Peter Andre - even more chapters of "his life"

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a lot forget is when he split from Katie ..yes he had made money with her but they used their money to live...... That's the thing people forget..whatever they make they have to pay their management team,hairdressers,housekeepers,drivers,school fees ,general living costs,all the trips they went on the list is endless.. Let's say they made £6m between them..they wouldn't walk away with £3m each... Also he had no stake in her house so didn't get a penny from that.
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella
    Is that the going rate for a column these days? £1,000 per week.:eek: Interesting to know.:)

He must be doing something successfully though. I see a nice house, great cars (many of them) a lot of staff and so on. None of that comes cheap. His tours always seem to be sold out, so maybe they're successful. I don't know how much is profit, but the money must be rolling in from somewhere. :confused:

do you know i actually don't know where i heard it from but it was to do with Chantelle being paid a thousand a week for her ccolumn so sorry i didn't explain but i just presumed all celebs were paid about the same :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a lot forget is when he split from Katie ..yes he had made money with her but they used their money to live...... That's the thing people forget..whatever they make they have to pay their management team,hairdressers,housekeepers,drivers,school fees ,general living costs,all the trips they went on the list is endless.. Let's say they made £6m between them..they wouldn't walk away with £3m each... Also he had no stake in her house so didn't get a penny from that.

So sad - my heart bleeds:rolleyes:

Oh, hang on, I must go and turn off my central heating, as I can't afford heat and food:D
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bitter ex's - such a reliable source of information .... To be honest I find all the re- hashing of the past :yawn::yawn::sleep: . Does it really matter any more? Everyone is entitled to grow and be changed by experiences. It's now and the future that count.

I live in the same part of the world and he's often spotted shopping and eating out. Does he strut around courting attention? Absolutely not, he's polite and obliging when people want photos or autographs but he seems to try to avoid attention as much as possible and came across to me as rather shy. I imagine as a performer he has to fight that and perhaps over compensates at times. He visited a local special needs school where a friend works and she said he was very generous with his time, genuinely interested, made sure he spoke to everyone and has a caring quality to him that you warm to.

I think if he can find a way to pursue his music without the reality show, he'll be relieved to drop it and live a more private life. Perhaps starting his own record label will eventually enable him to do that. Just my impression, not expecting the 'usual suspects' to agree :)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    To be honest I find all the re- hashing of the past :yawn::yawn::sleep: . Does it really matter any more?

Couldn't agree more. But the fans/defenders won't let it die. This he said she said he said she said drives me up the wall.

We are, after all, discussing two orange attention-seeking zelebs desperate to hold on to their slice of fame.

And it's not as if both of them don't provide enough current material to fight over oops sorry, I mean discuss civilly. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I make a conscious effort not to get drawn into mentioning Kate unless it's directly relevant and agree if everyone did the same the threads wouldn't get stuck in the same boring rut. They've both moved on, it's time people put it all to rest.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    do you know i actually don't know where i heard it from but it was to do with Chantelle being paid a thousand a week for her ccolumn so sorry i didn't explain but i just presumed all celebs were paid about the same :)

I think you are probably right. I was surprised by how much some 'celebs' receive for a one hour show on day time TV, so the the £1000 for a column sounds about right. Nice work if you can get it. :)
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are probably right. I was surprised by how much some 'celebs' receive for a one hour show on day time TV, so the the £1000 for a column sounds about right. Nice work if you can get it. :)

Sorry - O/T - but wasn't it revealed a while ago that Colleen Rooney got £40k a week for a column in OK? P'raps I'm going senile....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry - O/T - but wasn't it revealed a while ago that Colleen Rooney got £40k a week for a column in OK? P'raps I'm going senile....

You're not going senile Pru. :D But it worked out at about £10k a week. :eek:

I found this on Wiki.

Rooney had her own column in the celebrity magazine Closer entitled "Welcome to My World", for which she earned up to £10,000. However she left Closer in 2008. She then went on to write a weekly column for OK! magazine, for which she was paid £41,667 per month[11] Coleen writes about her style and news.[12]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I found this on Wiki.

Rooney had her own column in the celebrity magazine Closer entitled "Welcome to My World", for which she earned up to £10,000. However she left Closer in 2008. She then went on to write a weekly column for OK! magazine, for which she was paid £41,667 per month[11] Coleen writes about her style and news.[12]

WOW:eek:
    I wonder if all "celebrities" get this that write a column or we are just talking about maybe A listers like her(is she an A Lister i wouldn't actually know:o but thought she was higher than maybe Chantelle!)
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I found this on Wiki.

Thanks Jimmy - delighted I am still compos mentis - just about:D

In any case, an obscene amount of money. Poor Pete's pay is a bit piffling in comparison;)
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he should release this.
    It might just chart for him.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-07_2DWfEmQ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if all "celebrities" get this that write a column or we are just talking about maybe A listers like her(is she an A Lister i wouldn't actually know:o but thought she was higher than maybe Chantelle!)

Nooo!!! :eek: Not an A-lister! :eek: Daniel Day Lewis is an A-lister. Absolutely not! :D

In celeb hierarchy terms, I would see her as a C maybe...

But in Zeleb terms, she's most definitely a cut above the Chantelles of this world (but then, a cabbage would be a cut above the Chantelles of this world).

Still, an astonishing amount of money to pay anyone for a monthy column, let alone some fluffy crap in a crappy old rag like OK! Mag. But they wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't paying dividends so nice work, Coleen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Nooo!!! :eek: Not an A-lister! :eek: Daniel Day Lewis is an A-lister. Absolutely not! :D

In celeb hierarchy terms, I would see her as a C maybe...

But in Zeleb terms, she's most definitely a cut above the Chantelles of this world (but then, a cabbage would be a cut above the Chantelles of this world).

Still, an astonishing amount of money to pay anyone for a monthy column, let alone some fluffy crap in a crappy old rag like OK! Mag. Bit they wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't paying dividends so nice work, Coleen.

thanks Lexi i did think i was building her up a bit as people like Dustin Hoffman,the Beckhams and Tom Cruise were what i would think were A listers! but like you said even Colleen is higher up the pecking order than Chantelle,Amy and Gemma from TOWIE and yes Peter Andre :D

:eek: a cabbage :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks Lexi i did think i was building her up a bit as people like Dustin Hoffman,the Beckhams and Tom Cruise were what i would think were A listers! but like you said even Colleen is higher up the pecking order than Chantelle,Amy and Gemma from TOWIE and yes Peter Andre :D

:eek: a cabbage :D

:D Apologies to cabbages everywhere for the comparison.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    :D Apologies to cabbages everywhere for the comparison.
    This cabbage forgives you!
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One hit wonder? LOL Also, your generalising stinks. Go check out the archives.

To be fair Jimmy, I think a lot of people would think of him as a one hit wonder.
    Your average Joe on the street would struggle to name any of his songs apart from Mysterious Girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Jimmy - delighted I am still compos mentis - just about:D

In any case, an obscene amount of money. Poor Pete's pay is a bit piffling in comparison;)

It really is an obscene amount isn't it. :eek: It's staggering. God knows what they write about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    To be fair Jimmy, I think a lot of people would think of him as a one hit wonder.
    Your average Joe on the street would struggle to name any of his songs apart from Mysterious Girl.

I don't disagree with you Blondie, but the way noodkleopatra was talking I would have expected them to know the details. :):)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't disagree with you Blondie, but the way noodkleopatra was talking I would have expected them to know the details. :):)

I hadn't actually read their post but now I have and I get ya :)

Tbh, I'm not a fan by any stretch but the comments were just a tad OTT I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    It really is an obscene amount isn't it. :eek: It's staggering. God knows what they write about.
    God knows why people buy the trashy magazines?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As some posters were so disappointed not to have seen any press reviews of Pete's concerts, thought this might be of interest: http://www.yorkshiretimes.co.uk/article/Peter-Andre--An-Unexpected-Surprise

"Surprisingly his latest album, 'Angels and Demons' is very good; some of the tracks would sit comfortably alongside the tracks of the latest albums from Ne-Yo, Usher, Chris Brown and even Calvin Harris on the more dance- influenced numbers."

"His rapport with the audience was infectious and his warm dialogue in-between the songs appeared genuine. His dance routines with his 4 dancers were well rehearsed and spot on. Visually it was a spectacular show with fireworks, a bit of magic mixed with illusions and many costume changes.

"It was the tracks from his new album that showed how he has progressed musically - 'Ignition', 'Fly Away', 'Don't Give Up' and the closing number the Michael Jackson-inspired 'What A Girl'. These songs really do need to be heard beyond his fans.

For a 2-hour show that was entertaining, fast-paced and interactive it ticked all the boxes - even the male members of the audience who had come along with their partners had a smile on their faces. An unexpected surprise."

And due to 'phenomenal demand' 8 new dates have been added to the tour, so not "half sold-out gigs at Butlins" after all ;).
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    As some posters were so disappointed not to have seen any press reviews of Pete's concerts, thought this might be of interest: http://www.yorkshiretimes.co.uk/article/Peter-Andre--An-Unexpected-Surprise

"Surprisingly his latest album, 'Angels and Demons' is very good; some of the tracks would sit comfortably alongside the tracks of the latest albums from Ne-Yo, Usher, Chris Brown and even Calvin Harris on the more dance- influenced numbers."

"His rapport with the audience was infectious and his warm dialogue in-between the songs appeared genuine. His dance routines with his 4 dancers were well rehearsed and spot on. Visually it was a spectacular show with fireworks, a bit of magic mixed with illusions and many costume changes.

"It was the tracks from his new album that showed how he has progressed musically - 'Ignition', 'Fly Away', 'Don't Give Up' and the closing number the Michael Jackson-inspired 'What A Girl'. These songs really do need to be heard beyond his fans.

For a 2-hour show that was entertaining, fast-paced and interactive it ticked all the boxes - even the male members of the audience who had come along with their partners had a smile on their faces. An unexpected surprise."

And due to 'phenomenal demand' 8 new dates have been added to the tour, so not "half sold-out gigs at Butlins" after all ;).
    I'd say the mangling of Imagine, How Deep is your Love and One Love had Lennon, assorted Gibbs and Marley rolling in their graves. :o Given his extensive back catalogue, it's surprising that he had to include so many cover versions to entertain the crowd.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    I'd say the mangling of Imagine, How Deep is your Love and One Love had Lennon, assorted Gibbs and Marley rolling in their graves. :o Given his extensive back catalogue, it's surprising that he had to include so many cover versions to entertain the crowd.

I would be so annoyed if I went to see a singer and they sand SOMEONE ELSE'S songs... He has 9 albums ..surely enough for his show
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be so annoyed if I went to see a singer and they sand SOMEONE ELSE'S songs... He has 9 albums ..surely enough for his show

cummon betty , this happens all the time , everyone does it, from Frank Sinatra to...well Peter Andre ;)