Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• South Coast52South Coast52 Posts: 5,359
    Forum Member

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind. :D It rules out him diving for a last minute penalty at Anfield.

What will happen to Moaning Maureen?
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, what a shame, never mind. :D It rules out him diving for a last minute penalty at Anfield.

What will happen to Moaning Maureen?

I don't think he has to respond to his charge until the 28th April
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snukr wrote: »
    I've just been checking the records and this season really has been remarkable.

The 96 goals we've scored so far is our highest ever in the top flight.

The 45 away goals we've scored so far is the highest in our history.

We've already gained more points than when we last won the league, then we won it with 79 points.

There is one other record we could break, but it will be a tall order, we need 11 goals from our last 3 games to break our all time scoring record of 106 goals in the second division in 1895-96.

If the title has already been won, I could easily see Liverpool giving Newcastle a real hiding by 6 or 7 goals.

However, if Liverpool still need something from that game, it could be a tight and nervy match.
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he has to respond to his charge until the 28th April

Needed to respond by 24th April 6pm
  • Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    I still think Chelsea will play pretty much the strongest team available to them. Given the suspension in the CL game they will actually still end up with a fair few of their first choice players in the match.

I just wanna see our lads go all out to make them regret setting foot in Anfield.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good News For David Moyes

Following his sacking by Man U he has been taken on by Sky.

He'll be doing his first dish installation next Tuesday

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!
  • LONERIDER37LONERIDER37 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMask wrote: »
    Needed to respond by 24th April 6pm
    That was Ramires deadline not Moanerinho's
    Mikey_C wrote: »
    Good News For David Moyes

Following his sacking by Man U he has been taken on by Sky.

He'll be doing his first dish installation next Tuesday

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!

:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some just have to keep on going don't they? Sick! >:(

"The government says it is making "urgent inquiries" into reports Whitehall computers were used to make insulting comments about the Hillsborough disaster.

The Liverpool Echo reported that changes were made to Wikipedia entries about the tragedy.

Comments were posted from computers on Whitehall's secure intranet, it said.

The Cabinet Office said the claims were being treated with "the utmost seriousness".

In one of the changes, the Liverpool anthem You'll Never Walk Alone was changed to You'll Never Walk Again, the newspaper said."

LINK
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just reading about this online. It's disgusting. It seems the cruelty will never end with regards to Hillsborough.
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Free speech clearly has limits and in this instance although, I'd say no crime has been committed per se, it's still a disgusting act and I hope they have a good word with those responsible. Maybe there will be possibility for legal action too.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luis Alberto done for drink driving, be interesting to see what happens now. Banned for 12 months, will be reduced to 9 if he does an awareness course thingy.
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Luis Alberto done for drink driving, be interesting to see what happens now. Banned for 12 months, will be reduced to 9 if he does an awareness course thingy.

What an utter arse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm appalled that Whitehall civil servants mis-edited the wikipedia Hillsborough page. Honestly, what does it say about those who work on behalf of the government?
  • edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers on Jose Mourinho's suggestion he will rest key players for Chelsea's trip to Liverpool on Sunday:

"Whatever team Chelsea put out it will cost more than ours. People talk about pressure being top of the league and say 'you can't be sleeping well'. I haven't slept better!"

Love it basically Rodgers saying pressure is on u Jose (that's what I read it as anyway) LOL
  • promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edduk1981 wrote: »
    Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers on Jose Mourinho's suggestion he will rest key players for Chelsea's trip to Liverpool on Sunday:

"Whatever team Chelsea put out it will cost more than ours. People talk about pressure being top of the league and say 'you can't be sleeping well'. I haven't slept better!"

Love it basically Rodgers saying pressure is on u Jose (that's what I read it as anyway) LOL

Haha I just love that man!!
  • edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brendan Rodgers explained on Friday how Liverpool will continue to assess the fitness of striker Daniel Sturridge ahead of the Barclays Premier League clash against Chelsea this weekend.

We will see," the boss told reporters gathered at Melwood. "We'll give it another 24 hours. He's working hard with the medical team. So we shall see.

"But if he's not fit, we've coped before; we've managed before without a number of players. We'll go into the game with confidence. We'll assess that over the next 24 hours."

Bit of mind games there with Jose I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wait fellow fans we will get it if we win with others moaning this years league was rubbish, if we loose it will be Liverpool fans were too cocky and already thought they were champions. Lol it's going to be chaos. Get the tin hats ready...... :D
  • shankly123shankly123 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Free speech clearly has limits and in this instance although, I'd say no crime has been committed per se, it's still a disgusting act and I hope they have a good word with those responsible. Maybe there will be possibility for legal action too.

As a Civil Servant, I can say that there are strict guidlines on the personal use of government computers and these actions would certainly fall foul of them. Even if there is no criminal liabilty, the culprits would face disciplinary action.
  • mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Schmeichel interview on Soccer am wants Steve Bruce as the next utd manager
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikeyddd wrote: »
    Peter Schmeichel interview on Soccer am wants Steve Bruce as the next utd manager

I hope so as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikeyddd wrote: »

Excellent choice! :D
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather Giggs got it full time can't wait.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squibbles wrote: »
    Just wait fellow fans we will get it if we win with others moaning this years league was rubbish, if we loose it will be Liverpool fans were too cocky and already thought they were champions. Lol it's going to be chaos. Get the tin hats ready...... :D

Well it's for that precise reason that I wrote this just after the City game:

jeffiner1892.wordpress.com/2014/04/18/in-b-rod-we-trust
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    B-Rod?! That's an abomination. :D Bet they'd love it in the States, mind!

I agree with the gist of the piece though. Even if it all goes wrong in these last 3 games it'll still have been a fantastic season far beyond what I expected or even thought we were capable of.
This discussion has been closed.