Options

The Big Holby City Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    cloverclover Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwerty21 wrote: »
    Jac and Connie was awesome and we're being spoilt for continuity references at the moment. They've utilised her far better than casualty has in months in one episode.

I agree! I was literally squirming with delight during some of the Jac/Connie scenes. And Joseph keeps being mentioned. Wouldn't it be excellent if he came back? (A girl can dream...).

Episode review here
  • Options
    susanne fansusanne fan Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Random question but for those who have watched for a while (or from the beginning even) whats everyone's favourite series?
  • Options
    qwerty21qwerty21 Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Forgot to say earlier, Guy's chat with Digby as he was trying to save his daughters life. Hilarious!
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't post in here often any more, but I only just got round to watching last night's episode and I want to scream with delight - Connie - I had no idea she was going to be in the episode, I only wish she was back permanently.

Her Elliott moment had me close to tears and the bitching with Jac made me shriek with excitement.

I agree with what others have said, that Connie has been very underused so far in Casualty. I hadn't watched Casualty for many years, but started again as I read that Connie was going to be in it. While she is as fabulous as always, they just don't seem to be filling us in on her back story for the last few years, nor are they giving her great storylines. I just hope that they have something amazing on a slow burner for her to get her teeth into. If not, then I hope they send her back up to the wards on a permanent basis.

And I have to say that Amanda Mealing looks seriously hot with her hair long :)
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello guys

Caught up on last nights episode and boy am I glad I did. Connie is back!!! Only temporary but still a delight to see and good references to Sam, Joseph and Grace there. I don't watch Casualty but I knows she is in that now so I don't know how it's going for her on that show, I wish Holby could have her back instead. I loved her scene with Elliot, I do miss how they interacted together. I remember when Elliot walked out of Holby to bring her back from the private clinic!

As for the other bits, Zosia is a seriously messed up individual but then as is Dom. I hope Digby isn't struck off for what he did. Amy/Harry/Raef yawn AGAIN, have we really got 6 more months of this?!
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Connie doesn't know Jonnie? I didn't think she had been away from Holby for that long.

Connie's last scene at St Pancras station champagne bar with Jac was in 2010 and Jonny arrived in 2012.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Random question for the Holby know it alls...

Who are the two characters who have been on the show the longest who have never interacted with each other.

(I was thinking about Jac and Malick's secret santa scene earlier and it got me thinking about this)
  • Options
    MavisConsuelaMavisConsuela Posts: 1,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Random question for the Holby know it alls...

Who are the two characters who have been on the show the longest who have never interacted with each other.

(I was thinking about Jac and Malick's secret santa scene earlier and it got me thinking about this)

Good question. I'm not sure there is anybody that hasn't had any contact whatsoever but ones I can think of.

Elliot and Sacha have had little to do with each other - they've shared a couple of 'social' scenes like when Jonny announced Jac was pregnant and the Christening but that's all

I can't recall Jonny ever having interacted with Ric and I think Mo only has once when Malick truied to raise the troops to go up against Imelda.

I can only recall Serena interacting with Elliot and Jonny once in a MDT meeting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Good question. I'm not sure there is anybody that hasn't had any contact whatsoever but ones I can think of.

Elliot and Sacha have had little to do with each other - they've shared a couple of 'social' scenes like when Jonny announced Jac was pregnant and the Christening but that's all

I can't recall Jonny ever having interacted with Ric and I think Mo only has once when Malick truied to raise the troops to go up against Imelda.

I can only recall Serena interacting with Elliot and Jonny once in a MDT meeting.

Thanks for the reply.

I had an inkling if anyone knew it would be you, haha
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member

Well helloooooo.....

On a different topic, I loved Connie's disgusted 'Oh...' as she walked into the consultant's office and presumably saw how Jac had changed it in her absence. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reply.

I had an inkling if anyone knew it would be you, haha

Thanks...I think!?!

It might beinteresting to work out the order of service now and then work out how much their paths have crossed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Although I criticism OK a lot I actually think characters having contact or acknowledging each others existence even if only briefly in social scenes or mentions of referrals has improved in the last year or so - you do feel it is one hospital and characters know each other, even if we don't see it on screen.

I love the Justin Young / Jonathan Young time of a few years ago but some characters really could go years without interacting. It was over a year before we had a scene between Sacha and Joseph for example but they acted like they knew each other very well when it did happen. same with Jonny and Sacha so I guess we have to accept that both those men would have met Sacha through Jac if not work. Likewise I think Malick and Jac only shared ( scenes in nearly 3 years, only one of which was one to one dialogue the others social scenes including Sacha's wedding. That is also the only time (plus stag night) that jac ever shared screen space with Hemingway (IIRC) though she mentioned him in dialogue months earlier.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    4 mins in and Serena's already had a fantastic line.

Was Ric killing (I think?) Jess' boyfriend ever resolved?
  • Options
    MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slick Rick is back, YAY
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ric is back!
  • Options
    MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is DI Keeble from Eastenders
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morgsie wrote: »
    That is DI Keeble from Eastenders

I noticed that too!

Did Lucy's killer put her in hospital?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's up with Mo?
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    What's up with Mo?

Jealous I guess over Mr T and that patient

They really need to get together.

ETA Mo and Mr T not him and the patient.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, it's her surrogate son's birthday.
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So lovely to see Ric back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Missed him.

Guy really is a self Important door knob.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jealous I guess over Mr T and that patient

They really need to get together.

ETA Mo and Mr T not him and the patient.

Are they not together yet?

Ever since they kissed, we haven't really see many scenes with them until now. I hope it happens soon.
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Ah, it's her surrogate son's birthday.

I forgot about that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funny that Mo gets the threat of being reported to the GMC for basically behaving the way Jac does every week

I'm interested how much further they can push Zoisa's character before she finally breaks. I kind of wish Digby had just told on her though
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »
    funny that Mo gets the threat of being reported to the GMC for basically behaving the way Jac does every week

I'm interested how much further they can push Zoisa's character before she finally breaks. I kind of wish Digby had just told on her though

I thought exactly the same about Mo. Jac is even worse than Mo.

I wondered whether Zosia has Bi-Poplar as she seems to go up and down with the wind.
This discussion has been closed.