Options

David Camerons EU Refferendum Promise - LIES

1TrueNorth1TrueNorth Posts: 4,001
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So if the tories are elected in the next election they'll deliver a refferendum on our membership of the EU ??? How exciting such a great day for the Europhobes. Except, He promised the exact same thing back in 2009..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1JReyGsdOA

Comments

• Options
    StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Threadcount++ eh?
  • Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see you have managed to start ano thread on it but not yet how to spell it.
  • Options
    wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1TrueNorth wrote: »
    So if the tories are elected in the next election they'll deliver a refferendum on our membership of the EU ??? How exciting such a great day for the Europhobes. Except, He promised the exact same thing back in 2009..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1JReyGsdOA

He didn't get a majority in 2010. If everyone had voted Conservative and there was a Conservative Government now, then you could make some sort of case. We have a coalition government and so it is a different ball game.
  • Options
    WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Labour sour grapes as they will be going down in the polls rapidly after this.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WhiteFang wrote: »
    Labour sour grapes as they will be going down in the polls rapidly after this.

Have you ditched UKip already? :p
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is so damn funny and a huge embarrassment, is the OP Denis Skinner or some relation to him:D
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps the mods will merge your two refferfendum threads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »

How many F in referendums do we need? None according to Ed Miliband.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »

I doubt is as they are different, one is about a refferfendum and the other about a refferrendum:D

We may of course yet Miliband' s version a milibandum
  • Options
    RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Desperation?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    I doubt is as they are different, one is about a refferfendum and the other about a refferrendum:D

Perhaps the OP is Ed Balls and his stutter has spread to his writing.
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    Desperation?

Who, David Cameron or the OP?
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    How many F in referendums do we need? None according to Ed Miliband.

More like how many f'in threads abour referendums do we need...
  • Options
    RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    Who, David Cameron or the OP?

OP.

Cameron took the nuclear option and its paying off. He's got the party united over the one issue that usually splits them. He's going to get huge public support. he's put down a dividing line that Ed Milliband immidiatly jumped on the wrong side off.
    He's got the opposition on the run and the labour faithful on here know this. Hence the feeble attempt to spread fear and weak attempts to smear cameron. Its pure desperation on their part.
  • Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wallster wrote: »
    He didn't get a majority in 2010. If everyone had voted Conservative and there was a Conservative Government now, then you could make some sort of case. We have a coalition government and so it is a different ball game.

So what happens if the tories don't get a majority this time but they remain the largest party? Will we still get a referendum?
  • Options
    MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    That is so damn funny and a huge embarrassment, is the OP Denis Skinner or some relation to him:D

I think the OP is too thick skinned to do embarrassment.
  • Options
    jjnejjne Posts: 6,580
    Forum Member
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    So what happens if the tories don't get a majority this time but they remain the largest party? Will we still get a referendum?

Probably not.

Perfect excuse for not holding one.

The problem for Cameron now is winning the next election -- if that happens, he's toast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »

That depends on whether parliament would vote for it and with Labour and the Lib Dems opposed to it then no. If the coalition and a similar clause on the transfer of powers is in place and the EU propose the transfer of such powers then in theory you would get a referendum.
  • Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wallster wrote: »

And if it's a Conservative inclusive coalition in 2015?

As I recall, Cameron got out of it in 2010 by saying Lisbon had been signed and there was no point in a referendum now it was a done deed; do you remember that.

You and one or two other Tory worshippers really must stop supporting this nonsense.
  • Options
    TimCypherTimCypher Posts: 9,052
    Forum Member
    Rafer wrote: »
    OP.

Cameron took the nuclear option and its paying off. He's got the party united over the one issue that usually splits them. He's going to get huge public support. he's put down a dividing line that Ed Milliband immidiatly jumped on the wrong side off.
    He's got the opposition on the run and the labour faithful on here know this. Hence the feeble attempt to spread fear and weak attempts to smear cameron. Its pure desperation on their part.

Hmmmmm, well there are certainly murmurings on the Labour backbenches expressing discontentment with Ed's 'impulse' reaction to the new Tory position on Europe. They think he's trapped them, as you say, on the wrong side of public opinion.

Of course, it all depends as to whether the European question is actually a vote-winner. Personally, I don't think EU membership is what keeps the public awake at night, but, then again, the last time Cameron positioned himself at odds with the EU with the veto incident, he lept ahead in the polls.

Voter response to all of this over the next few weeks will be interesting...

If it does work in his favour, and he can combine that with some wins in other areas folk care about - which is welfare and immigration - victory in a 2015 election may become a real possibility once again.

Regards,

Cypher
  • Options
    jjnejjne Posts: 6,580
    Forum Member
    TimCypher wrote: »
    Hmmmmm, well there are certainly murmurings on the Labour backbenches expressing discontentment with Ed's 'impulse' reaction to the new Tory position on Europe. They think he's trapped them, as you say, on the wrong side of public opinion.

If it does work in his favour, and he can combine that with some wins in other areas folk care about - which is welfare and immigration - victory in a 2015 election may become a real possibility once again.

Regards,

Cypher

There is an evil part of me that wants this to backfire and hand Cameron another term.

The resulting squirming and piggy-squealing will be most entertaining :D
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    rusty123 wrote: »
    More like how many f'in threads abour referendums do we need...

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How many threads does this subject need??

If i were a parent of yours id send you to bed and ban all access to the pc unless needed for homework assignments :D