Options

Does anyone else think tea (the drink) is disgusting?

Comments

• Options
    Andy CarltonAndy Carlton Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skreepers wrote: »
    I hate it! I can't understand the obsessiveness (not a word?) with this drink! Everyone seems to say..sure we'll have a brew...i'll just stick on the kettle...would you like a cup of tea??

I can't stand it. The taste simply isn't nice. Am I alone with this thought?

I drink neither tea or coffee and the smell of tea makes me want to heave. I must be totally alergic to it.

Everytime i hear the sponsors on Absolute radio (Twix & tea) it churns my stomoach... ewww... :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand tea or coffee.

I think if you are given it as a child, then you are more likely to like it as an adult. I never had it as a child, and thus, don't like it now.

Perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate it! I can't understand the obsessiveness (not a word?) with this drink! Everyone seems to say..sure we'll have a brew...i'll just stick on the kettle...would you like a cup of tea??

Yup I dont like tea or coffee either. Cant stand them. Yuck.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't stand tea or coffee.

I like biscuits dipped in tea though. :o
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AaronG wrote: »
    Tea is tea innit. Not my favourite drink but it's alright. I hate people who make a fuss over which tea they have and how it's made.

"oooh no I don't want this brand of cola.....gosh you're putting in the ice first? I never do that, I can't drink my cola if you put the ice in the glass first..."

If that happened we'd roll up a newspaper and twack someone around the head for being a pest yet if we make someone a cup of tea we'll happy allow the to moan about putting the milk in first or last, what brand it is ect.

I disagree.

There is certainly a difference regarding the brands.

I drink Twinings. I like tea and it's vastly different from the cheaper PG or Typhoo etc.

That's not being snobbish. It's just preferring the flavour.
  • Options
    Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate tea and coffee and never drink either. I like hot chocolate though.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot put the milk in first :eek:!

I loves tea :D.
  • Options
    Andy CarltonAndy Carlton Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good cup of tea is the answer to all of the world's problems

It is if you are a TV soap fan...almost every soap has a "i'll put the kettle on" during a crisis which attempts to resolve the situation....until the next one...then it's "i'll put the kettle on" :p

Tea must work wonders..but try putting the kettle on for all the Woolies staff that are now in the dole queue...:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    I'm actually drinking a nice cup of tea while reading this! :D
  • Options
    SWMBOSWMBO Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    I much prefer loose tea to teabags as the bags seem to be full of tea dust and lack flavour.

I read somewhere that a particular famous lady likes to mix Assam and Earl Grey tea. I tried it and it tastes really nice. I use 2 tsps of each in a large tea pot.

I also like green tea as that is meant to be good for the body.

I don't really like the fruit teas as they tend to give me dreadful windy pops.
  • Options
    Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I Like a nice cup of tea. Earl Grey is my favorite ever since my Gran would make it when I went to visit.

I am sorry that you don't like tea because I think of it as our national drink.

I think that out of a sense of duty to your country you really should try harder to like tea.

Perhaps you should try out different blends and types of tea. Experiment with methods of making tea and the various ratios of mikk and sugar etc.

I have not read the rest of the thread because I simply don't believe that there will be anybody else out there that doesn't like tea and you are in fact on your own on this one in the entire country.

Honestly, don't like tea. I've never heard the like.:)
  • Options
    QuiggletQuigglet Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I hate tea!

I drank it up to about the age of eight when I had an illness (cold, flue, other) and just went off it and fancied a coffee.

After the illness, even the smell of tea can make me physically sick. It was bad when I visited friends houses and their parents would automatically make me a cup of tea without asking. Being young and polite I would often force myself to drink it and to me that was the same as having to drink cold puke!

Now as an adult I would tell the person that I don't drink tea and that maybe they should have actually asked before just serving it up.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quigglet wrote: »
    Yes I hate tea!

I drank it up to about the age of eight when I had an illness (cold, flue, other) and just went off it and fancied a coffee.

After the illness, even the smell of tea can make me physically sick. It was bad when I visited friends houses and their parents would automatically make me a cup of tea without asking. Being young and polite I would often force myself to drink it and to me that was the same as having to drink cold puke!

Now as an adult I would tell the person that I don't drink tea and that maybe they should have actually asked before just serving it up.

You sure your forum name shouldn't be "quisling"?

Hate tea, what's this country coming to. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a cup of coffee at 10 am and a cup of tea at 3pm - ooh, only 11 minutes to go! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    You cannot put the milk in first :eek:!

I loves tea :D.

What kind of a freak would put the milk in first?!! :eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheap and nasty tea like Tetly is horrible. But a good quality tea is great. Even something like PG Tips is good enough!
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally! I've found people who hate tea like me! Can't stand tea, coffe or hot chocolate. All taste like mucky water. That said, I love the smell of coffee when I walk into a bookshop!

I've got this really embarrassing friend who describes tea as 'delicious' and for some reason I always do vomit burp when he says that! :D
  • Options
    MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could live without my cuppa.

Its got to come in a mug, made with a tea bag, be strong with milk and 2 sugars.
  • Options
    Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laura:) wrote: »
    What kind of a freak would put the milk in first?!! :eek::eek:

One puts the milk in first if you have made your tea in a pot.

It's the right way to do it apparantly.
  • Options
    MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I grew up in a "tea" household, the kettle was constantly on. Never liked the stuff, even the smell can make be feel slightly nauseous.

Coffee on the other hand - drink it all the time but it has to be black, very bitter and no niceties such as milk and sugar :-)
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A cup of tea is only "Good" if its made how you like it

To me you need to add milk , sugar and the tea bag to the cup a few mins BEFORE adding boiling hot water , others will add milk AFTER the water

I like mine Milky with just one 1 sugar whilst , my wife likes
    hers with less Milk and 2 sugars which I dislike

If i drink hers she pulls a face and vice versa , maybe the op needs to
    experiment as to what they like and how they like it made ?

Then again I only drink tea if I am eating ,
    non of this 6 cups a day for the sake of it
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to like tea - I like the idea that it's comforting and relaxing or refreshing and that it can be drank socially.

But...it has an odd smell to me...almost like seashells :confused:..and I feel a bit ill after drinking it. Ditto coffee. Black or white, it makes me nausious and I'm a bit jealous when I see people dunking buscuits and going "hmmm - lovely!"

(Not allergic to caffiene though..coz 3 Red Bull make me feel fiiiiiiiiiiiiine :D )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Love Love it , although my mum always makes me a cup and i get distracted and it ends up stone cold ! she gets really annoyed with me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love a good panad :p Strong, three sugars :o The only bad thing about tea is the arguments it causes, we usually have long debates about who's turn it is to make it. I'm a full addict and proud lol.
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love tea and hate coffee. I always make tea in a teapot with loose tea. It doesn't matter which brand. (I use Tesco's own label) as long as it is brewed for the right amount of time. Milk in cup first, one sugar - aaaah lovely!