some 30 year olds. With the average age of maturity getting lower, some children have experienced more than many people over the age of 20. Also how can you know what someone understands at any age. Some kids can put more emotion into a performence than most adults. You just don't know.

I think it would be a bad a idea to allow under 16's to enter becuase of the pressure. But not becuase anyone under that age has no chance of giving an emotional performence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    some 30 year olds. With the average age of maturity getting lower, some children have experienced more than many people over the age of 20. Also how can you know what someone understands at any age. Some kids can put more emotion into a performence than most adults. You just don't know.

I think it would be a bad a idea to allow under 16's to enter becuase of the pressure. But not becuase anyone under that age has no chance of giving an emotional performence.

Well a Ten Year old would never be anything more than a novelty.
  • Options
    jodiemg :)jodiemg :) Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what actually happened with 'lady shiverz' i cant remember at all ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well a Ten Year old would never be anything more than a novelty.

Why?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    suniil wrote: »
    I may get stick, but when I shot this many of the audience has tears in their eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqrcESNhDKY

That was really good. and that was without fancy sound equiptment aswell..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jodiemg :) wrote: »
    what actually happened with 'lady shiverz' i cant remember at all ?

She attacked someone and then it was filmed and spread all over the web. Next week she was gone. They had to make her leave the xfactor.
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0_Ib4Rg0Tk Like this you mean:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why?:confused:

Because how many ten year olds sustain strong careers?
    They'd be a cheap novelty. And they'd be dull. Connie whatshername can't sing, really, without that shaky vibrao thing. My opinion.