Frijj Milkshakes

QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So today i was looking at the label while drinking a Frijj Chocolate milk shake. Am i imagining things or should they not be 500ml? It said 471ml i am sure they were not this size last week.... can anybody confirm if they were 500ml just a few weeks ago?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were 500ml too. Don't like them as much as i used to, seem to be thinner in consistency.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I bought one last week and it is 500ml. I still have the wrapper with the Thorpe Park offer on it.
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tesco are still seliing them as 500ml just had a quick check as in the midst of an online shop. If it is right then maybe another brand going down the less product for the same amount of money route and hoping people won't notice. Last one I had was one with the Thorpe label as well and it says 500ml as well.
  • fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    another product doing the slow shrinking act :(
  • North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MICH78 wrote: »
    I thought they were 500ml too. Don't like them as much as i used to, seem to be thinner in consistency.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree, and they're not such a nice flavour either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iv noticed a diffrence in taste. Used to have these all the time a few years ago, had one last week and not as good as i remember.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quackers wrote: »
    So today i was looking at the label while drinking a Frijj Chocolate milk shake. Am i imagining things or should they not be 500ml? It said 471ml i am sure they were not this size last week.... can anybody confirm if they were 500ml just a few weeks ago?

I think it's the limited edition ones that are 471ml. I had a chocolate honeycomb flavour today and it was 471ml.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I looked on Tesco and all but one was 500ml. The one that wasn't was "New". Not sure if that is the limited edition type you're talking about.

On ASDA they're out of stock. I wonder if the 500ml are the remainder of old stock and when the new stock comes in it'll be the reduced size.
  • QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's the limited edition ones that are 471ml. I had a chocolate honeycomb flavour today and it was 471ml.

The banana one i bought today from Asda was 471ml too so cannot be just the limited edition ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet they keep the price the same, even though there is less quantity, or even worse, put the price up if they are branding them as "new".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quackers wrote: »
    The banana one i bought today from Asda was 471ml too so cannot be just the limited edition ones.

That's strange, I've got a banana one that I bought this morning in Morrisons. I've just looked at it and it's 500ml, use by date of 5-10-12 so bit of a mystery.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    I've got a sticky toffee pudding one coming with my shopping tomorrow so I shall look how big it is :)
  • peter_sharp1ukpeter_sharp1uk Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the ones in my ASDA are now 471ml and £1. No longer buying them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    First mistake is to look on the label of those milkshake!! ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    The one I got today was 471 and about £1.25
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    I only ever get these when they're on offer but now they're smaller and won't be reduced in price I won't be getting them any more. Chocolate fudge brownie was my favourite. :mad:
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Bunny82 wrote: »
    I only ever get these when they're on offer but now they're smaller and won't be reduced in price I won't be getting them any more. Chocolate fudge brownie was my favourite. :mad:

this one is delicious
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunny82 wrote: »
    I only ever get these when they're on offer but now they're smaller and won't be reduced in price I won't be getting them any more...:
    Snap. I boycott anything that has shrunk...
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it is more the fault of our supermarkets that this happens.
    They get more shelf space and thus more profit per square meter of store size.

International filter coffee = 250 grams
    UK brands filter coffee = 225 grams.
    I must admit that Frijj is about my favourite mid exercise energy drink.