Will Val be back? (ED)

dmbowensdmbowens Posts: 574
Forum Member
✭✭
It's been reported Charlie Hardwick was leaving Emmerdale for 3 months to do a play. But watching her interview on 'This Morning' today, it didn't appear like there are any definite plans for her to come back.

Hope she doesn't go the same way as Doug Potts.

Comments

• summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    She was probably wanting to make it sound like Val may or may not be back to make it sound more exciting for viewers.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope she does come back
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wondered this to. I hadnt seen anything saying she was off for 3 months and assumed that this exit was final.

Whatever happened to Doug Potts? Was it revealed that he was taking a break from the show and he never returned?
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    and Louise? This may be well known as I'm not a big Emmerdale viewer but did anyone ever mention that she wasn't coming back?
  • dmbowensdmbowens Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever happened to Doug Potts? Was it revealed that he was taking a break from the show and he never returned?

That's right. He was going off for 5 months and hasn't been seen since, that was 12 months ago.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dmbowens wrote: »
    That's right. He was going off for 5 months and hasn't been seen since, that was 12 months ago.

I see, come to think of it didnt his ex-wife Hilary not recieve a proper exit either? I remember her storming off in a huff after falling out with Laurel and she never returned. Doug later got a phone call off her asking for a divorce, seemed odd that their 40+ year marriage ended on a whim.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    I'm sure she'll be back.