Nadine Coyle's unusual accent

floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
Forum Member
http://www.itv.com/daybreak/entertainment/music/nadinecoyle/

Sort of American Irish.

:D

It makes me laugh. I think she was born in Dublin, Los Angeles. :p Listen at 1 min 52 seconds when she says "living on a prayer, that classic song." What accent is that? :D

Comments

• elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People pick up accents when they live in a different country. LOLZ!!!111
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She lives in America now and that;s obviously reflected in her accent.
  • sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    haha she's had an irishmerican accent for ages, where have you been?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    It is awful though.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,192
    Forum Member
    It is pretty irritating I tried to watch her on the Stephen Gately memorial thing and had her on mute
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nats18 wrote: »
    It is pretty irritating I tried to watch her on the Stephen Gately memorial thing and had her on mute

Well to be honest I'd say if you're superficial to the point of having to mute people's natural speaking voices, that says more about you than her.
  • toogoodfortvtoogoodfortv Posts: 6,536
    Forum Member
    LOL.... I'm from Northern Ireland....and work with a few ones from Derry - no joke, they do sound very similar to her..... very broad Derry - her accent doesn't sound that different from Derry ones I know.... Sometimes I can't understand them lol...even though I'm from this country... but the Derry accent does sound a bit american at times... without living in america..
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well i have always found the irish accent similar to some american accents, to me she sounds like all or most of the irish people i know and have met. i have always found the irish accent to be half scottish and half american lol. i love the irish acccent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness there are some normal people on this thread. I thought there'd be a load more posts slamming her for putting on an accent pretending to be transatlantic, as if someone could keep it up. It's clearly a natural hybrid of strong accents and she can't help it.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    People pick up accents when they live in a different country. LOLZ!!!111

True. I'm quite sure it is her normal accent now. However, I'm from Northern Ireland, and I have always found her accent quite annoying.
  • Presto ShinkoPresto Shinko Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Gran is from Belfast but has lived in Scotland for the past 50 years (she's 87) but still sounds as Irish now as I ever remember.

Funniest things was learning the story of the tree burs which I later found out were the three bears.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know she lives in the States now but she seemed to pick upon the accent very quickly which I find very strange. Hasn't she only lived there for a couple of years.? I know an American who lives not far from me and has lived here for around 12 years and their American accent is still as strong as any other American I have heard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Never mind Nadine, what about Sarah... she's Manchester born and bred yet within a year of being in GA she totally changed the way she spoke and started talking in a full on southern accent!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know she lives in the States now but she seemed to pick upon the accent very quickly which I find very strange. Hasn't she only lived there for a couple of years.? I know an American who lives not far from me and has lived here for around 12 years and their American accent is still as strong as any other American I have heard.
    It depends on age when you moved, plus we're all different. When I did Camp America, within about a month, one of the guys was noticeably pronouncing "ball" in an American way. He was confused when I pointed it out! Yet an elderly family member lived in England most of her adult life, yet retained a very strong French accent.

My sister returned to England with an Australian twang (only a twang) after a year and a half there. Who knows how strong it would have become after a further year and a half?
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes to you the American sounds strong but I wonder if they went back home would everyone there think it was strong or would they think they sounded a bit English. It's a bit like me being from Northern Ireland and not being able to tell one English accent from the other unless it's a really broad one, if your not used to listening to all the different variations then it can be hard to tell the difference if someone starts talking with a slight twang
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anway its horrible i hate her voice.
  • speigelspeigel Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheddy99 wrote: »
    haha she's had an irishmerican accent for ages, where have you been?

so why doesn't Cheryl cole have a southern accent? just a thought!
  • jodiemg :)jodiemg :) Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never mind Nadine, what about Sarah... she's Manchester born and bred yet within a year of being in GA she totally changed the way she spoke and started talking in a full on southern accent!!!

Sarah moved from london when she was 14 to stockport, so thats probably why she doesnt have a really strong accent.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    speigel wrote: »
    so why doesn't Cheryl cole have a southern accent?...
    Flipping 'eck - the woman is viral!
  • ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her accent is a real mix probably due to the fact that she hasnt lived in N.I. for years and years. It really is rather unique.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christ she comes from Derry, which has one of the strongest Irish accents you will come across. Once you hear it you immediately know where they are from.

And christ almighty, lol @ folk saying she lives in America. Even before that she was living there for 2 weeks and came back over with this entirely new accent. She is as false as they come. Like the lot of 'em. Think they are better than their own birthplace. So insecure she has to pretend she is in some what American. Get a grip.

People go on Holidays to America for longer than 2 weeks, do they come back with an accent? Do people going on holiday in Spain for 2 weeks come back with a hint of Spanish?

Catch yourself on if you believe it is a natural accent. Lol.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as predicted in this thread when most people posted pro Nadine because she was not Cheryl

http://www.digitalspy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1377819
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody gives a rats arse about Nadine Vs f@cking Cheryl. She has a weird ass accent that is it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's just me but when I watch vids of Girls Aloud in their first year before any of them went anywhere near LA her accent sounds the same to me. It was always a very broad NI accent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but when I watch vids of Girls Aloud in their first year before any of them went anywhere near LA her accent sounds the same to me. It was always a very broad NI accent.

It's more of a broad Derry accent. There are different regional accents within N. Ireland. I don't sound a bit like Nadine as I come from the North East Coast, whereas she's from the North West region. I have to say it's an accent I really find hard to listen to. :o:D