Options

Where are ITV Player, 4OD & Demand Five?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are showing now after having a game of HQ on COD4 :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I assume that the 4OD content isn't all there yet and they are going to be adding to it? There's not very much on it at the moment (especially compared with regular 4OD).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    There seems to be a problem with the ITV Player, I have watched 2 programmes so far and in both, when it cuts to adverts it does so about 15 seconds before the actual break of the programme, so it cuts in the middle of a sentence, I hope they can fix this soon!

I wish they would configure all the players correctly so you can use them properly with the PS3 remote, and not have to get the controller out to pause etc.
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    topuptvnow wrote: »
    There seems to be a problem with the ITV Player, I have watched 2 programmes so far and in both, when it cuts to adverts it does so about 15 seconds before the actual break of the programme, so it cuts in the middle of a sentence, I hope they can fix this soon!

I wish they would configure all the players correctly so you can use them properly with the PS3 remote, and not have to get the controller out to pause etc.

That bugs me too with the remote.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both appeared pretty quickly for me. Haven't really tried them properly but I had a quick go of ITV, its a bit jittery but I'm sure that will improve with time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant play itv player.
    says my resolution is wrong, :cry:
  • Options
    geobradgeobrad Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    being used to freeview hd for the past few months, the picture quality on itv player is shocking!!!!!:(
  • Options
    airwavesairwaves Posts: 2,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else get an 'out of memory' error whilst using ITV Player? I've tried clearing the browser cache but it doesn't clear the problem.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geobrad wrote: »
    being used to freeview hd for the past few months, the picture quality on itv player is shocking!!!!!:(

what do you expect? It is not that bad, the main problem is it jumps a bit, BBC iplayer is a bit smoother, still better on the Wii.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    airwaves wrote: »
    Anyone else get an 'out of memory' error whilst using ITV Player? I've tried clearing the browser cache but it doesn't clear the problem.

Got that here when I first tried it. They will sort out the major bugs I expect
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4OD looks good, they only have the one advert plus they have some good programmes. ITV Player is regularly interrupted by ads and this just shows how poor ITVs programming actually is.

It would be nice to see Sky and Demand Five. Even so it is a nice addition. There are only so many programmes I can watch on iPlayer so at least I now have more choice on the big screen TV which is where I watch most of my TV.
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK i tried watching 4OD last night i got sound then no picture tried that a few times and still the same as for ITV well the picture isnt that good, BBCI player is far superior and the picture is very good, seeing that it was Day1 yesterday for 4OD and ITV player im sure things will get better but they do need to iron out the problems and add content.
  • Options
    jdog55jdog55 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    dazb wrote: »
    OK i tried watching 4OD last night i got sound then no picture tried that a few times and still the same as for ITV well the picture isnt that good, BBCI player is far superior and the picture is very good, seeing that it was Day1 yesterday for 4OD and ITV player im sure things will get better but they do need to iron out the problems and add content.

Agree with the picture quality of ITV player, also had problems with 4OD. When I clicked on a programme it the screen just seemed to flick or skip and went back to selection screen, when I did get a programme to play there was sound but no pic. Both are'nt up to the quality of the iPlayer on the PS3 but it is early days.
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV Player hasn't changed quality from when it was originally working on the PS3 earlier in the year. I would be surprised if they are streaming at over 500kbps.

It's not even that impressive on the PC.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got them both on my PS3 no probs But I'd like them to fix my BluRay player?

:mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4od and itv player both working fine for me:D

Cant grumble about the pic quality either as both very good, 4od better than itv;)

If you wanna see a crap quality pic watch iplayer on freesat, now that is pants lol
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    what do you expect? It is not that bad, the main problem is it jumps a bit, BBC iplayer is a bit smoother, still better on the Wii.

Even better on FreeSat and has a better interface too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4od and itv player both working fine for me:D

Cant grumble about the pic quality either as both very good, 4od better than itv;)

If you wanna see a crap quality pic watch iplayer on freesat, now that is pants lol

Must be your connection or telly, HQ iPlayer looks great on my Sony Bravia, alot better than my PS3 and Wii.
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes the iplayer looks good on my Tv to via the PS3. It does help if u have a decent TV though,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Got them both the other day and work fine for me :cool: I'm hoping more content will be added on 4OD - maybe C4 are waiting to see how many ppl are using it - I wouldn't mind all of the Shameless series being put on there and IT Crowd and Peep Show :D
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was previously watching C4 through the youtube channel which is still offering better quality than 40D

as for ITV Player...I don't know why they bother
  • Options
    c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Must be your connection or telly, HQ iPlayer looks great on my Sony Bravia, alot better than my PS3 and Wii.

After reading your post I checked iplayer again on freesat and saw HQ option which I hadnt noticed before;) tried it out and the pic quality is loads better:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Even better on FreeSat and has a better interface too.

but you got to have Freesat for that and connect it to the net and to be honest even if I had Freesat I would not connect it to the internet.

The Wii and PS3 I don't mind on the net, but not putting my T.V on there as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    but you got to have Freesat for that and connect it to the net and to be honest even if I had Freesat I would not connect it to the internet.

The Wii and PS3 I don't mind on the net, but not putting my T.V on there as well.

Why? What difference does it make.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After reading your post I checked iplayer again on freesat and saw HQ option which I hadnt noticed before;) tried it out and the pic quality is loads better:)

Yeah it's the best implementation of iplayer I have seen.