Third Series of The Syndicate

ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,961
Forum Member
I've just read that Kay Mellor is writing six new episodes of The Syndicate, due to air next year. It will focus on a syndicate of workers at a stately home.

I enjoyed series one and thought series two wasn't as good, but still worth watching. I don't think the standard of writing was as good in the second series however.

What do others think about a new series?

Comments

• suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like Kay Mellors work. The second series wasn't as strong but think there should be room for a third lottery winners story. She seems to attract a strong cast (not just Gaynor Faye) :cool:
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member
    suesuesue wrote: »
    I quite like Kay Mellors work. The second series wasn't as strong but think there should be room for a third lottery winners story. She seems to attract a strong cast (not just Gaynor Faye) :cool:

I wonder who'll be in the cast..... :)

I do like most of Kay Mellor's work, but she hasn't topped Band of Gold imo. That was totally brilliant and deserves a repeat. I think the last time it was repeated was between five to ten years ago and in the early hours so it was easy to miss. Drama channel could pick it up.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be in the minority that thought the 2nd series was better, I found it more believable
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved both series so far, couldn't say one was better than the other.

Excited for S3!
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope it tanks as there cannot be anymore stories to be had from the concept, the American version by the way was yanked from the schedule after two episodes.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope it tanks as there cannot be anymore stories to be had from the concept, the American version by the way was yanked from the schedule after two episodes.

We all know what the American TV market is like.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pleased to hear there will be series 3 , enjoyed the previous 2 . But I agree it maybe difficult to come up with new story lines related to winning the lottery .
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed both series, look forward to another.i

xx
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know when this is going to be aired
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamski94 wrote: »
    Does anybody know when this is going to be aired

2015, probably March time.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was cancelled.
  • mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked series 1, but I didn't like the fact it ended on a cliff hanger and then we never got to see what happened next, I would have preferred if series 2 continued from where series 1 left off.
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just read that Kay Mellor is writing six new episodes of The Syndicate, due to air next year. It will focus on a syndicate of workers at a stately home.

I enjoyed series one and thought series two wasn't as good, but still worth watching. I don't think the standard of writing was as good in the second series however.

What do others think about a new series?

Oooh good!!
    We've just finished watching both series having missed them first time round. Series one was by far the best, however we did enjoy series two but it lacked credibility especially the cellar scenes and the drug taking in the hospital, not so believable. I was really pleased for Siobhan Finneran's character at the end of series 2.
    Looking forward to another series, hope its a little more realistic and grounded.

I love Kay Mellor's work, 'band of gold' and 'the chase' being two firm favourites!!:D
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    I liked series 1, but I didn't like the fact it ended on a cliff hanger and then we never got to see what happened next, I would have preferred if series 2 continued from where series 1 left off.

we also felt there was something missing from the last episode of series 1..it would have been nice to have a little more continuity and though i do like kay's writing, i also felt she 'rushed' the ending in series 1 and in her series 'the chase' it would have been nice to have another episode to round things off, but maybe it is her style to leave you 'wanting' at the end!:D
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    :) Good news. I enjoyed both equally.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, good news! Series 2 was a bit outlandish but still entertaining. Can't wait to hear what cast and characters will feature this time round.