Springsteen - The Boss is back !

Comments

• ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Milan tickets for the San Siro have gone.

Oh. Oh well. Maybe he'll announce some Spain dates or Scandinavia or something. I'm too slow to make my mind up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I like standing! I was too scared to do it first time I saw Bruce, but now I've tried it, I don't think I'd go back. Having said that, a seat at the far back of any Bruce show is a million times better than a seat at home!
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too, standing every time! I'd buy the seats anyway while you can. You might be able to swap them for standing nearer the time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too, standing every time! I'd buy the seats anyway while you can. You might be able to swap them for standing nearer the time

That's true - I didn't get my Dublin night 2 ticket til the day this year, via a random Danish guy from the Greasy Lake forum. He was brilliant, went out of his way to get me the ticket and would only accept face value.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I've owned many of his albums but still haven't seen a live show. He's definitely on my list of concerts to see next time I get a chance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bob125 wrote: »
    I've owned many of his albums but still haven't seen a live show. He's definitely on my list of concerts to see next time I get a chance.

Well now's your chance! You won't ever regret it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    He's coming to Belfast in July. I'd love to go but the tickets will be pricey and most of my moneys going on Christmas presents at the minute. Maybe I'll get lucky in the new year. Seeing this guy live is on my bucket list.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Well now's your chance! You won't ever regret it.

I second that. I had a couple of chances to see him over the years but as fate would have it, I couldn't go each time. I finally saw him last summer and he exceeded my very high expectations. I'm definitely going to see him again next summer. As a plus, Wrecking Ball transfers fantastically to the live setting.
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what the max ticket purchase per transaction is.....there are a crowd of us planning to go to Hampden but would prefer seats together ...suspect the limit may be 6 ?
  • hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only had the chance to see Springsteen live once at that was the Emirates.(that was the last night of drinking on the tube so memorable for other reasons as well :D ) I notice that the Wembley date is a Saturday so tempted to make my way down there for a weekend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any advice on how what a sensible time for getting into the pit could be? Or how late i can chance it. I'm tempted to go for standing tickets but don't feel like waiting too many hours just to get a good standing spot knowing full well that a Springsteen show can go on for hours as it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any advice on how what a sensible time for getting into the pit could be? Or how late i can chance it. I'm tempted to go for standing tickets but don't feel like waiting too many hours just to get a good standing spot knowing full well that a Springsteen show can go on for hours as it is.

Depends which venue/country. There are different procedures in place at different places.

If it's UK, it's generally a queue - first come = first wristbands = first entry. It usually works well, but it went to pot in Manchester this summer, when there were people who'd stood in the rain from 8am standing in the front of the stage next to people who turned up half an hour before the show started. From what I've read, the die hards in the UK queue from early that day to get to the front of the pit.

However, if you just want to get IN the pit, and don't mind being a bit further back then you don't need to be anywhere near that early.

It's different in the States, where there's a pit lottery, and diffferent again in Europe where sometimes they queue days in advance.
  • Popkult23Popkult23 Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    What a load of bollocks.

If you had actually read my post instead of coming into this thread with your chest puffed out,looking to pick an argument,you'd realize that my comment wassn't a critical one.
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love him but i've never seen him live, and yes I know I understand he's absolutely fantastic.

I had a look at prices yesterday, I just can't justify £120-140 for two of us to have a night out at any time let alone Christmas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Any ideas who the support will be, or is there just Bruce doing his own ?

Last time I saw him live was 87ish, on the Tunnel of Love tour - and I remember the hour plus set, disappearing off for 20 minutes, and then coming back to do another 2 1/2 hours.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bruce never has support.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoot. Tickets brought. Just the think on an icy winter day to look ahead to a nice summer(hopefully) night watching The Boss.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got mine too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too! I failed miserably to get Paris tickets yesterday, so I booked today off work and have been logged in to Livenation and Ticketmaster since 8. At least I got to do it in pyjamas today, rather than feeling guilty doing it at work yesterday. Sites crashed several times, but I'm going to Wembley, Coventry and Belfast, yay!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got tickets for Belfast. It was a bit of an agonising wait as Ticketmaster crashed and stalled.

When I made it to the Wembley Live Nation pre-sale the seats it was offering were awful, so I'm waiting for the actual sale for those.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Got tickets for Wembley, 2 standing and 2 seated, I got them in yesterdays o2 presale and the seats are actually pretty good (block 123). Was surprised to see the lower tier being reserved seating rather than the free for all it usually is.

What hotels are people staying in, was going to book at Holiday Inn Wembley but prices are through the roof, £212 for 1 night!
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my six tickets for Hampden on Livenation - relatively painless ( apart from the credit card part ! ) - good seats in the South Stand ...can't wait
  • wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as it was announced Bruce was playing Wembley i booked the Ibis Wembley £64,stayed her last Feb,5min walk to Wembley,nice hotel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    wacky joe wrote: »
    As soon as it was announced Bruce was playing Wembley i booked the Ibis Wembley £64,stayed her last Feb,5min walk to Wembley,nice hotel.

I should have done the same, I had a quick browse at Hotels when it was announced but left it until I had tickets before booking anywhere, and I've paid the price...literally.

Edit: Ibis now £190 a night, bet the hotels love it when there's an event on :D