ED - Alicia/Priya/David

Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
Forum Member
Is anyone else annoyed with the way everyone in the village is treating Alicia and being all 'poor Priya.' Alicia could have died! It's not as if there was any big affair going on for months either. David realised he actually loved Alicia and not Priya, so he ended it so he could be with Alicia. Alicia was going to leave Dom anyway, but she got shot before she had any chance to. It's not like Alicia caught David in her traps and forced him to dump Priya to be with her. :rolleyes: Last time I checked, almost being killed was worse than not getting married.

Comments

• Gwen_PYCGwen_PYC Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The writing is ridiculous. They are trying to drum up sympathy for Priya who most of the people in the village have had no use for.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alicia hasn't even done anything bad to Priya (apart from the window accusation). Alicia started dating David after he broke up with her and Priya is the one who originally went after a married man. (which seems to have been forgotten).
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »
    Alicia hasn't even done anything bad to Priya (apart from the window accusation). Alicia started dating David after he broke up with her and Priya is the one who originally went after a married man. (which seems to have been forgotten).

The window accusation was justified too because of how drunk she was and the threats she was making at the time! :rolleyes:
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Well, I feel bad for Priya. David led her on for months, left her day before her wedding, and now she is pregnant with his child.

She has to deal with them two breathing down her neck, and no doubt will be made feel guilty for daring to be pregnant, when Alicia can't.
  • misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I feel bad for Priya. David led her on for months, left her day before her wedding, and now she is pregnant with his child.

She has to deal with them two breathing down her neck, and no doubt will be made feel guilty for daring to be pregnant, when Alicia can't.

I don't like Priya but completely agree with you. The downside is because she is pregnant she now has a story line and a reason to stay :( I hope we are not going to have to endure David dithering for the next nine months as to whether he should return to Priya for the 'baby's sake' :mad:
  • melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont think everyone in the village is against alicia- only the people who are obviousley going to have a reason to be. - priyas amily, alicias spurned bf. dont think anyone else is!
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    The writers completely making everyone forget about Alicia dying is ridiculous.

Yes, I feel bad for Priya, but Alicia did not cheat with David while Priya was with him. Priya also knew Alicia had a soft spot for him, but she ignored this, so in a way, she knew David and Alicia could end up together. It would have been a lot worse for Priya, if David married her, then ended it, or cheated on her.
    Forum Member

Yes, I feel bad for Priya, but Alicia did not chat with David while Priya was with him. Priya also knew Alicia had a soft spot for him, but she ignored this, so in a way, she knew David and Alicia could end up together.

I just can't hold Priya responsible for not being in the clear of how David and Alicia felt for each other. I mostly hold David responsible, he is the one who re-proposed to Priya. He let her on for months. Priya is not a psychic or mind reader, she went by what was told to her, and David told her he wanted to be with her, to marry her, well until the day before their wedding.

Blaming Priya is just wrong, and she actually has the right to hate David and Alicia. She is left with her heart broken, humiliated, and now pregnant.
    Forum Member
    I just can't hold Priya responsible for not being in the clear of how David and Alicia felt for each other. I mostly hold David responsible, he is the one who re-proposed to Priya. He let her on for months. Priya is not a psychic or mind reader, she went by what was told to her, and David told her he wanted to be with her, to marry her, well until the day before their wedding.

Blaming Priya is just wrong, and she actually has the right to hate David and Alicia. She is left with her heart broken, humiliated, and now pregnant.

I am not putting all the blame on Priya, but she knew David and Alicia had feelings for each other. She knew, but chose to wear rose tinted glasses and go ahead with the wedding. David did the right thing in the end and dumped Priya. The shooting incident made him come to his senses in the end and he realised he loved Alicia.

Yes, David has hurt Priya, but at least he didn't cheat on her, neither did Alicia. Alicia certainly does not deserve to be treated the way she is, considering she did not cheat with David, while he was with Priya.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,777
    Forum Member

Hardly surprising the viewers forget though is it ? One minute she's almost dead, the next she's out of hospital and after a few days at home back at work where she was shot in the first place.

Unrealistic writing if you ask me, almost as bad as Corrie.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not putting all the blame on Priya, but she knew David and Alicia had feelings for each other. She knew, but chose to wear rose tinted glasses and go ahead with the wedding. David did the right thing in the end and dumped Priya. The shooting incident made him come to his senses in the end and he realised he loved Alicia.

Yes, David has hurt Priya, but at least he didn't cheat on her, neither did Alicia. Alicia certainly does not deserve to be treated the way she is, considering she did not cheat with David, while he was with Priya.

Yes, I totally agree with this. Fact is, the only one to blame for all of this is the spineless wuss, David, (hot as he may be).

I know there is no malice in him - just the opposite. He is too damn nice. He actually 'proposed' to Priya by accident and she jumped on it like a shark on a tadpole. But she isn't stupid and must have noticed over the last few months his lack of enthusiasm about the wedding. Has he ever even once said, 'I can't wait until we're married and together forever', (ie the sort of thing actual lovers say to each other 10 times a day).

Truth is, Priya knew all along that David had very strong feelings for Alicia, but having pursued him all along, (even when he was married to Alicia), she had to pretend to ignore that small fact.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Hardly surprising the viewers forget though is it ? One minute she's almost dead, the next she's out of hospital and after a few days at home back at work where she was shot in the first place.

Tbf, I think in this case ED made it last longer than most soaps ever do. She was in hospital for quite a while and for a good while after she was discharged, she was constantly wincing and clutching her side etc.

Soaps simply have to compress time scales in order to move things along. You only have to read any DS Soap thread to see how short the average viewer's attention span is. 'Boring', 'how long are they gonna drag this out', etc etc ad infinitum. (All born out of the fact that said viewers have had ridiculously advance notice of spoilers and once they know the outcome, they're not interested in seeing it play out). :(
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Yes, I totally agree with this. Fact is, the only one to blame for all of this is the spineless wuss, David, (hot as he may be).

I know there is no malice in him - just the opposite. He is too damn nice. He actually 'proposed' to Priya by accident and she jumped on it like a shark on a tadpole. But she isn't stupid and must have noticed over the last few months his lack of enthusiasm about the wedding. Has he ever even once said, 'I can't wait until we're married and together forever', (ie the sort of thing actual lovers say to each other 10 times a day).

Truth is, Priya knew all along that David had very strong feelings for Alicia, but having pursued him all along, (even when he was married to Alicia), she had to pretend to ignore that small fact.

Yep, you are right. David is really the only one to blame for this. But, Priya did not help herself, this is all I am saying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »

This. Priya was more than happy to take him from Alicia.
  • JohnMc1JohnMc1 Posts: 943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gwen_PYC wrote: »
    The writing is ridiculous. They are trying to drum up sympathy for Priya who most of the people in the village have had no use for.

Sometimes I think Blackburn is still running the show.
    Forum Member

Having rose tinted glasses on is one of the least offensive things people do on soaps. Yes, Priya wanted to get married with David, and believed him when he proposed to her the second time, that he really wanted to marry her too.

David's biggest problem is the lack of backbone and courage. He thought it would be easier to lead Priya on than admit to his real feelings for Alicia earlier. And no, he didn't just wake up to them after the shooting, he knew looong time ago, when Priya dumped him for it, and was leaving town. He was just too cowardly to be single and let Priya go then, like he should have.
  • ladyinredladyinred Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    I just can't take to Priya. She has an extremely nasty side to her character. Remember how she went out of her way to rub Alicia's nose in the wedding plans when she knew that A still cared about David.

The baby is presumably David's although she did go off on that pre-wedding jaunt for a while!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's Dom that's getting on my wick, he sulks worse than my little girl.

He treated Alicia like crap for most of the ten minutes he was with her, especially over his idiot daughter's abortion - yet wanders around like a spoilt kid that's had his chips stolen.

Priya I can sympathise with to an extent, she was all but up the aisle with David & is now pregnant, but that Dom one needs a seriously good kicking.
    Forum Member
    ladyinred wrote: »
    I just can't take to Priya. She has an extremely nasty side to her character. Remember how she went out of her way to rub Alicia's nose in the wedding plans when she knew that A still cared about David.

The baby is presumably David's although she did go off on that pre-wedding jaunt for a while!

Alicia has a nasty side to her as well. She was absolutely HORRIBLE when she was dating Andy, and making parenting choices and decisions without asking Debbie if they were ok. She stepped on Debbie's toes so many times, and tried to act like Sarah's mother.
  • Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Priya has always known deep down that David had best friend/love/confused feelings for Alycia. They were married for gods sake, you dont marry your best friend on a whim unless you care about them very deeply.

Every person is in control of their own contraception - its not like Davids told her to do one, i think hes been very sensative/diplomatic and honest the way hes been treating Preeya since finding out. I also think Alycias been very mature about it too thinking about Davids happiness over her own insecurities (a baby could always bring them back together again in the future which no doubt Alycia realises, but shes still telling him to have the child and be honest)

Ive never taken to Preeyas character i hate the way she looks down her nose at people (although shes got slightly better ) i actually think the 3 of them could actually work, and i am warming to P slightly:D
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »

No, FM Lover, not as bad as Corrie; they don't seem to have any 'actors' over the age of 10 at present. Where was Alicia shot? yes, I know in the Woolpack, but where on her body? Maybe the trauma of being shot will make her fertile.
    Forum Member
    No, FM Lover, not as bad as Corrie; they don't seem to have any 'actors' over the age of 10 at present. Where was Alicia shot? yes, I know in the Woolpack, but where on her body? Maybe the trauma of being shot will make her fertile.

In her stomach.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having rose tinted glasses on is one of the least offensive things people do on soaps. Yes, Priya wanted to get married with David, and believed him when he proposed to her the second time, that he really wanted to marry her too.

David's biggest problem is the lack of backbone and courage. He thought it would be easier to lead Priya on than admit to his real feelings for Alicia earlier. And no, he didn't just wake up to them after the shooting, he knew looong time ago, when Priya dumped him for it, and was leaving town. He was just too cowardly to be single and let Priya go then, like he should have.

This you can already see him trying to keep Priya sweet. I gurantee you'd be will be back in Pryia's bed this time next year.

He seems so pathetic right now. I can see him when the baby comes, treating Alicia bad.

Can't stand him tbh, just like Darren in Oaks and most men in soaps no backbone at all.
    Forum Member
    This you can already see him trying to keep Priya sweet. I gurantee you'd be will be back in Pryia's bed this time next year.

He seems so pathetic right now. I can see him when the baby comes, treating Alicia bad.

Can't stand him tbh, just like Darren in Oaks and most men in soaps no backbone at all.

Damn, I was cheering for him when he finally got the balls to dump Priya and be with who he loved rather than dithering about and staying in a relationship just to keep Priya happy. I know he doesn't like to rock the boat and make someone unhappy, but I thought we finally got somewhere with David. I hope they don't try to push him back to Priya now with the baby. :( They did seem a bit too comfortable together last night in the cafe.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What can Alicia really do, she'd have no say in Priya going to appointments etc. Or she can do is be there for David.

Im sure Jakeh will cause a fuss when the baby is born, causing him to chose etc.
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Is anyone else annoyed with the way everyone in the village is treating Alicia and being all 'poor Priya.' Alicia could have died! It's not as if there was any big affair going on for months either. David realised he actually loved Alicia and not Priya, so he ended it so he could be with Alicia. Alicia was going to leave Dom anyway, but she got shot before she had any chance to. It's not like Alicia caught David in her traps and forced him to dump Priya to be with her. :rolleyes: Last time I checked, almost being killed was worse than not getting married.

Who has done that? Not 1 person as far as i can remember. Only two people are Dom and Priya and Dom has not really said much. No one else has said anything.

Spot on, David is a creep and im sure he'll dump Alica if Leyla came back saying "It was akways you i loved"

Who is doing that though? Only Pryia and rightly so she is upset. its no like anyone in town has subbed Alica.
    Rossy22 wrote: »
    This. Priya was more than happy to take him from Alicia.

Not really, David told her he did not love Alica and tjhe marriage was fake. She clearly was having fun with him at that stage. doubt she thought she end up falling for him.
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Damn, I was cheering for him when he finally got the balls to dump Priya and be with who he loved rather than dithering about and staying in a relationship just to keep Priya happy. I know he doesn't like to rock the boat and make someone unhappy, but I thought we finally got somewhere with David. I hope they don't try to push him back to Priya now with the baby. :( They did seem a bit too comfortable together last night in the cafe.
    Meanwhile, David attempts to tell Priya that he is engaged to Alicia, but cannot summon the courage when he sees her suffering from pregnancy symptoms with sick in her hair.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/spoilers/a530383/jai-plummets-into-an-icy-lake.html

This is why David annoys me he always seems to chicken out of things.