Perfection V Tipping Point V The Chase V Pointless

Comments

• JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Perfection? Boring, slow, waste of time.

Perfection is perfect what I call "shoutable-at" TV: "How could you be so thick??". Mind you, compared with the contestants they have on In It To Win It, they are all Einsteins. :D
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Perfection all you have to say is true or false,and yet the contestants make a life story out of it. That's what I hate about quiz shows.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    piimapoika wrote: »
    Tipping Point is a lot better than I thought it would be. The main trouble with it is that the last section has no excitement. You know that the person getting to the end will go home with at least the money he has won so far. In the Chase the players can build up a huge pot and still lose the lot in the last round, sometimes by a second or two. Perhaps Tipping Point would be improved if the last player had to get the star coin over the edge as a condition of taking home his winnings.

The players on Tipping Point can gamble their winnings if they don't get the star coin in the final round. But if you get the counter over without having to gamble then the maximum win is still only £10k. It's silly that you can't win the £10k in addition to what you have banked throughout the game.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    On Perfection all you have to say is true or false,and yet the contestants make a life story out of it. That's what I hate about quiz shows.

They do tend to ramble on a bit when they up against the clock.

I do enjoy the programme though:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointless, I love. Never miss it. Then Eggheads and then Perfection.

The Chase I'm aware of but not really seen - I think the rating bob up and down with Pointless taking the lead in their timeslot in turns.

Tipping Point I've not heard of.

I record Pointless, Eggheads and (when it's on) Perfection to watch at 6pm-ish. I couldn't watch the telly during the day.
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    I mocked Tipping Point to start with. I mean a quiz, based on those arcade coin pusher machines.

But I got into it and found it strangely absorbing.

That and The Chase for me.
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    There's also an terrible quiz with Nick Hancock on BBC2. Don't know what it's called but it's a group of people on a 'runway'. If they answer a question correctly they next square on the path lights up and they get to move forward one square.

There's also something to do with lives and nominating someone else. I haven't watched it all the way through as I find it quite baffling and not in a good way! :eek:
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Perfection.

The chase is getting tired

Tipping point shouldn't be taken seriously

Pointless drags on forever
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's also an terrible quiz with Nick Hancock on BBC2. Don't know what it's called but it's a group of people on a 'runway'. If they answer a question correctly they get to move forward one square.

There's also something to do with lives and nominating someone else. I haven't watched it all the way through as I find it quite baffling and not in a good way! :eek:

It's called Breakaway. I don't think it's that complicated (Beat The Pack is still the one to beat in that department, amongst the daytime quizzes!).

With regards to the OP, my favourite out of that list is Pointless, although I'm getting tired of it now. I remember watching it back in August and I can't recall it being off for any considerable length of time since then! That's 7 months!

I got more and more into Perfection as it went on, so that's my number two. Although I don't watch The Chase often, I've never found it quite as tedious as an episode of Tipping Point.
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    It's called Breakaway. I don't think it's that complicated (Beat The Pack is still the one to beat in that department, amongst the daytime quizzes!).

With regards to the OP, my favourite out of that list is Pointless, although I'm getting tired of it now. I remember watching it back in August and I can't recall it being off for any considerable length of time since then! That's 7 months!

I got more and more into Perfection as it went on, so that's my number two. Although I don't watch The Chase often, I've never found it quite as tedious as an episode of Tipping Point.

It probably isn't, but I find it a bit tedious when I have caught an episode.
  • sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,047
    Forum Member
    Pointless is my favourite (though I did lose interest last year for a while) - and record it each day and tend to watch it later.

The Chase is okay, and if Pointless isn't on or it's a repeat, i'd probably watch that - not overly keen on Bradley though, much prefer Alexander and Richard :)

Never seen Tipping Point, didn't like Perfection too much, but currently giving Beat The Pack a go... not too sure about Jake presenting, and it seems very unfair on some of the contestants, but can be quite an interesting game - but possibly a bit over-complicated!
  • tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    I'd rather do the oppossite because Pointless has too much chit chat taking up the time, at least with the chase adverts are at a set point.

That's what i love about Pointless. Xander and Richard coming out with bad jokes and pretending at times to be a married couple, it's hilarious!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tjbantam wrote: »
    That's what i love about Pointless. Xander and Richard coming out with bad jokes and pretending at times to be a married couple, it's hilarious!

I like it when they discuss the contestants in front of them. Especially earlier this week discussing 'Korky' and what was his real name. Richard trying to 'get down with the kids' and say 'Totes amaze' etc is hilarious too.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,099
    Forum Member
    Used to be the chase but pointless :o
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    sheff71 wrote: »
    but currently giving Beat The Pack a go... not too sure about Jake presenting, and it seems very unfair on some of the contestants, but can be quite an interesting game - but possibly a bit over-complicated!

I like Beat the Pack, actually, but I agree that it can be pretty complicated. If it was on in a later slot, I think it'd be better known. (I didn't even know it existed until yesterday!).
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never miss The Chase or Pointless, I usually Sky+ them both to watch when I get chance. I can't get along with Perfection at all, and although I've tried to watch it a couple of times Tipping Point just seems ridiculous to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    I used to be a massive fan of The Chase when it first came out but at the moment i'm enjoying Pointless more.

Perfection is pretty good compared to Countdown and The Common Denominator on Channel 4.

I occasionally watch Deal or no Deal but Tipping Point is more fresh and exiting on ITV at the same time.

The BBC and ITV are way ahead of Channel 4 on afternoon game shows at the moment, IMO.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    retroguy wrote: »
    The Chase is the best ITV has had since Golden Balls IMO Breakaway transferring to BBC1

I like quiz shows.

Golden Balls was just a nasty guessing game:mad:
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like Common Denominator, only because I find it easy.

Out of the 4 mentioned, The Chase although it maybe my imagination but some of the mental blocks the Chasers get from time to time are a bit suspect.

Pointless I watch when the Chase is on repeat.
    Tipping point hardly ever watched and I haven't heard of Perfection.
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching Perfection just now and it infuriates me how stupid people can be.

I like Pointless the most.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The chase by a mile. I also do like Pointless though. The other two don't do it for me at all, and Breakaway and Beat the Pack I have never been able to stomach enough episodes to make a fair judgement tbh.

All my comments are pretty much dictated by the host though ... Bradley Walsh is a true natural with the contestants and has a great rapport with the chasers and is genuinely funny to me. On Pointless I also find Alexander & Richard easy going, natural and funny.

The others - Jake Ben Nick [can't remember their surnames] and Nick Hancock they all just don't come across naturally at all, like they're all trying too hard - that makes it unpleasant/difficult viewing for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw Tipping Point the other day. I see why people say it's strangely absorbing. Dunno if I could watch it every day. The questions are far too easy.

I record Pointless, Perfection and Eggheads every day as it is anyway.
  • Bradders33Bradders33 Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    I wish the contestants on Tipping Point would be quiet. Sometimes they can be really annoying. But I love Ben Shepherd as a host. He is so natural and polite.

I filmed as a contestant on Tipping Point yesterday, the production team ask you to be interactive and talkative.

Although I agree, it's bloody annoying to watch / listen to everyone talking over the game. :)

Ben Shepherd BTW was sooo lovely. Had no opinion of him before, but really like him now.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tipping Point by a country mile. At least you actually do win on it. I like BW on the Chase, but it annoys me how the contestants nearly always loose, and I think its a bit unfair too. The chasers get easier questions, Bradley speeds up asking them, and take less time to say if their correct or not, loosing the players valuable seconds:mad:.
  • Phoenix04Phoenix04 Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointless by far, it's more than just a quiz, there's also the psychological aspect of trying to guess which answers do worst with the general public. The only tactic apart from question answering in the chase is one small moment when they choose whether to move up or down one step