Options

Sky HD installers powerpoint presentation

Comments

• Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky Movies 1 and Sky Movies 2 are two seperate premium channels, come into Currys and we can sign you up to one but not the other. If you subscribe to SM1 you get all other odd channels as a 'bonus' same with SM2 and the even numbered channels. As said it stems from the Sky Premier and Moviemax system, the odd numbered replaced Premier, the even replaced Max. The HD system just seems to take this into account.
  • Options
    AlberonAlberon Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    According to that you have to pay the HD subscription charge to get any FTV HD content by other broadcasters if you don't have a Sky subscription. About what I'd expect though.

Shame the Sky + charge is still there though even though the Sky+ box will be the only type available for HD. Dunno if I'll pay for that. Sky Movies is useless (for me) and Sky Sports doesn't carry the one sport I'm interested in (F1). Though I might subscribe for a while until HD-DVD and Blu-Ray fight it out and a winner reveals itself so I can get a next-gen HDD/DVD recorder.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Everyone,

Just got a call from Sky asking for the link to the power point presentation to be removed - I agree it made for very interesting reading and I am a much wiser person now that I have read a copy :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALanJ wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Just got a call from Sky asking for the link to the power point presentation to be removed - I agree it made for very interesting reading and I am a much wiser person now that I have read a copy :)

Well - how long will another link last then ... ;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    The presentation itself has disapeared from the link URL anyway
    But if you:
    Disconnect from internet
    Click "work offline"
    Click on "fragglerock" in IE history
    Save cached "sky HD" file all 4.63MB of it
    Obviously I have never done this...........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well - with over 3700 views there sure will be at least a couple of hudreds of copies in curculations now anyway ... :p
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky Movies 1 and Sky Movies 2 are two seperate premium channels, come into Currys and we can sign you up to one but not the other. If you subscribe to SM1 you get all other odd channels as a 'bonus' same with SM2 and the even numbered channels. As said it stems from the Sky Premier and Moviemax system, the odd numbered replaced Premier, the even replaced Max. The HD system just seems to take this into account.

Yup. Even though Sky don't advertise you are able to get 1/2 of the movie channels.

Movies 1 gives you Sky movies 1,3,5,7,9
    Movies 2 gives you Sky movies 2,4,6,8,10

Same goes for Sky Sports:

Sports 1 gives you Sky Sports 1,3
    Sports 2 gives you Sky Sports 2,3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    HEC wrote:
    Well - with over 3700 views there sure will be at least a couple of hudreds of copies in curculations now anyway ... :p

Would someone email one to me then?

PM me and I'll give you my email address.

Cheers

John
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    bayards wrote:
    Not Nathan Prendergast! He is Mr M's babysitter.....

Nope lol it would be a Nathan Beahan..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    If there is anyone out there that could send me a copy then send me a PM and I will provide my e-mail address

Thanks In Advance
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    HEC wrote:

The reason it has disappeared from the site is that it used just over 16gb of bandwidth in little over two days, which is about 15.8gb over the limit for two days :rolleyes:

I was only allowed to have my webspace back with that file removed!

For information, it was downloaded 5057 times, and it looks like I can blame this place for most of that :D

Nathan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jpg's of the slides are on

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2307087

if it's any help :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    If it was download 5057 times could anyone of them people send it us by PM lol.

It sound really intresting from the post ive seen. :)
  • Options
    bayardsbayards Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HEC wrote:
    3701 if you include me

H :o
  • Options
    scorpio manscorpio man Posts: 4,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALanJ wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Just got a call from Sky asking for the link to the power point presentation to be removed

AV Forums have had the same Request (or Instructions if you like)

Have SKY got something they don't want Joe public to see or learn ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AV Forums have had the same Request (or Instructions if you like)

Have SKY got something they don't want Joe public to see or learn ?

Indeed - the octo LNB ... :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HEC wrote:
    Indeed - the octo LNB ... :cool:

yes, what IS that?

Does it allow you to record/ distribute more than two channels?

Or is it just better do we know?
  • Options
    digigriffindigigriffin Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The presentation mentioned the octo lnb and how this would have a financial impact if this was installed willy nilly.

The lnb sits in front of you dish and this is what provides the connection for your cables.

Most Sky+ users have a quad lnb already.

So four connections on the lnb.
    Each Sky+ uses 2 connections.

So if like me you have 2 sky+ you are already using your 4 connections on the quad lnb.

If I want another multiroom I will need the octo lnb for more connections.

So basically you should only get an octo lnb if you need more connections that the quad lnb can provide
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It just gives you 8 sat feeds so you cannect 4 sky plus/sky HD boxes or 8 normal boxes or a combination. The presentation suggests the tech will fit it free if you "need" it but they shoulkd not offer to do so (mainly because it will cost them another £100)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    for anyone interested that don't have it there are versions on savefile, rapidshare and megaupload. i imagine sky will have them deleted shortly though

h**p://rapidshare.de/files/15580319/skyhd.rar.html

h**p://www.megaupload.com/?d=S4PON6FZ

h**p://www.savefile.com/files/5618740
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    Yay, thank you, isitaye! I spent an hour last night trying to find a free usenet news service that had access to alt.binaries.satellite-tv

I'm sure Sky will spank you in due course.
    :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rentagas wrote:
    The presentation suggests the tech will fit it free if you "need" it but they shoulkd not offer to do so (mainly because it will cost them another £100)

Well - you can get 0.2 Octo LNB below £50 so I seriously doubt Sky is getting them for £100 ... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They certainly were not worried about the mention of the Octo LNB - which is in my article from a few weeks ago (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds29403.html) the presentation did give the details of the 300Gb disk (160Gb for the user) and also discussed things in the way internal documents do that are not for public consumption.

"you will leave the customers house as clean as - if not cleaner than when you arrived" :) and similar things (overshoes). What was curious is there was none of the paranoid american "cofidential" notices that you often see on such material :) So either someone edited the document before posting it or...

Of course the consipiracy theory nuts amoung you will decide that Sky leaked it then pulled it to make it more real and talked about. If 5,000 people downloaded / viewed the document that means Sky are building the demand they want for the launch. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    ALanJ wrote:
    Of course the consipiracy theory nuts amoung you will decide that Sky leaked it then pulled it to make it more real and talked about. If 5,000 people downloaded / viewed the document that means Sky are building the demand they want for the launch. :)

Cynic :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I would like to apologies the overshoes do exist and I have seen them in use (without prompting). :)