If you can't fight, just don't go online

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
Forum Member
✭✭✭
just be fighting somebody on ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 on the vita and my 5 game win streak was ended by somebody spamming the same unblockable move over and over and its pissed me off as he started doing it when i was one move away from winning, i mean is it really to much to ask that people go into the ****ing training or mission mode and learn some moves

Comments

• alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    he won, if it is in the game it is fair. Cheap but fair
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    just be fighting somebody on ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 on the vita and my 5 game win streak was ended by somebody spamming the same unblockable move over and over and its pissed me off as he started doing it when i was one move away from winning, i mean is it really to much to ask that people go into the ****ing training or mission mode and learn some moves

S**t happens! :rolleyes:
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should watch f1 2011 online youtube videos.
  • sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you can't beat them copy them
  • gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should of tried going online on fifa 09 when buggers used a glitch to score from half way line.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

if its in the game and it aint a bug or a glitch then it aint cheating.your just annoyed that they beat you.Put your dummy back in and change your nappy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chas smash wrote: »
    if its in the game and it aint a bug or a glitch then it aint cheating.your just annoyed that they beat you.Put your dummy back in and change your nappy.

Of course spamming a move isn't a glitch but it shows a lack of talent and i for one didn't pay 34.99 for a game to play online and lose because somebody only knows one moves
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course spamming a move isn't a glitch but it shows a lack of talent and i for one didn't pay 34.99 for a game to play online and lose because somebody only knows one moves

That's irrelevant and shows a lack of skill on your part.just because he only knows one move doesn't mean he shouldn't play online.if the moves effective go with it.your upset because you weren't good enough to beat them.maybe its you who needs to train more,as its obvious you can't beat someone who is only using one move.
  • Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you can't play online without having a hissy fit when someone beats you legitimately, don't go online. Simples.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    chas smash wrote: »
    That's irrelevant and shows a lack of skill on your part.just because he only knows one move doesn't mean he shouldn't play online.if the moves effective go with it.your upset because you weren't good enough to beat them.maybe its you who needs to train more,as its obvious you can't beat someone who is only using one move.

^ lol this.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Tbh, this happens in just about every online game

Call of Duty has campers, glitchers and noob tube spammers.Racing games have people that ram you at corners.Fifa has people constantly pause the game and force you to watch every highlight and replay in hope that you quit out and give them the victory......and fighting games have 1 move spammers.

I think the key here is to come to terms that a good portion of the online gaming community are idiots that will try to win at any cost. It's best not to give a crap about online stats and play just for the enjoyment of the moment.If you win a fight fair and square you'll feel alot more sense of achievment then some one who spams moves.
  • FFSFFS Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the key here is to come to terms that a good portion of the online gaming community are idiots...

Can be said of a good portion of any "portion", really. Can't it?

So, while the easy thing is to just come to terms with this...

No! Rage! Rage!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't think there's anything wrong with this, sometimes i do it if i see the opponent is having trouble, ive also had it done to me and felt like i couldn't do anything, even though i obviously could.

I don't have time and in fact i don't enjoy training on my fighting games, i just go online and fight. I really couldn't care less about memorizing all the moves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    There are so few moves now a days that are un blockable or in fact can just be spammed and spammed so you can't do anything ... I mean honestly the more someone uses a move the more of a chance you have to find a way to work around it ...
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems like they beat you fair and square, however frustrating it is to be beaten by a "one mover".

In my experience it has always been the way with fighting games.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I used to getting this a bit with SSF IV online and it is frustrating, but I realised the tools are there at your disposal to beat someone who is so inexperienced, it's up to you to learn how to make a mockery of someone spamming a single move. It's not cheating.

Virtua Fighter series is the worst for it, that game is the deepest 3D fighting game ever made and unless you really know what you're doing and have spent an age mastering the moves, novice players can beat you easily by button mashing.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the same on WoW. PvP is fun, but so disheartening when 80% of the other team are resorting to "cheap" tactics and just camping a graveyard whilst the other 20% capture the flags. Whilst imoh this sort of behavior is against the spirit of the game it is classed as a legitimate tactic.
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh so what!