Options

The Group Behind Rage Against The Machine At It Again!!

Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,137
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It was on the news this morning saying the group that got them to number 1 last year are trying to get wagner to win to piss simon off and basically put an end to x factor once and for all. if he won, x factors`s credibility would be destroyed. People who voted for their acts this year would not bother next year. what would be the point if these idiots are just voting to make a statement. i wouldn`t watch it again. my family have already stopped watching.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Rage group from last year has nothing to do with this current Wagner campaign. The chap who ran it last year has publicly said he is not involved with it at all. I wish people would get their facts straight. And how sweet that you think the X-Factor still has any credibility.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    my family have already stopped watching.

Not surprised, given the uber-manipulated crap it's become over the last couple of years.

Waggers FTW :)
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X Factor has never had 'credibility'

Nor has Cowell. The man used to manage Zig and Zag for gods sake, its delusional to think giving him money (voting) could take away something he has never had.

Its all a game. He loves wagner, wagner winning wouldnt hurt either cowell or the x factor, nor would it end it, viewing figures this year are at record levels in fact, its more likely to have more joke acts next time not less.

Voting for wagner because people like him isnt killing anything any more than voting one direction (who after last night I would say are musically less talented and the real joke act), voting for wagner, or anyone, as some sort of protest though, well that's just giving someone you dont like money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Noer has Cowell. The man used to manage Zig and Zag for gods sake, its delusional to think giving him money (voting) could take away something he has never had.

Its all a game. He loves wagner, wagner winning wouldnt hurt either cowell or the x factor, nor would it end it, viewing figures this year are at record levels in fact, its mor elikely to have more joke acts next time not less.

Voting for wagner because people like him isnt killing anything any more than voting one direction 9who after last night I would say are musically less talented and the real joke act), voting for wagner, or anyone, as some sort of protest though, well that's just giving someone you dont like money.

What's wrong with Zig and Zag?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's really annyoing how people deliberatly do that . I can't help think 'Don't ruin it for everyone' :mad:
  • Options
    lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    For the nth time, the two are UNRELATED!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he wins the show will come back next year as usual and it will do absolutely nothing to its popularity.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool who is easily parted from his money.

I don't actually mind if Wagner wins - when all is said and done, the judges put him through, and so far he has had enough votes (whatever the reason behind those votes) to stay in so in that sense its perfectly fair.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Don't really appreciate a decent band like RATM being tainted with the Wagner brush. Part of the reason why it succeeded was because people outside of the campaign also found the song quite appealing, hence why the Wagner thing won't have the same success.

Plus I don't think it's nice to purposely try and ruin other people's viewing pleasure. Fair enough if certain people don't like the show, but taking it away from other people aswell is rather selfish me thinks. ;)
    Part of the reason why X Factor has so much influence is because people enjoy watching it, no matter how manipulated it is.
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Yeah it wouldn't put an end to it at all.

If that happened and it was a big problem, then next yeah just don't put a silly act through.
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not surprised, given the uber-manipulated crap it's become over the last couple of years.

Waggers FTW :)

I feel sorry for Wagner as he is bieng hyped up and also being laughed at by many. I find the use another human being to satisfy the desires of those wishing to diss SC quite sad. ;););)
  • Options
    almostblondealmostblonde Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Don't forget that it is the mentors/judges who put them through, so all they need to do is not put the "jokey" acts through. It is done deliberately and it is working.

I am sure Louis was told to put Wagner through, after all he had one or two other decentish singers in his category. Wagner has been a real money spinner this year!

After all not only are they making money from his votes but people are voting extra hard for their own favourites because of him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mitacond wrote: »
    I feel sorry for Wagner as he is bieng hyped up and also being laughed at by many. I find the use another human being to satisfy the desires of those wishing to diss SC quite sad. ;););)

Do you agree with what Matt said about Wagner?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that some people are stupid enough and have enough disposable income to waste on something that will have very little relevance or impact on their life .. but I guess it's their money to do what they want with
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't really appreciate a decent band like RATM being tainted with the Wagner brush. Part of the reason why it succeeded was because people outside of the campaign also found the song quite appealing, hence why the Wagner thing won't have the same success.

Plus I don't think it's nice to purposely try and ruin other people's viewing pleasure. Fair enough if certain people don't like the show, but taking it away from other people aswell is rather selfish me thinks. ;)
    Part of the reason why X Factor has so much influence is because people enjoy watching it, no matter how manipulated it is.

I agree however its not really Wags fault he is being used by those trying to get back at SC. ';);)
  • Options
    CorkonionCorkonion Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wagner did a fine job on his first song last night, if his mentor had any crebability he would give him better material and support him instead of making him look silly....C'MON THE LOAF
  • Options
    SlimSimSlimSim Posts: 3,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Wagner did win I wounder if they would actually let him release an album or would Simon just buy him out and wash his hands?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    eduble wrote: »

I am not going over old ground - one should look forward not backwards.;);););)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not the RATM shower, it's the pesky Iluminati.
  • Options
    CorkonionCorkonion Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eduble wrote: »
    Matt is just another contestant, who has no right to diss his competition.... its the publics choice...not Matts
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SlimSim wrote: »
    If Wagner did win I wounder if they would actually let him release an album or would Simon just buy him out and wash his hands?

SC could hide him and not release an album. ;) SC is the boss not Wag.;)
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

Nor has Cowell. The man used to manage Zig and Zag for gods sake, its delusional to think giving him money (voting) could take away something he has never had.

Its all a game. He loves wagner, wagner winning wouldnt hurt either cowell or the x factor, nor would it end it, viewing figures this year are at record levels in fact, its more likely to have more joke acts next time not less.

Voting for wagner because people like him isnt killing anything any more than voting one direction (who after last night I would say are musically less talented and the real joke act), voting for wagner, or anyone, as some sort of protest though, well that's just giving someone you dont like money.

Quite why anyone does not realise the truth of the highlighted statement is a mystery to me. Next year we can expect the even less talented younger brothers of Jedward, Wagnita who is Wagner's twin sister and the return of the granny who sang about a gangbang in the top 12. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    What credibility?

The purpose of the show is purely to make money. There's no artistic or musical credibility to it whatsoever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    I can't believe that some people are stupid enough and have enough disposable income to waste on something that will have very little relevance or impact on their life .. but I guess it's their money to do what they want with

Someone could quite as easily say they can't believe how stupid YOU are for watching XF fullstop. Why the need to insult all the time? It just weakens your arguments child :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    I bought the RATM song last year (or rather, I used a free Nokia offer to purchase 10 copies of it :p ), but the campaign for me was about getting good, original music in an alternative style to the top of the charts for once, and breaking the X-Factor stranglehold on the Xmas #1. It also raised a fair amount for charity.

The Wagner thing is purely about trolling the X-Factor. I don't begrudge people voting for him, but I can't muster the same enthusiasm just to troll. I certainly wouldn't spend good hard-earned cash on Wagner and Simon Cowell every week. I think Simon Cowell will be mildly annoyed if Wagner wins, but given how quickly he disposes of his other artists, I don't think he'll be that put out. What may hurt him will be of his own making - I think the deliberately controversial decisions this year will lead to a drop in viewing figures next year. It won't be a massive drop, but I think this year is the peak.
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The Group Behind it..."

You make it sound like they're the Baader-Meinhof gang or something! :p