Kay Burley escapes investigation over April Jones volunteer interview

2»

Comments

• derek500derek500 Posts: 24,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hendero wrote: »
    Not exactly on topic, but I always used to throw that magazine straight in the bin. Glad to hear the loophole has been closed.

Perhaps TV subscriptions should be zero rated for VAT? There's no VAT on other media like newspapers, magazines or the TVL.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I watched the interview in question live on Sky News and, although it was insensitive, it was largely in keeping with the tone of much their coverage of this news "event" It was all too much - to close, too intrusive, too obsessive. A missing child is always an emotionally charged story but Sky News seemed determined to work itself into a frenzy over this.Hardly any other stories were being given airtime even when there was little new to say about the missing girl. Everyone in that small town will have been affected by this terrible event, maybe they needed a little more respect and restraint from the media.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,376
    Forum Member
    moonburn wrote: »
    To be honest thats my problem with her and Boulton the style they present is really Dated.

I remeber at the time an Australian poster wrote, out there they stopped asking for a personal reaction after someone punched the reporter in Grief.

All the more reason for Kay Burley to keep asking questions.;)