Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry if my view upsets you.:o

It doesn't upset me, it bores me rigid that you can't ever justify your comments. It's not too far removed from trolling imo. :)
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    So Junior's the only kid who stamps his feet when he wants something? :rolleyes: Come on. The point is, it's Pete telling us this. He offering his kid up on a plate to be judged. Judge Pete, leave Junior alone.

I think this is the crux of it.
    There can't be many of us whose child hasn't at one time or another thrown a bit of a tantrum because they wanted something.
    The difference in this case is that the child's father has DELIBERATELY put his child's behaviour into the public arena.
    He can hardly be surprised when people judge the child as well as him - even though it is in no way the child's fault.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry if my view upsets you.:o

Don't apologise for having an opinion DD .. Peter isn't doing his child any favours here and is implying himself ..Junior is so spoilt he demands and he gets..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is the crux of it.
    There can't be many of us whose child hasn't at one time or another thrown a bit of a tantrum because they wanted something.
    The difference in this case is that the child's father has DELIBERATELY put his child's behaviour into the public arena.
    He can hardly be surprised when people judge the child as well as him - even though it is in no way the child's fault.

Yes, exactly. It's a bit tragic that some people can't separate the two things. Having a go at DOTY is fine, he more than deserves it, having a go at a small kid who has no control over how he's presented publicly is not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, exactly. It's a bit tragic that some people can't separate the two things. Having a go at DOTY is fine, he more than deserves it, having a go at a small kid who has no control over how he's presented publicly is not.

His father shouldn't put his child's behaviour out there if he doesn't want people to make any comments... He is the one to blame ..don't blame people for making comments about it ..blame the DOTY ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definition of a Brat... One who always gets what they want ..If they don't they will stamp their feet and complain.. Until they do ...

Disclaimer ... This is not about any one particular person..it's just a general post for those who may not of been clear what a brat is
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His father shouldn't put his child's behaviour out there if he doesn't want people to make any comments... He is the one to blame ..don't blame people for making comments about it ..blame the DOTY ..

But this is the whole point BB.
    I don't think that anyone is saying that Junior's behaviour is much different from most children's.
    The problem is that people are reacting to it by criticising Junior's behaviour, rather than the fact that
    a) His father has voluntarily put the child in the public arena.
    b) All of Junior's behaviour is a direct result of his parenting - so the REAL culprits are the MOTY and the DOTY who have made him what he is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But this is the whole point BB.
    I don't think that anyone is saying that Junior's behaviour is much different from most children's.
    The problem is that people are reacting to it by criticising Junior's behaviour, rather than the fact that
    a) His father has voluntarily put the child in the public arena.
    b) All of Junior's behaviour is a direct result of his parenting - so the REAL culprits are the MOTY and the DOTY who have made him what he is.

Which is exactly what I have wrote.. Junior behaves how he is allowed to by his dad..And like it or not ...people will form an opinion of junior because of what his father puts out there and people will comment..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definition of a Brat... One who always gets what they want ..If they don't they will stamp their feet and complain.. Until they do ...
    Which is exactly what I have wrote.. Junior behaves how he is allowed to by his dad..And like it or not ...people will form an opinion of junior because of what his father puts out there and people will comment..

BB - I know it's a fine line, but maybe you should stick to calling PA names, not Junior.:)
    I am more than happy to supply you with as many suggestions as you need.;)
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Princess: Daddy can I have a unicorn for my birthday?
    PA: Umm...well I'm not sure..ummm
    Princess: But you got Junior a snake, and I really,really want one and I promise I'll look after it.
    PA: Umm...well no, you can't have a unicorn, because they don't exist.
    Princess: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, it's not fair.
    PA: Umm... yeah , ok you can have one.

Next scene - PA and Gloria trying to work out how to superglue a horn to a pony.

How Funny:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB - I know it's a fine line, but maybe you should stick to calling PA names, not Junior.:)
    I am more than happy to supply you with as many suggestions as you need.;)

Firstly ...I didn't put juniors name to the definition.. It was a general post.. I haven't called junior names ..I have pointed out more than once I blame his dad for allowing any behaviour he isn't happy with.. I also think his dad is wrong for telling the world he gives into his demands even when he knows his child will show no interest in the pet he has asked for in a short time.. That again is his dads fault not juniors.. All children behave how they are allowed to.
    I can't pass comment on how he behaves when with his mother as we are not able to see that..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly ...I didn't put juniors name to the definition.. It was a general post.. I haven't called junior names ..I have pointed out more than once I blame his dad for allowing any behaviour he isn't happy with.. I also think his dad is wrong for telling the world he gives into his demands even when he knows his child will show no interest in the pet he has asked for in a short time.. That again is his dads fault not juniors.. All children behave how they are allowed to.
    I can't pass comment on how he behaves when with his mother as we are not able to see that..

Actually I think that to an extent we can.
    Unless Junior undergoes a complete personality transformation I would imagine that his behaviour when he is with his Mum will be pretty much the same, although we have no idea how she deals with it, because however questionable her motives, we don't get to see her and the children on a regular basis.

Have you given any thought to my A to Z of insulting things to call PA?
    I've got thousands!!;)
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't agree that the children get everything they want whenever they ask for it. For instance there was the episode at the farm where he was under combined pressure from Emily, Junior and Princess to buy a rabbit or guinea pig and they left empty handed. I've no idea what he's like away from the cameras but from the shows I'd say there's times when he's over indulgent but other times when he's pretty strict.

I strongly agree with Lexi's posts that while Pete is to an extent fair game because of how he earns his living, the children are not and it would nice if all posters could agree to keep them off limits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually I think that to an extent we can.
    Unless Junior undergoes a complete personality transformation I would imagine that his behaviour when he is with his Mum will be pretty much the same, although we have no idea how she deals with it, because however questionable her motives, we don't get to see her and the children on a regular basis.

Have you given any thought to my A to Z of insulting things to call PA?
    I've got thousands!!;)

You would be suprised how some kids behave one way with one parent and completely different with another.. .. When my son was with his dad he would be very quiet yet with me he is a chatty so n so.. I do think children behave how they are allowed to with different people

On the A-Z maybe we could put it in print..could be a best seller :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam
    I agree it's Peter who is open to critacism .. But it is Peter who is opening up his child to critacism by writing about him and showing him on tv..
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @JimmyConnors You'll be pleased to hear that Gloria's apparently become a star in the Philppines. Pete was saying on Greg James' show that they watch clips of her on the show and have made banners saying 'We love you Gloria' and 'Give Pete a hug' :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam
    I agree it's Peter who is open to critacism .. But it is Peter who is opening up his child to critacism by writing about him and showing him on tv..

Precisely.
    I think most of us are going around in circles when, for once, we all seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet.
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is with all this is that pete doesn't seem to be able to stop flaunting the children here there and everywhere,so in my opinion the mother should step up and put a stop to it,but she won't because she's off here there and everywhere flaunting harvey,all as bad as each other,can't see it stopping anytime soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    @JimmyConnors You'll be pleased to hear that Gloria's apparently become a star in the Philppines. Pete was saying on Greg James' show that they watch clips of her on the show and have made banners saying 'We love you Gloria' and 'Give Pete a hug' :D:D:D

Maybe we should start a fan club up for Gloria.. Or get CAN to sign her up ;)
    Forum Member
    Personally I don't think Junior is a brat yet, what I would say he is, materialistically very, very spoiled & imo overly confident, some would say you can't be too confident but I think there is a fine line between confidence & cockiness & I do think J at timescrosses this line.
    To resolve being spoiled by "things" is really quite simple, PA grow a backbone & say no once in a while. How to curb what I personally think is cockiness is difficult, Junior is obviously a confident child & has been quite rightly imo been encouraged throughout his life.
    Maybe as another poster pointed out last week, the "showing off" is purely in front of the cameras because in "normal" situations his behaviour is very much complimented so therefore I could be way off the mark & he's just normal kid taking advantage of being in the spot light. I do hope this to be the case.
    In the future what I think would be hugely beneficial to the children is for PA or KP to miss a holiday to Dubia for eg & take both kids to a third world country for a couple of days even, just to show them exactly how lucky they are.
    Forum Member
    SenseiSam wrote: »

That news has delighted me!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way I see it is that if PA wasn't serving Junior up on a plate, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It is entirely PA's fault that his 8yr old kid (thanks, BB ;)) is even being discussed. PA's self-serving lack of judgement is not a good enough reason to justify criticism of a small child, regardless of how he is perceived - which imo is a normal kid in an abnormal situation.

Our leaving the kids out of it is about us, not about PA. And trying to justify criticism of the kids because PA has put them up for comment is just as questionable as PA putting them up for comment in the first place.
    Forum Member
    The way I see it is that if PA wasn't serving Junior up on a plate, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It is entirely PA's fault that his 8yr old kid (thanks, BB ;)) is even being discussed. PA's self-serving lack of judgement is not a good enough reason to justify criticism of a small child, regardless of how he is perceived - which imo is a normal kid in an abnormal situation.

Our leaving the kids out of it is about us, not about PA. And trying to justify criticism of the kids because PA has put them up for comment is just as questionable as PA putting them up for comment in the first place.

Exactly so therefore rightly or wrongly Junior is going to be discussed, if PA didn't put him out there, we'd be struggling to put a face to Junior.
    I hold my hands up & admit I've criticised Juniors behaviour but I can honestly say on each occasion I've done so, it's been in context with what I believe to be the result of poor parenting skills.
    Perhaps it would be better all round if we stuck to having a chortle or whatever about Pete.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel I too have stuck to criticising his parent not Junior.. For it is his daddy who is putting his son on display in the public domain ...
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    So any features in PA's Now column mag about any of his Showbiz good friends?
This discussion has been closed.