Fetch TV

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone is interested, I am selling my previous Fetch TV Box as I have upgraded to a HD one. It's on eBay for £100 or best offer.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250765000390&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

cheeky sod:D touting you're wares!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    cdsmith15 wrote: »
    I have just moved to Fetch TV from Top Up TV. I certainly have no complaints about Fetch. When I received the box it would not connect to the WIFI, but their Customer Service (by email) was quick, helpful and actually solved the problem.

My only complaint, although used to it now, is that the remote controller is incredibly laggy.

Be interested to see how you get on over time. I started out being really happy with the box, but as the problems started to come out my view changed. Maybe I've just got a dodgy box (although this is a replacement for my first which had similar symptoms). Anyway, box goes back to fetchtv tonight.......
  • cdsmith15cdsmith15 Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    5 weeks and everything is still rosy in the garden of FetchTV. If anything does start to go wrong, I'll flag it and see if it's the same common problems everyone else seems to encounter over time.
    Forum Member
    5 weeks and everything is still rosy in the garden of FetchTV. If anything does start to go wrong, I'll flag it and see if it's the same common problems everyone else seems to encounter over time.

So anything so far?

I'm still having problems with my Smartbox 8000. Just had it returned from Fetchtv - say they found nothing wrong with it. However, still reguarly resets. Piece of crap.
    Forum Member
    I'm having no problems with mine. There was a software update recently that fixed the series link amongst other things.

I've got the 8320HD box. Might be more reliable than 8000 box. Certainly by the looks of the comments on here. It looks like I am the exception rather than the rule?!
    Forum Member
    It's started! Almost 5 months in and all it does is 'sleep' or restart!
    Forum Member
    It's started! Almost 5 months in and all it does is 'sleep' or restart!

Sorry to hear that, but not surprised. Lesson to all -avoid fetchtv smartboxes!
    Forum Member
    I have to give credit where it's due. Their support did reply within 15 minutes and the box is now working properly again!

Not sure if it's stable enough for me to recommend to other folk but I thought that worth a mention.
  • galleonslapgalleonslap Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    I bought one of the first single-tuner Fetch boxes a couple of years or so ago. I got it from ebay for £25, before anyone knew what it was! It's still working, and has had many over-internet firmware upgrades. It was extremely buggy to start with but has improved with the latest updates, although it still has its moments! I primarily use a Freesat Humax HDR, and use the Fetch box as a Freeview secondary backup. I like the media player feature, and have used BBC i-player a few times, as well as normal Freeview channels. I have paid to watch a couple of movies too. More recently I have used it to play stuff recorded on the HDR over the network, thanks to raydon's media server mod. Pictures are excellent, especially in HD for those HDR recorded progs which aren't encoded. It was a good £25 worth, but I would hate to rely on it as the only domestic recorder due to the random oddities that still happen from time to time! :rolleyes: