Options

Kate Winslett is going to be a mummy again

BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
Forum Member
she is expecting her third child with hubby Ned.

Comments

• Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will she get the usual "3 kids by 3 men, Classy... Not!" comments.
    Wish her well but can't forget when pregnant with Mia she blasted women who complained about childbirth saying they should "just bloody well get on with it".
    A few years later she revealed she had Mia by C section.
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another 3 x 3 !! What will she call it.... ONLY !
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Wish her well but can't forget when pregnant with Mia she blasted women who complained about childbirth saying they should "just bloody well get on with it".

The C section might've been for medical reasons.
  • Options
    notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »

I've had 3 c sections. There's no shame in it.
    What is a bit off is telling other women to just get on with it (childbirth). Especially when you know from your own experience it's not that straightforward always.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »

Absolutely but she should not have judged other women before she'd even had a go at childbirth herself. I've tried to find the article but I read it years before I had internet.
    It was when she was going through her "I'm so normal I had bangers&mash at my wedding reception" phase :D
  • Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just hope the poor kid doesn't have rock n roll as a last name..
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this all Kate Winslet does these days,has a new husband ,has a new child.
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    Is this all Kate Winslet does these days,has a new husband ,has a new child.

is that true three different partners = three kids 1 to each

how gonna ARRANGE CHRISTMAS DAYS
  • Options
    offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've gone off Kate Winslet these last few years. I used to love her but she seems to have developed an insincerity, and her Golden Globe and Oscar antics were so embarrassing I still cringe at recalling them.

It seems like she's on track to become the next Elizabeth Taylor in terms of her marriages but whatever. I do still like her acting so I hope she makes a few more films of The Reader quality.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've gone off Kate Winslet these last few years. I used to love her but she seems to have developed an insincerity, and her Golden Globe and Oscar antics were so embarrassing I still cringe at recalling them.It seems like she's on track to become the next Elizabeth Taylor in terms of her marriages but whatever. I do still like her acting so I hope she makes a few more films of The Reader quality.

Couldn't agree more. So embarrassing,
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, she seems to be averaging one child per husband, so this was inevitable.

Good luck to her and all that, but I wouldn't put odds on this one lasting any longer than the others did.

It'll be a houseful on Father's Day.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is everyone being s negative? Life doesn't always work out like you planned it. I like her as an actress and hope she is happy in her new marriage.
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Why is everyone being s negative? Life doesn't always work out like you planned it. I like her as an actress and hope she is happy in her new marriage.

She may have planned it like this.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »

Me too. She seems to be really happy with Mr Rock'n'Roll so good luck to them and their little rock'n'roller. :)
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Me too. She seems to be really happy with Mr Rock'n'Roll so good luck to them and their little rock'n'roller. :)

Same here. I like Kate, she seems to embrace life and wear her heart on her sleeve and from what I've read is a great Mum. She's not cynically getting married for magazine deals or to boost her profile. It's sad her previous marriages didn't last but it sounds like she went into them honestly believing that they would. She and Ned look very happy together so hopefully it's third time lucky and they both like big families so it's lovely news for them.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that really her husbands surname?? :eek:
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, won't last: classic social climber collecting kids along the way...
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that really her husbands surname?? :eek:

His real surname is the far less exciting Smith.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    She sure does like genetic diversity
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member

She probably will around here. This is DS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some cow from The Telegraph has done exactly that:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10100935/Three-babies-by-three-fathers-will-it-be-third-time-lucky-for-Calamity-Kate-Winslet.html
  • Options
    BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't it Sam Mendes who dumped Kate (and IIRC cheated on her while they were still married), not the other way around as many have been suggesting?

Besides, regardless of whether this pregnancy was planned or not, what if Ned R. had specifically told her that he wanted a child of his own? Was she supposed to say "Oh, sorry, but I've already had two kids by two different blokes, you'll have to find someone who's not had any kids yet."
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Luck to her, I still love and think she's a great talent. I couldn't really care less if she has 15 kids to 15 different men, she still believes in love and marriage & personally I think the divorce from Sam knocked her for six as she always seemed to state in interviews that she has "married the right man". Bless.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Same here. I like Kate, she seems to embrace life and wear her heart on her sleeve and from what I've read is a great Mum. She's not cynically getting married for magazine deals or to boost her profile. It's sad her previous marriages didn't last but it sounds like she went into them honestly believing that they would. She and Ned look very happy together so hopefully it's third time lucky and they both like big families so it's lovely news for them.

Absolutely agree. She's doing this for the right reasons, not for publicity or to score points. Sometimes life doesn't work out the way you plan it but she's moved on and made the best of the hand she's been dealt. Good luck to them all
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss Price has a derogatory comment on her twitter account about her, stating three kids by three different fathers where is the media backlash?