Options

DS Fantasy Eurovision 57: An Almaty long way east

Comments

• Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CAF wrote: »
    do you have to find a partner first - or do I have to commit to avb first with my five choices?

Maybe I didn't explain very well in my message on GB :blush: your good country no one knows about so you need to om avb with your 5 choives for your first country and the second country is where you get teamed with someone but you cannot let your 'partner' what your first country is! I am sure avb will explain all to you! :)
  • Options
    CAFCAF Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    pm sent...
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avb, just want to ask a quick question as it is something which came up a few contests ago.

Do we need to wait for you to have PM'd everyone tonight with their country before sending in songs or can we do it as soon as we get our PM. Just want to know in case I get my main choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot to add that you don't 'need' to have a partner first etc as avb will assign you one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    @yoshi,

you can delete messages out of your message boxes on GB?

;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I didn't explain very well in my message on GB :blush: your good country no one knows about so you need to om avb with your 5 choives for your first country and the second country is where you get teamed with someone but you cannot let your 'partner' what your first country is! I am sure avb will explain all to you! :)

Second and third country actually, as we are going to be sharing two countries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pm sent...

Yay am pleased you are in again! Maybe we can persuade the other Eurovision fans on GB to join?
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    CAF - done :) Beth - I don't know who else there is, Rols obvs, daveypodmore's into it, he's going to Austria next May so he might be interested.
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd sign up but only if I could work with the lovely BethnalGreen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yoshi94 wrote: »
    CAF - done :) Beth - I don't know who else there is, Rols obvs, daveypodmore's into it, he's going to Austria next May so he might be interested.

Lee has an account here already and I have appealed to him, but from what I remember I got a strange response from him - I keep meaning to pm him but keep getting distracted (probably why he hasn't come back lol :blush:). Maybe if I speak to him personally etc (might be the issue) he might come back as he was a member on here for eurovision before me under the name mallaka :)
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    TerryP wrote: »
    avb, just want to ask a quick question as it is something which came up a few contests ago.

Do we need to wait for you to have PM'd everyone tonight with their country before sending in songs or can we do it as soon as we get our PM. Just want to know in case I get my main choice.

You can PM me immediately if you want. I will be handing out tonight's countries in completely random order.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »

I don't think Almaty can afford the firework bill that would produce! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »

lol - sorry hun you are too late! I am already taken! :(:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avb wrote: »
    I don't think Almaty can afford the firework bill that would produce! :D

lol he would call me ''babes' and I would internet slap him within 2 seconds - so not a good idea! However, I would say if this was drawn out of a hat I would have worked with him no problem! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lee has an account here already and I have appealed to him, but from what I remember I got a strange response from him - I keep meaning to pm him but keep getting distracted (probably why he hasn't come back lol :blush:). Maybe if I speak to him personally etc (might be the issue) he might come back as he was a member on here for eurovision before me under the name mallaka :)

Lee is not interested in joining - and he is very busy at the moment...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok the 9pm deadline has now passed so I will now start finalising everyone's 'good' countries, bear with me a few minutes and I'll be ready to start sending them out.

Unfortunately I do need to clarify something at this point and that is one of our sign-ups will not be allocated a country at this stage. I asked for clarification this morning on Sanni Svenn before the contest got underway to avoid any potential issues later down the line, and it seems since then he is now inactive. I don't have anything other than assumptions about what that means but while he's inactive I won't be allocating him any countries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lee is not interested in joining - and he is very busy at the moment...

that is okay but perhaps I still need to pm him so he does not feel left out?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok the 9pm deadline has now passed so I will now start finalising everyone's 'good' countries, bear with me a few minutes and I'll be ready to start sending them out.

Unfortunately I do need to clarify something at this point and that is one of our sign-ups will not be allocated a country at this stage. I asked for clarification this morning on Sanni Svenn before the contest got underway to avoid any potential issues later down the line, and it seems since then he is now inactive. I don't have anything other than assumptions about what that means but while he's inactive I won't be allocating him any countries.

Does that mean that their account is inactive or that they have not answered you? Perhaps given what has happened recently we should all check the account of players to make sure they are all 'active' - by that I mean if Sanni Sven is marked inactive - doublecheck others (even if they have recently answered you) that they are all 'active'?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It means they've been banned I think - Euan???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yoshi94 wrote: »
    It means they've been banned I think - Euan???

that was my first thought - but then I thought that maybe before a banning with another account they signed up and put their choices in? I could be reaching here and it is simpler than that? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does that mean that their account is inactive or that they have not answered you? Perhaps given what has happened recently we should all check the account of players to make sure they are all 'active' - by that I mean if Sanni Sven is marked inactive - doublecheck others (even if they have recently answered you) that they are all 'active'?

The account is now inactive, the last PM I got from Sanni was very early this morning. All other accounts of our players seem to be active as far as I can see, unless anyone spots anything different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are we teamed up then CAF?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can now start handing out your first countries, I think I will make the deadline for song selection Tuesday at 8pm to give people plenty of time.

Just a reminder that you must not divulge the country you receive tonight to anyone, not even your partner for this contest. If anyone tells you what their first country is, let me know and I will disqualify that country.

Each player will receive two more countries tomorrow night, as explained earlier in the thread.
  • Options
    Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    Hi avb if you've allocated the countries, please send me my country as soon as possible :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can now start handing out your first countries, I think I will make the deadline for song selection Tuesday at 8pm to give people plenty of time.

Just a reminder that you must not divulge the country you receive tonight to anyone, not even your partner for this contest. If anyone tells you what their first country is, let me know and I will disqualify that country.

Each player will receive two more countries tomorrow night, as explained earlier in the thread.

Oooh harsh asking us to grass on each other. They should get you in charge of Eurovision. :D