Dev crying

Comments

• tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevon1 wrote: »
    I think Jimmi H. is sometimes effective, but others he comes across very awkwardly on the screen. However, he's not the only inconsistent actor on the show.

I would agree with you. I find his comedic acting better than his dramatic.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I don't know, really if it was that overacted. I like the character Dev (most of the time) and I suppose that was how I pictured Dev crying, if you get me, its a display of indescribable grief I suppose.

I did not like the funeral service bit much, I felt the Steve's button popping moment, was a bit..meh..I actually felt more for the Sunita character...not a good send off, and I can't believe the aunties never turned up, good grief, they loved the kids and Dev :(
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was awful, crying consisted of 'sniff sniff sniff, ugh', I not a fan of Dev or his acting but he did have tears in his eyes when he cried some just scrunch up their face and wipe away invisible tears.
  • popamberpopamber Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    I thought he acted really well , the last few episodes.

Seconded
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor as it may have been it was nowhere near as bad as Deirdre's 'crying' at Tracey's hospital bedside last year. To this day that has to be the worst, most disgraceful display of acting I've seen in God knows how long. Scandalously bad acting.
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,592
    Forum Member
    The actor who plays him thinks he's Marlon Brando. Sadly, he's not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not watch Corrie consistently, but am currently hooked ever since the fire. I find Dev's crying to be soo irritating but at the same time, unbelievably funny!!

Why does he sniff so much!? :D:D HILARIOUS.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I was laughing nearly as much as Dev was when the Doc told him Sunita was seriously ill.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    The actor who plays him thinks he's Marlon Brando. Sadly, he's not.

How do we know he thinks he's Marlon Brando?

I agree though that Dierdre's crying is infamously bad. That scene at Tracy bedside was hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That 'crying' was absolutely awful. Sniff, sniff, sniff.
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he has done well in this storyline, Jimmi is an underrated actor in this show. At least he can cry better and show real tears and play a broken man. Perhaps the likes of (and this will be unpopular) Rita should take a leaf out his book, or some of the others, who are not really that good when playing emotions but get praised for simply being in it many years.

Plus I must be in the minority who doesn't find his sniffing "hilarious". People cry in different ways.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    A lot and really dont care what you think of me. I have been reading these forums for the last 4 months and I have not seen one positive post about non-white actors. And do not respond to my post because I've had enough of ignorant posters. For the last few days I have been bullied on the soaps forum for passing an opinion. TBH I've just realised the soap forum is becoming like the BNP forum.:mad::(:mad:

Do not respond. I am not in the mood for silliness.

I am sorry that it has to be me but someone has to set you straight, you can't put an opinion across and then refuse to let people have their say... So here is what I think.

Dev may not get a lot of praise on here, but that is NOT because he is a 'non-white' actor. Kirsty Soames isn't 'white' is she? Over on EastEnders the Masoods gained a lot of praise... They are not 'white'... Denise and Patrick over on EastEnders aren't 'white' and they are popular too. Just because peoples opinions are different from yours doesn't make them racist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I think Dev can sometimes pull off a decent performance and I agree that people do cry in different ways but his crying last night did make me giggle... Even though there is nothing funny about Dev's situation..

ALSO, its not only Dev that makes me laugh sometimes... So no one call me racist please -_-
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well :cool: For the first time he 'got' me. I can't believe people are saying 'does anyone cry like that'. Of course they do, in fact it was one of the more realistic crying scenes I've seen on the TV - especially when he totally lost it and fell to his knees.. :(
    I've certainly cried like that..maybe people on here are lucky enough never to have been emotionally devastated.;)
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot and really dont care what you think of me. I have been reading these forums for the last 4 months and I have not seen one positive post about non-white actors. And do not respond to my post because I've had enough of ignorant posters. For the last few days I have been bullied on the soaps forum for passing an opinion. TBH I've just realised the soap forum is becoming like the BNP forum.:mad::(:mad:

This, thumbs up :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he has done well in this storyline, Jimmi is an underrated actor in this show. At least he can cry better and show real tears and play a broken man. Perhaps the likes of (and this will be unpopular) Rita should take a leaf out his book, or some of the others, who are not really that good when playing emotions but get praised for simply being in it many years.

Plus I must be in the minority who doesn't find his sniffing "hilarious". People cry in different ways.

this perfectly put !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you guys tape your real crying when something bad happens to you and youtube it for us to see, what a rediculous thread.
  • LostindexLostindex Posts: 2,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's supposed to be sad but my daughter and I just couldn't stop laughing at Dev crying and acting it was so funny. Honestly the guy couldn't act to save his life!!!
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Like the ASDA & ALDI thread you hijacked shouting racist with that other rancid poster who has seeped in to here.... Just, eurgh!

The only racist round here is YOU. You're the one bringing their race up and singling them out for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    He cries like me. I sniff when I cry. After watching it on TV, I've come to the decision that I will never cry again. No more The Notebook for me. Not that I really like the film. It just made me cry a lot :(
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's not forget some of these posters think Phil Mitchell AKA Steve McFadden is worthy of a BAFTA :D
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh booho! Get a grip of yourself and get some perspective. The only person mentioning race is you and that says more about you and YOUR issues than anybody on this forum. Hate when people use race in this way, it's trashy and disgusting.
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB: If you're not in the mood for silliness, why are you posting silly things like this? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    I know it's not meant to be funny but Dev has had my household cracking up tonight. Does anyone actually cry like that?:D:o

I was laughing too. :D
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soullover wrote: »
    Well :cool: For the first time he 'got' me. I can't believe people are saying 'does anyone cry like that'. Of course they do, in fact it was one of the more realistic crying scenes I've seen on the TV - especially when he totally lost it and fell to his knees.. :(
    I've certainly cried like that..maybe people on here are lucky enough never to have been emotionally devastated.;)

Well said, soullover. :cool:

Too many on here have watched too many progs like Dallas and Desperate Housewives etc, where everybody cries 'perfectly', with tearstick tears gliding gracefully down their faces, (which miraculously doesn't cause streaks in their perfect make-up between takes). Have these peeps never cried tears of grief? Have they not experienced the body-shaking, snot-ridden sobs that normal peeps have? Apparently not, if 'sniffing' is unrealistic to them. :confused:

For me, Dev's crying was heartfelt and totally believable, and unlike most progs, his obvious emotion brought a tear to my eye too.