Options

Dana Delany Appreiciation Thread.......

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
Forum Member
This is a thread for the very lovley Dana Delany known for her role as Katherine on Desperate Housewives, as well as Coleen Murphy on China Beach, and now her newest role as Dr. Megan Hunt, in her own TV series - Body Of Proof..................

Share your thoughts, best moments of Dana in acting, In Housewives as Katherine, and of course Dana's calm, cool nature and fun loving way of life......... Enjoy!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    Is she going to be in the next series of DH?
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has always amused me how she looks more attractive than most of her DH co-stars, despite her being almost ten years older than some of them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unfortunatley not, as her new show Body of Proof has been picked up, but she may return if it doesn't work out, and Marc Cherry says that if her new show does work out, she can still come back before the shows end to wrap things up for her character, she'll be missed in season 7 though :)
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    China Beach was a great show in the early days of Sky with a cast including many who went on to become better known - not just Dana.

Robert Picardo, Rikki Lake, Conceta Tomei, Marg Helgenberger.

Why has it not been shown again as many will have missed it and I dont think it was ever on terrestrial TV?
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunatley not, as her new show Body of Proof has been picked up, but she may return if it doesn't work out, and Marc Cherry says that if her new show does work out, she can still come back before the shows end to wrap things up for her character, she'll be missed in season 7 though :)

Seen the trailer for this. Looks good in a Crossing Jordan style.

Any news on a UK pick up?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member

Even though she had the mental illness story, I'm not surprised she has left as she was very underused in the latest series and I nearly forgot about her being in it at times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seen the trailer for this. Looks good in a Crossing Jordan style.

Any news on a UK pick up?

Well i havent heard anything about that, but i'm sure you'll be able to watch on internet :)
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember her being hot in China Beach. Both it and Tour of Duty could do with another showing.
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    China Beach was a great show in the early days of Sky with a cast including many who went on to become better known - not just Dana.

Robert Picardo, Rikki Lake, Conceta Tomei, Marg Helgenberger.

Why has it not been shown again as many will have missed it and I dont think it was ever on terrestrial TV?

It's because of the music rights apparently: too complex and so too expensive to sort out. That doesn't mean it's not around (I speak as the proud owner of the complete series obtained by "other means").
    DD also has a good singing voice: in one episode of China Beach she sings "Far Away from Home" brilliantly.
    It's odd she isn't a massive star, unless she's as annoying as McMurphy in real life.:)
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I loved Dana as Katherine. She was brilliant in season 6 and in my opinion regardless if she won, she deserved an emmy nom as she really showed a mix of her acting skills from having a breakdown to discovering her sexuality.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »

She still is and your link doesn't work.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Link works.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope - it doesnt work. did you log in or have auto login set up to get you access to the site as it seems to be protected from unauthorisecd access?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gone now. Was working. Here it is on another site.

http://gallery.celebritypro.com/data/media/319/dana-delany-65.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha now I get this
    Tsk, tsk, tsk...
    You're not allowed there on CelebrityPro.com

If you were on another website when you clicked on a link to arrive here, it's probably because that website was displaying our celebrity pictures without permission. To find the celebrity image you were looking for, just follow the links below to find the appropriate section of CelebrityPro.com.
    If you're not re-directed automatically, Click here
    or browse other sections of our celebrity network:

not having much luck here
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    haha now I get this

not having much luck here

Still works for me as of the time of this post. Are you using a browser from the 1970s?! :D

That warning you quoted is amusing as that pic is scanned in from a magazine spread (FHM, Maxim or one of those types). "Our" celebrity pictures they say....In what sense are they theirs?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still works for me as of the time of this post. Are you using a browser from the 1970s?! :D

Still no joy.:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supratad wrote: »

Not working.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here ’tis on a third site...

http://www.autographsuccess.com/dana_delany2.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    After all that, I was expecting something a thousand pixels wide, at the very least :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two9A wrote: »
    After all that, I was expecting something a thousand pixels wide, at the very least :D

First two links are large scans.

Delany fans should check out "Exit to Eden" for more raunch, taking care of course to shield your eyes from the sight of a bondage-clad Rosie O’Donnell, lest your eyeballs melt out of their sockets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First two links are large scans.

Delany fans should check out "Exit to Eden" for more raunch, taking care of course to shield your eyes from the sight of a bondage-clad Rosie O’Donnell, lest your eyeballs melt out of their sockets.

DD is the only reason to watch the load of pony that is "Exit to Eden".:)
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will be missed in the next season. Her leaving was done very hastily and I didn't like how one minute she was straight and the next she was inlove and just uprooted her entire life for this ex stripper!! It all happened too fast for my liking.

Hope to see her in it again someday though