Comments

• hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what a load of rubbish
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do usually love Ant and Dec but i don't think this show has been very good so far. Having said that it is better than anything else on tonight.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    td1983 wrote: »
    Jim Carrey, I think.

If that was Jim Carrey, Madame Tussaud's has seriously gone down the drain.... Too much money ripped off the public means, in their minds, people will recognise the waxwork even if it's rubbish as long as there is a label to identify the person
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stealing ideas? How many new ideas are there on TV that 1) are actually 'new' and 2) new and enjoyed by people? You only have to look at pessimistic people on here to see that everyone hates something new.

Who cares if it's not original, it's entertaining, which is what you from a Saturday night show.

it just smacks of laziness and appealing to the masses
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    it just smacks of laziness and appealing to the masses

God forbid a prime time Saturday evening show on National Television should appeal to the masses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't do this, heights terrify me
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ant is always better at heights tasks than Dec.
  • jamiepr74jamiepr74 Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    I am enjoying the show, but I am finding that it's all a bit incestuous isn't it?

It's "Saturday Night Takeaway, featuring The X Factor & Britain's Got Talent"

Dermot O'Leary - X Factor
    Olly Murs - The Xtra Factor
    Stephen Mulhern - Britain's Got More Talent
    Cheryl Fernandez Versini (future episode) - The X Factor
    Ed Sheeran - The X Factor

Have I missed anyone else??
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    jamiepr74 wrote: »
    I am enjoying the show, but I am finding that it's all a bit incestuous isn't it?

Was with you until the last one. What does Sheeran have to do with X Factor?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    God forbid a prime time Saturday evening show on National Television should appeal to the masses.

they should just repeat the last series if they are not going to bring anything new to the show, but if it appeals to a certain class of people and they enjoy it then you can understand, oh look a squirrel
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I can't believe stunts like this are allowed still - have they forgotten The Late Late Breakfast Show tragedy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe stunts like this are allowed still - have they forgotten The Late Late Breakfast Show tragedy?

its gonna happen eventually
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamiepr74 wrote: »

Anyone know if they know Simon Cowell ?
  • jamiepr74jamiepr74 Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Was with you until the last one. What does Sheeran have to do with X Factor?

He was a guest performer in last year's final with Ed Haenow......
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Proper Saturday night telly... about time too!
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried entering that Ant V Dec competition and in my browser it came back "Not found, try again" I tried again and made sure I clicked all the agreements and it still came back "Not Found, Try again"
  • FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they should just repeat the last series if they are not going to bring anything new to the show, but if it appeals to a certain class of people and they enjoy it then you can understand, oh look a squirrel

Certain class of people? Oh do grow up.

One of the main appeals of this show is chaotic nature that live TV brings. How would repeating the previous series do this and ITV any good?
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if they know Simon Cowell ?

Yeah they're on very good terms with him. He usually appears at least once a series and Ant & Dec do BGT etc.

I didn't realise but SNT is produced by Ant & Dec's own company "Mitre Television".
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bless ya for trying, but you might need a new rod, and probably some decent bait.
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,564
    Forum Member

Do you not get it that lots of youngsters haven't seen a lot of these things before and that they really enjoy seeing them?
    Jeez you could grump for Britain!
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Is anyone else having trouble registering their Ant v Dec vote?

YES!!
    ursula321 wrote: »
    I think he looked quite cocky before he knew it was Ant and Dec.

I thought so too!
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was a member of the public though, not a presenter (don't think you'd ever catch Mr. Edmonds doing an AvD style challenge) so it's up to them if they want to risk 'endangering' themselves. Not that they're ever in any real danger, there's no way ITV would allow it, seeing as they'd be dead in the water without Ant and Dec!
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone else having trouble registering their Ant v Dec vote?

Yep, mine kept coming back "Not found, try again" How on earth this lady got through I have no idea!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One of the main appeals of this show is chaotic nature that live TV brings. How would repeating the previous series do this and ITV any good?

i don't really understand the relevance of ''oh do grow up'' is it just one of them sayings people throw out there when they are stuck to make their point? anyway...

if itv repeated an episode from last year without you knowing would you be able to distinguish between the two, doubt it

anyway I've made my point :D
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If viewers like it then that's what matters, a lot more people avoid Ant Dec than watch them - buts that's true of every show.

Personally I have never found their forced humour funny - but I know the odd person that does enjoy them...