Options

2015 celebrities - Who do we think?

Comments

• Options
    sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paula Radcliffe said that she will be joining the BBC commentary team for next years London Marathon. Big possibility for SCD then!
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose that depends on how her feet are doing :D

I would love to see Jessica Ennis take part - but I guess that is more likely for 2016/17 if it's going to be at all - and Mark Cavendish (even as the biggest ringer ever to ring) :cool:
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone think this could be the year we get Emma Willis.

She has been primed up for BBC television and could do the Show along with BB if it's airing when SCD is on.
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie_ wrote: »
    I was going to mention Meryl... my alltime favourite contestant who has been on one of these shows. I think it's such a shame we seem to have this attitude towards ringers because it was such a deserved win.
    Personally, I love watching contestants with previous dance experience on Strictly. I just prefer their experience to be in different genres to ballroom and latin, because that's what they're supposedly doing Strictly to learn. However, ice dance today and ice dance when Torvill & Dean were competing were two very different things, and I'm not sure that Meryl has the same degree of training in the ballroom and latin dances that Jayne Torvill had, for example Besides, DWTS has moved away from its ballroom/latin beginnings, so any ballroom/latin training Meryl may have had for her competitive skating career is far less relevant on DWTS that it would be on Strictly. Both Meryl and Charlie were amazing on DWTS and I'm just disappointed they didn't both make it to the final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »

She has been primed up for BBC television and could do the Show along with BB if it's airing when SCD is on.

I could see Marvin being a potential.
  • Options
    Jorf68Jorf68 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Like to see someone inspirational such as katie piper or jonnie peacock
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Last year they revealed the first celebrities at the end of August, so only four months to go. :o
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Based on the people who have previously appeared on Strictly the celebs for 2015 will be -

1) Someone from a recently split up/about to split up boy/girl band.
    Any one of The Saturdays who isn't Frankie, any one of McFly who isn't Harry, any one of Mis-teeq who isn't Alesha, Any one of Destiny's Child who isn't Michelle, Any one from Girls Aloud who isn't Kimberley, Any one of Westlife who isn't Nicky, Any one of Blue who isn't Simon.

2) A solo pop star whose career has taken a bit of a nosedive.
    Boy George/Pete Burns

3) A mature actress/singer whose heyday was 20, 30 or 40 years ago
    Michelle Gayle

4) The mother/ex-girlfriend/girlfriend/wife of someone actually famous.
    Andy Murray's wife

5) An aging jockey/snooker player/golfer.
    AP McCoy

6) A recently retired male footballer/rugby player/cricketer/boxer/runner.

7) A recently retired female sports star.
    Paula Radcliffe

8) Someone from Eastenders/Casualty/Holby City/Waterloo Road
    Rosie Marcel

9) Someone from Hollyoaks
    Nikki Sanderson

10) Someone from a breakfast/lightweight magazine type programme
    Louise Minchin

11) Someone mildly surprising from politics/political reporting.
    Sue Jameson, could also be #10

12) A model not in the league of supermodels.
    Sophie Dahl

13) A chef/designer/television expert.
    Lorraine Pascale, could also be #12

14) A comedian/impressionist.
    Debra Stephenson

15) A young-ish presenter/radio DJ.
    Greg James

16) A veteran female television presenter/journalist.
    Anneka Rice

17) A magician/old-school variety act.
    Derren Brown

18) Someone who has just left a big ITV programme.
    Georgia May-Foote

Thought i'd fill this in. :D
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Pete Burns and Ola Jordan please.

Would love Charlotte Crosby as punishment to Brendan.

"Is the ceiling leaking?"

"Na sorry Brendan, I've just pissed myself"

Only way I'd accept her :p
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    I'd love Naga Munchetty from BBC Breakfast, she seems really down to earth and I think she'd give it a good shot. :) She's also pretty much a golf pro, so she can't be too unfit.
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that I necessarily agree but something tells me its only a matter of time before Myleene Klass is asked....
    Mr_XcX wrote: »

I would love Emma to do it - she has a great personality and is not afraid to take the mickey out of herself.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I'll take back my Jermaine Jenas guess for this year (he was on Danny Baker on Saturday and has an injury that would rule him out of Strictly, in his own words, 'for this year' - so my very early guess for next year already in :D ) and replace with Steve Claridge, retired footballer, doing a lot of pundit work for the Beeb, quite an engaging personality, well I like him anyway.
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll take back my Jermaine Jenas guess for this year (he was on Danny Baker on Saturday and has an injury that would rule him out of Strictly, in his own words, 'for this year' - so my very early guess for next year already in :D ) and replace with Steve Claridge, retired footballer, doing a lot of pundit work for the Beeb, quite an engaging personality, well I like him anyway.

From a profile viewpoint, I think they'd be more likely to go for Phil Neville or Ruud Gullit.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    jiroos wrote: »
    From a profile viewpoint, I think they'd be more likely to go for Phil Neville or Ruud Gullit.

Yup, I'd imagine Ruud would be first choice now I think about it - seriously cannot imagine Phil Neville doing latin :o . Still think Jermaine was a good guess, especially as he specifically ruled it out on the radio, which makes me think either 1. he has been asked but can't, or 2. he reads this thread :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt if he'd do it but if he did wouldn't Ruud be more likely to do the Dutch version?

I personally think they've had problems for the last few years trying to get footballers to sign up or even interested - there've been rumours which have come to nothing - the last footballer they had was Robbie Savage and that was yonks ago.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In next week's Radio Times, someone suggested Aidan Turner but then went on to point out that he was a ballroom dancer in his youth and won several prizes, Pity, he would be an asset. Failing that how about Sam Heughan? (Jamie Fraser in Outlander).
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I doubt if he'd do it but if he did wouldn't Ruud be more likely to do the Dutch version?

I personally think they've had problems for the last few years trying to get footballers to sign up or even interested - there've been rumours which have come to nothing - the last footballer they had was Robbie Savage and that was yonks ago.

Robby enjoyed his time on Strictly and Fabrice enjoyed dancing at Christmas, so there hasn't been much reason for footballers not to sign - unless they all have two left feet.:D

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/25/article-2253131-16A69EE2000005DC-91_634x387.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    Robby enjoyed his time on Strictly and Fabrice enjoyed dancing at Christmas, so there hasn't been much reason for footballers not to sign - unless they all have two left feet.:D

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/25/article-2253131-16A69EE2000005DC-91_634x387.jpg

Footballers don't exactly have a great record on strictly do they? It's think Robby and Fabrice are the exceptions and bearing in mind that Robby was just ok - nothing special. I mean I liked Peter Schmeichel but that was because he was so hopeless :D

I can think of quite a few reasons why some retired footballers wouldn't do it. The fact the show is becoming more and more like a manipulated farce. Embarrassment is a big factor too. I think now that his wife has done it they will get Peter Crouch though when he retires ....unfortunately!
  • Options
    Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can think of quite a few reasons why some retired footballers wouldn't do it. The fact the show is becoming more and more like a manipulated farce. Embarrassment is a big factor too.
    Yes, I think potential embarrassment must put quite a few celebs off these days. It used to be that celebs could justify doing Strictly because it was the 'classy' reality show - you learned a skill and the most the men had to worry about was having to wear a lycra shirt with a few sequins on. These days you not only have to worry about maybe being a bad dancer, but potentially doing it while dressed as a crab/Dr Evil/Aladdin/Captain Birdseye etc...
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie1967 wrote: »
    Yes, I think potential embarrassment must put quite a few celebs off these days. It used to be that celebs could justify doing Strictly because it was the 'classy' reality show - you learned a skill and the most the men had to worry about was having to wear a lycra shirt with a few sequins on. These days you not only have to worry about maybe being a bad dancer, but potentially doing it while dressed as a crab/Dr Evil/Aladdin/Captain Birdseye etc...
    Or Mowgli, as per Maks on DWTS *shudders*

That was a truly horrendous costume.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellie1967 wrote: »

Indeed, why would a sports celeb need to put themselves through that when they're already wealthy and we'll respected in their career? They could probably get more money on Saturdays for football punditry anyway.

I really enjoyed Peter Schmeichel as a contestant and I didn't expect to like him at all. It helped that he didn't take himself seriously, he could laugh at himself and he knew he was useless - and people were laughing with him rather than at him. It also helped that the then producers didn't seem to set out to humiliate him.
    memmh wrote: »

Blimey, I'd forgotten about that! No wonder he left the show..again...promptly after winning with his ringer!
  • Options
    Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    memmh wrote: »

:o:o:o I suppose at least he didn't have a little bobbed wig :D I thought the pros on DWTS came up with their own costume concepts - does that mean Maks chose to wear that?

Considering some of the things the pros and celebs go on TV wearing, I'd love to see the costumes (if any) that they refuse to wear. I can't imagine how embarrassing they would have to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Footballers don't exactly have a great record on strictly do they? It's think Robby and Fabrice are the exceptions and bearing in mind that Robby was just ok - nothing special. I mean I liked Peter Schmeichel but that was because he was so hopeless :D

I can think of quite a few reasons why some retired footballers wouldn't do it. The fact the show is becoming more and more like a manipulated farce. Embarrassment is a big factor too. I think now that his wife has done it they will get Peter Crouch though when he retires ....unfortunately!

I thinks some of the problem is that by th time they get to football retirement age, they are already pushing the upper age limits for Strictly winners - and a lot of the time carrying all sorts of old injuries and duff joints.