Options

Adele tops Richest Young Singer Under 30

2»

Comments

• Options
    gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele played theatres and small venues though - which was her choice. she could easily have sold out The O2 for a month.

she also sold tickets at cheap prices, and had a huge band.

whereas someone like GaGa toured for 2 years solid, in arenas, charging up for £80 a ticket, selling cheap-quality merchandise at high prices. her new tour she is doing stadiums and has ticket packages so you're paying around £200 just to be allowed to enter the venue an hour before everyone else.

the point being ... yes Adele did tour, but not to the extent she'd have made millions from it.

For the amount of airplay alone she's had worldwide, Adele will have earned a few million from her two albums, add another 18 million+ for writing credits and album sales. By this time next year she can add another 5 million to her total.
    Leona is there on passed glories and has been stuck on 12 million for a few years now, mainly due to the success of Spirit.
    Poor Craig David's wealth has also been the same since 2002 when his worldwide debut album, "Born To Do It" amassed 13million sales.
    Will Young would be second on that list if he wasn't passed 30, he's on 13 million+ now and still selling albums and touring.
    James Morrison is also selling and touring for his fans.
    James Blunt would also be near the top of the list if he was under 30 as he's still selling and touring, you have to keep going in the UK and be available to your fans to keep them on board, something Leona Lewis, Craig David and Natasha Bedingfield didn't do, they shot off to America far too soon in my opinion.
    Adele doesn't have that problem yet, because she's hardly done a tour full stop lol! mainly down to her throat issues, plus she's also getting the airplay equivalent to 5 singers worth, for now anyway........
    I'm sure she'll be filling arenas worldwide soon though.
    I expect to see One Direction and Olly Murs on that list next year too.
    By the way, doing massive worldwide tours in stadiums doesn't always equate to massive earnings, the cost in staging them with all that goes with it etc, some are lucky to break even, more money is earned from merchandise than ticket sales.
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Yes, imo she will have surpassed Harry Potter in a year or so. I have a feeling his huge earning days are very much behind him. I still can't believe he's worth £54 million, though :eek:
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazes me how much singers can earn, when they don't even write their own stuff.

By the way, how the hell is Craig David still up there, what has he done over the past few years?
  • Options
    gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Amazes me how much singers can earn, when they don't even write their own stuff.

By the way, how the hell is Craig David still up there, what has he done over the past few years?

Read post #27.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getty wrote: »
    Read post #27.

Thanks! He obviously hasn't spent any of it since 2002 then. :D
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Yes, imo she will have surpassed Harry Potter in a year or so. I have a feeling his huge earning days are very much behind him. I still can't believe he's worth £54 million, though :eek:

IKR? So damn wooden :p He got an extra £27m for being the films' poster boy compared to Emma and Rupert. Who IMO were better actors.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glengavel wrote: »
    Why the sad face?

She's made more money in a year than most people will earn in a lifetime. And instead of being grateful for it, all the miserable lump can do is whine about tax.

I think her tax whine showed her general ignorance on real world things and resulted in people feeling a lot of resentment towards her, comments like that stick for life and dont get forgotten. But she has the habit or saying and doing things that are not clever.
    But guess she loved osbornes millionares tax budget enabling people like her to keep even more of their money at the expense of pensioners.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    IKR? So damn wooden :p He got an extra £27m for being the films' poster boy compared to Emma and Rupert. Who IMO were better actors.

All three of them are not good actors.

Emma Roberts was bloody awful in My Week with Marilyn

It's her look that will get her parts from now on, not her acting ability.