Options

Linda Carter's 'traumatic family history' to be explored

Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
http://www.eastendersultra.co.uk/spoiler-linda-stan-trip/4585043273

Wow! Traumatic? Something with her dad maybe? Looking forward to finding out more about Linda.

Comments

• Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Can't wait! Linda has been severely underused so I'm glad we are going to see more Linda and find out about her backstory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's going to be interesting to see if her childhood mirrors Mick's in anyway - did they both bond as children over their dysfunctional childhoods?
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is great as it probably means the new Carters DTC was referring to are Linda's side of the family!
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Linda and Stan....fabulous.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is great that Kellie Bright will get more material to work with. Her minimal scenes these past few months have been nothing short of repetitive and she never really had the chance to shine.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally a storyline for Linda, my favourite Carter! And with Stan in the mix it's bound to be great.
  • Options
    Neu IntentionNeu Intention Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is good to explore more about Linda. I wonder if its more to do with the fire in her pub set off by Shirley? Or something completely different, maybe how her family were when she met Mick and was pregnant with Lee or something.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I'm just hoping its not a child abuse storyline..
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »

Likewise.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »

Indeed, we've had enough of that over the years. All these "damaged goods" gobby women.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just hope Shirley's not her muvva!
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    This is a good idea, I think this is a needed to put Linda up there on the map as one of the greatest landladies. As its the biggest family to ever grace the vic, it's been easy for Linda to get overshadowed by the rest of the Carter family but we know what makes a good pub family is a good pub landlady, i'd like this to be a two-hander I hope it is.....
  • Options
    anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Hope it casts light on her reaction to Johnny's sexuality, that would be nice! She could confront these issues to deal with her own towards her son
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    i just hope Shirley's not her muvva!

:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she has a secret sister suspiciously 14 years older than her I'll roll my eyes so bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think she goes back due to Johnny leaving so I assume her childhood links in with the way she is with Johnny...
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    This is a good idea, I think this is a needed to put Linda up there on the map as one of the greatest landladies. As its the biggest family to ever grace the vic, it's been easy for Linda to get overshadowed by the rest of the Carter family but we know what makes a good pub family is a good pub landlady, i'd like this to be a two-hander I hope it is.....

Sadly Linda is not the landlady. It is Shirley's name above the door, because Mick was too weak to stand up to his sister.
  • Options
    ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad they're doing this. Linda could have become very one dimensional , so they needed to give her some depth.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping its something to do with her dad. Maybe he is estranged from Linda and her mother because he murdered someone and has been or still is in jail?
  • Options
    SuburbanqueenSuburbanqueen Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Great - more chance for her to overact
  • Options
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    Sadly Linda is not the landlady. It is Shirley's name above the door, because Mick was too weak to stand up to his sister.

Sadly, you're wrong on many counts.

Shirley is Mick's mother, not sister. All three of their names are above the door Shirley owns either 20/30%. She win this share by getting the money needed by Mick from Stan.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delighted to hear this but not surprised. I knew dtc would.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing much has been said about Linda's Father and we only know that her Mother is called Elaine.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Sadly, you're wrong on many counts.

Shirley is Mick's mother, not sister. All three of their names are above the door Shirley owns either 20/30%. She win this share by getting the money needed by Mick from Stan.

She doesn't own any of it. Mick and Linda own the property and she is just one of the designated landladies. She has no more rights than Kat or Alfie had. Alfie threw Kat out and Phil threw Alfie out, they owned nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    She doesn't own any of it. Mick and Linda own the property and she is just one of the designated landladies. She has no more rights than Kat or Alfie had. Alfie threw Kat out and Phil threw Alfie out, they owned nothing.

Mick and Linda, own the physical property like Phil did. Whereas, I'm sure Shirley owns a share of the business i.e the public house side of it. I'm sure, because if Shirley had no claim to the pub, her name wouldn't be above the door.