Options

CS: The Narzirs - Panto acting at it's worst?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
Forum Member
I'm finding these characters so irritating, and almost panto like in the way they are acted. Poor attempts at comedy and unlikeable characters. For me, sometimes I will initially dislike a character, but after time they grow on me, or fade into the background a bit. This whole family actually makes me want to turn over, which is a shame :(

I'd go as far as to say THE worst addition to Corrie in recent years.

Rant over! :D

Comments

• Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Oh no it isn't?' :)
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I really like them and not that I see them as particularly panto, isn't panto the essence of Corrie.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They really are the most awful new additions to soap. Awful family, who are going absolutely nowhere! They have brought NOTHING to the show and they define deadwood.
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like them and not that I see them as particularly panto, isn't panto the essence of Corrie.

it never used to be!
  • Options
    Dan4Dan4 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie never get it right with new families do they?! Who were the last successful family? Has to be the Grimshaws. What's all the crap with the grandad and the chickens?! 🐓🐓🐓🐓 They must know their days are numbered. (The actors not the chickens) The only one that is watchable and likely to stay is the daughter. Don't know any of their names as they are literally that bad. 😴😴😴😴
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    it never used to be!

:confused: Since when. Like I said I thought it was the essence of Corrie. Anyway I like the Nazirs and see characters like Sean and the Vicar or Tyronne or Tracey even as far more panto them then.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful family who just don't fit in at all.

It doesn't help that they were built around Kal, easily the worst addition to the show in years.
  • Options
    Lisa_CharleneLisa_Charlene Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan4 wrote: »
    Corrie never get it right with new families do they?! Who were the last successful family? Has to be the Grimshaws. What's all the crap with the grandad and the chickens?! 🐓🐓🐓🐓 They must know their days are numbered. (The actors not the chickens) The only one that is watchable and likely to stay is the daughter. Don't know any of their names as they are literally that bad. 😴😴😴😴

I didn't mind the Price family but minus Eva they all left fairly quickly. The Nazirs are really awful and they ruin any characters connected to them when they have scenes with them e.g Leanne when with Kal, Roy when he speaks to Yasmeen and Sharif and the factory girls and Alya
  • Options
    dancerdaisydancerdaisy Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ave83it wrote: »
    I'm finding these characters so irritating, and almost panto like in the way they are acted. Poor attempts at comedy and unlikeable characters. For me, sometimes I will initially dislike a character, but after time they grow on me, or fade into the background a bit. This whole family actually makes me want to turn over, which is a shame :(

I'd go as far as to say THE worst addition to Corrie in recent years.

Rant over! :D

l agree with everything you say, l tried to like them and get interested in some of their storyline's but it is very difficult as l find them wooden and boring, and their acting seems to be forced especially the grandfather and the grandmother
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to like them. They need a DECENT storyline that doesn't involve chickens or electrics though.

I think Zeedan has a lot of potential......when we actually see him!
  • Options
    SlingYerHookSlingYerHook Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zeedan aside.

The whole family are painful to watch, none of them can act- I'm actually taking a shit as I write this, and I'm currently passing more talent than any of them have.

Remember that library sit in?.. FUÇKÍNG WOEFUL

Kill them off now.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    They are very badly written. The actors aren't the best but the writing makes them even worse. The chicken storyline is as bad as the Eastenders cold cuts and snake storylines.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    The best thing i can say about them is Alya's very pretty & the actress gives me the impression she wants to try & fit in!! As a poster above has said the supposed hub of the family, Kal is indescribably poor which set the whole thing up badly before the rest of them were even introduced!! The actress who plays Yasmeen gives the impression she's more used to performing onstage & just over exaggerates everything, whil Sharif is a bit of a nonentity!!
    That leaves us with smiley Zeedan, the most one dimensional character ever to grace the cobbles, with his ready charm & witty repartee... I could go on but I won't!! Of them all Alya might survive a change of production team but I will be surprised if any of the others do!!
  • Options
    Imogen_GaleontiImogen_Galeonti Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    They need to go! I don't like Kal and they're just pointless characters.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,962
    Forum Member
    Not keen on Kal, but the rest are ok. I agree with Trevor Tiger that Sean and the vicar, and many others, are more panto than the Nazirs. They need better writing, especially Zeedan who's hardly done a thing since arriving, but so do most of the characters right now!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Ghastly family.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like the Nazirs all but Kal I can't quite take to him...like another poster says they need to be given some decent S/L..
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who thought that so that we begin to like this family that revolving their storylines around allotments, chickens and community centres was a good idea?

The acting is also abysmal, from some of the actors in the family. I don't mind Alya, but all the rest of them really annoy me.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alaya is the only one of any interest to me.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't make any difference what s/l they were given, they can't act! Kal, and his parents especially, are shockingly bad. This lot could have the best, grittiest s/l, written by the best writers but would still be stilted, wooden and worse than the worst of school plays.

During the scene when they were all sitting around the dinner table last night, I had to FF as it was embarrassing to watch.

The casting of real and fake Gavin was excellent - 2 really good and believable actors - so it's a shame one of them isn't going to be around long term. Casting of Luke and Steph was pretty good too, Luke especially has fitted in very well.

The Nazirs though, just never going to work with such wooden actors.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    They really are the most awful new additions to soap. Awful family, who are going absolutely nowhere! They have brought NOTHING to the show and they define deadwood.

Stuart BLACKBURN is not listening though is he?
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it never used to be!

Since when? Corrie in the 70s was pure camp panto. That's what people loved about it.
  • Options
    Dan4Dan4 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mind the Price family but minus Eva they all left fairly quickly. The Nazirs are really awful and they ruin any characters connected to them when they have scenes with them e.g Leanne when with Kal, Roy when he speaks to Yasmeen and Sharif and the factory girls and Alya

I liked the Prices too. Not sure they were ever that popular though. Michelle Collins -accent gate!! I think they only were allowed to stick around because they drafted in the awesome Sue Johnstome. I really liked the family by the end. Was the same with the Mortons though. I had quite warmed to Jerry once he had been written out! 😔
  • Options
    GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan4 wrote: »

The chickens are my favourite members of the family :) It comes to something when as an actor you're upstaged by poultry :D
  • Options
    zsazsazsazsazsazsazsazsa Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GoinGaga wrote: »
    The chickens are my favourite members of the family :) It comes to something when as an actor you're upstaged by poultry :D

Hee Hee Hee
    :D