Options

Bmw

13»

Comments

• Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I've had a few BMWs, including a 320i saloon, a 330ci M sport coupe, a 530d M Sport and my current weekend go-kart, a 2005 3.0ltr Z4.

I like them, I prefer the styling of BMW over the Audi for example, although I do think Audi have a better feel to the quality of finish.

I thought I might sell the Z4 at the end of the summer as well as the Insignia I use for work and try and pick up a good M3 (the 4.0ltr one). The problem is that I do a 60 mile a day round trip to work, and the fuel bill will likely kill me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help but laugh at some pretentious wally in marketing coming up with that load of BS! Ultimate driving machine my a*se! :D

You are obviously a poor person who can only dream of luxurious German motoring :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    U96 wrote: »
    Gradually switching to front wheel drive as well.Not to mention 'X Drive' 4 wheel drive too..

Some 1 and 2 are wrong wheel drive, others are RWD
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    BMWs can be nice, the M3 for example.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »
    You are obviously a poor person who can only dream of luxurious German motoring :D

Not poor ... not rich. I could certainly afford one, but my automotive dreams don't include BMWs! :D

P.S. ... and "luxurious" doesn't equate to the ultimate driving machine. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quite happy on the back of a Scooter clinging on to a big bum :p
  • Options
    DebrajoanDebrajoan Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Audi drivers are by far the worst.

These chestnuts and canards circulate all the time, for a while this marque is no good, nor people who drive them, later it's another marque and their drivers.
    I know an English guy who has lived in Germany for around 30 years.
    He tells me that the German motoring press consistently rubbish VW and Opel, they big-up Citroen and Peugeot, and praise Nissan, Mazda, and Toyota to the sky.
    He says that the average German knows full well that a Mercedes is a reliable car, but there is often a feeling of uncertainty about BMWs
    He reckons that if you asked 100 Germans which German car they consider the most reliable well made car available, probably 60-65 would say Audi.
    I said that there was a strong anti-Audi driver swell in the UK, was there anything like that in Germany?
    He said that the closest he could come up with was any large Mercedes or any Porsche, especially if they carried Munich number plates.