Options

Grimm Season 1 (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellie1997 wrote: »
    I really am enjoying this, the eye candy of David Guintoli helps of course, but I love the relationship between Nick and Monroe, their scenes together are more often amusing and Monroe is such a great character in general. Slightly odd that he's a wolf played by Silas WEIR Mitchell though lol

I'm now caught up with the US so looking forward to watching tonights episode tomorrow. Was anyone else screaming "Thats a Deadmau5 rip off!!" at the TV when DJ kitty was on?

I think the guy who plays the lead looks a bit like the actor who played Liam in Coronation Street. Thought it was him at first glance. :p
  • Options
    DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 2 seems almost guaranteed now!

It's one of nbc's top shows..
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always good to see Amy Acker in something :)

Seemed another abrupt ending, though (although not as unfinished as the one with two guys who kidnapped that hiker and tied him up in their basement).

Also... just how will they make a case against the spider lady? They have a print from a finger which (as far as anyone knows) can't possibly be hers, and they have a method of killing they can't explain.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Also... just how will they make a case against the spider lady? They have a print from a finger which (as far as anyone knows) can't possibly be hers, and they have a method of killing they can't explain.

She'll probably die in jail before it comes to trial, of course people will be wondering why she aged so quickly.

I'm guessing Renard might have her "disappear" to avoid too many questions but this might make Nick suspicious of him.

Whatever happens hopefully something is mentioned in a future episode and not just forgotten about.
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Always good to see Amy Acker in something :)

Seemed another abrupt ending, though (although not as unfinished as the one with two guys who kidnapped that hiker and tied him up in their basement).

Indeed!

That's what my g.f. was wondering and that applies to a lot the cases that have happened in the show; how exactly does no one else not notice or pursue the weirdness that's going on in the cases.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who on earth is Amy Acker?

top notch episode btw
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Densino wrote: »
    Who on earth is Amy Acker?

top notch episode btw

The monster of the week in this episode and one of the main cast members in the Joss Whedon/David Greenwalt series "Angel"; she's also appeared in "Alias".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still finding this a little too simple, would like more darkness and a more adult orientated show. A real horror version. :).

I agree with this.
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I only continue to watch it because my other half loves it.

Supernatural does this type of thing far better & even when it was shit its still better than Grimm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only continue to watch it because my other half loves it.

Supernatural does this type of thing far better & even when it was shit its still better than Grimm
    I disagree......Grimm is miles better then the current season of Supernatural. And Season 6 for that matter.

Supernatural is past its sell by date!

"Last Grimm Standing" was a solid episode. Looking forward to tonights episode! :)
  • Options
    The quizmasterThe quizmaster Posts: 93,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Grimm. Fantasy and crime TV at its best :)
  • Options
    mbessexmbessex Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Grimm is one of the best US shows to come to air for a while I tried so many shows in he last couple of years and got lost or bored after a couple of episodes, Loved the three of this i've seen so far.
  • Options
    emily222emily222 Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first episode was brilliant, set the tone, the background to the series. Each episode has been a delight to watch, its quite a unique series IMO. The leading bloke in it is particularly charming to watch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's enjoyable but it's not a must watch for me. I think the biggest problem is that there's no actual development of him as a Grimm. I'm not even sure what that really means other than that he can see the 'others'. He pretty much plays a cop after the bad guys who just happen to be supernaturals.

What this means is that each episode is pretty much stand alone. I'm struggling to find a story arc that will keep me tuning in to see what happens.
  • Options
    emily222emily222 Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murky Past wrote: »
    It's enjoyable but it's not a must watch for me. I think the biggest problem is that there's no actual development of him as a Grimm. I'm not even sure what that really means other than that he can see the 'others'. He pretty much plays a cop after the bad guys who just happen to be supernaturals.

What this means is that each episode is pretty much stand alone. I'm struggling to find a story arc that will keep me tuning in to see what happens.

funny you should say that, i was thinking today i bet he turns out to be the biggest and baddest of them all, in a good way i mean

:D
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm personally enjoying this series. There is a story arc, not sure what other future arcs could be though. It's one of the best shows on at the minute bar supernatural.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it. For me, it's not brilliant but it's still enjoyable.

I think I would prefer it to have bit more of a story arc and maybe a bit more character development in it but overall, it's ok.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its definitely improving ...the last few episodes have been very strong...
  • Options
    tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    The story arc seems to be around Nick's boss and his motives.
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Sticking with it, but I am finding it a bit repetitive. And the CGI is awful.
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    Sticking with it, but I am finding it a bit repetitive. And the CGI is awful.

To be honest, CGI doesn't really bother me unless it is really is rubbish that it takes me away from the story, which the CGI in Grimm doesn't do. I've seen worse CGI on the new series of Doctor Who (Lazarus Experiment monster for example).

It does need a bit more character development, But the relationship between Nick and Juliette I guess will probably push this along a bit. It's the like the Spiderman thing of 'I can't be with you because it puts you in danger', but opposite, well at the minute anyway!
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up with this.

I wasn't sure to begin with. Seemed a bit lacking and nothing really to hook you.

BUT there was something that kept me watching. Couldn;t watch more than one episode every couple of days, but couldn't give up on it.

Then, the last couple of episodes it kinda got good. I mean real good. I realised two things. I'm hooked. And I'm just a little bit in love with silas weir mitchell.