Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,485
    Forum Member
    You're completely missing the point. Barry Scott adverts are tongue in cheek and a total send up.

what are they sending up as that kind of advertising died out in the 70s?
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the same with the Health Lottery and the Postcode Lottery. Clearly in the Health Lottery ad they use actors so the director must have told them to do the most disgusting and insulting fictional characterisation of kind of people who play these games to escape their financial troubles. The guy that goes "I've won the 'elf lott-ree" is the one that winds me us the most because it sounds like someone who has never been to London trying to impersonate a cockney.

Same thing with the Postcode Lottery ad except all you get is a voiceover while the celebrities (and I use that word in a very loose sense) chap on very middle class looking front doors and hand people novelty cheques, then you get the only audio of one of these winners and its a middle aged woman shouting "OI DEREK, WE'RE GOING TO BENIDORM!".

I can't be the only person who thinks that if a z-list celebrity came up to me whilst I was doing my shopping the last thing I'd do is shout about where I'm going on holiday. Why couldn't she have wanted to use her winnings to book her & her husband on Richard Bransons space rocket, if only so I could have a cheap laugh when she shouts "OI DEREK, WE'RE GOING TO THE MOON!".

They are the real winners, skanky chavs.
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    There's an advert for neglected donkeys on tv at the moment as I'm writing this, no doubt the majestic snow leopard and rain forest jaguar adverts are not far off.

It's the African kids one that gets to me, Ayesha won't eat tonight- Christ if the skinny mare waits till tomorrow it's 2 for 1 on pizzas at the chippy ill friggin airmail her the free one.:D

And don't get me started on the GSOH begging adverts, a quasi nhs/private joke that denies kids treatment if the are not middle class enough/ hail from the right London postcode. B'stards. :mad:
  • zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go Compare with Stephen Hawkins
    Bill Bailey comparing Pro? Cancer to a walnut
    What is this world coming to?

Also
    we any buy any car with James Corden, people with balloons and mini branches in car parks
    I'm not going to be the person you expect me to be anymore! Yippee for you!
    Scary ads for Stop Smoking
    :eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    The Confused.Com one is okay for me, but if you look in the background, one of the animals is biting at one of the other male character's belt.. upon first glance it looks like a bite to the crotch.

The Nisa advert.. man goes in to get shopping.. goes back out.. suddenly there's a dog playing a guitar standing in front of him! What the heck does a dog playing a guitar have to do with shopping?
  • Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    darkisland wrote: »
    Depends how you define 'best'. Awareness of an ad/brand/product is always important. Equally though, it's important not to irritate or annoy to the extent where potential customers choose to stick two fingers up at your company and its offerings..
    On this basis I would never buy any product that advertised as I find all advertising offensive, manipulative and insulting to my intelligence. So anyone who advertises on TV whose products I buy are lucky I don’t watch adverts!
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,539
    Forum Member
    Bloody Gok Wan flogging Activia. I would not buy it when McCutchine advertised it so he has no hope :mad:
    Forum Member
    This must have been said, but the “worst” advert must surely be the best, since it will be the most talked about, thus it has been the most successful in what it set out to do: get people interested and stir up reactions.

They may talk about it but do they buy the product ? If I don't like an ad I won't buy the product .. I just moan about the ad :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Oh and the Wowcher advert where the girl tries to rub her tattoo off-- it's a tattoo love, it won't come off..
  • Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a new one for Stroke Association, it has the woman who played Lucy in Footballers wives in it. It sounds like she is being forced to do the ad.
    Forum Member
    There is a new BT ad :eek: :eek:

The geeks mother turns up and gets the wrong end of the stick about the living arrangements :yawn:

Hope this one is over asap :mad:
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the flaming weight loss/ exercise/ new body adverts!!! :mad:
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Bloody Gok Wan flogging Activia. I would not buy it when McCutchine advertised it so he has no hope :mad:

I've just had the misfortune of seeing Keith Harris and Orville in the latest Farmfoods advert.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the flaming weight loss/ exercise/ new body adverts!!! :mad:

Patsy Kensit, Gregg Wallace, Josie Gibson, Pauline Quirke...oh and I saw Davina McCall's latest dvd advert yesterday :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Professor Stephen Hawking in the latest Go Compare advert...words fail me.
  • Jaly77Jaly77 Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Professor Stephen Hawking in the latest Go Compare advert...words fail me.

Same here, it's disgusting :mad:
  • spotify95spotify95 Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    1. Go Compare
    2. That one with the eerie music in the background (don't know the name of company sorry!)
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,807
    Forum Member
    Jaly77 wrote: »
    Same here, it's disgusting :mad:

Disgusting in what way?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spotify95 wrote: »
    1. Go Compare
    2. That one with the eerie music in the background (don't know the name of company sorry!)

Avios; The one with the flying washing machines?
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Money Advice Service with the possessed nan saying in a Golem-esque fashion 'What does Marv think?' whilst her family look on bemused as if they think she's going to stab them all.
  • spotify95spotify95 Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    Avios; The one with the flying washing machines?

Yes that's the one! It's just eerie and awful IMO.
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,762
    Forum Member
    spotify95 wrote: »
    Yes that's the one! It's just eerie and awful IMO.

For some reason, my cat's fascinated by that ad.:D
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,369
    Forum Member
    Bill Bailey's sledgehammer/walnut ad for prostate cancer awareness.

There's an implication from it that unless you talk about smashing something with a large blunt object, men wouldn't pay any attention.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    That new car ad...think it's for something called the "Toledo".
    It's got a female unaccompanied solo version of Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow"....truly terrible!
    I can't describe how terrible!
    :mad::mad::mad:
    Another god awful twee cover.
    When she 'sing' the word tomorrow it sends shivers down my spine for all the wrong reasons
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    The Sun giveaway advert with the little girl singing about how January is a depressing month :mad:
This discussion has been closed.