BB10 Bea in retrospect

2»

Comments

• VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Bea transformed from "Bohemiam Babe to Bitch". It's just that her "bitch" aspect was at first being used against unpopular HMs such as Ken -- to widespread approval.

Some of us warned at the time that people might not be so happy if she turned her tactics on a popular HM instead, and I think we were proved right when she turned them on Freddie.

Anyway, I think there were some interesting things about her, and I remember fondly her battle with Marcus to see who could name the most types of shark.
  • jordanjohnsonjordanjohnson Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been rewatching old clips lately and came across the episode where the family friends messages came up she was hilarious at her overrreaction.

Bizarre behaviour but I did remember loving watching her. I didn’t want her to win. But I didn’t want her to be evicted when she was although it wasn’t obvious she would have been with a vote to evict.

I remember Davina giving her a hard time at her exit interview too. One of the most uncomfortable eviction interviews after Makoksis in my opinion.
  • dan_dan_ Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's one of my favourite housemates of all time, truly odd and unpredictable but great viewing and fascinating throughout.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of those housemates I can't watch without swearing at the telly. Caroline BB13 was another one and we have a thread about her too. Is it BB Superbitch week (ah , I see this is a bumped thread)?
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    One of my favourite BB10 moments was when Bea was tearfully complaining to Marcus about not being respected or something like that. Meanwhile Marcus was sat there staring at the BB picture of himself absolutely fuming and depressed at how he looked. She was getting mad that he wasn't paying her the attention she wanted, so he had a go at her explaining why seeing that picture of himself was so gutting. Just a hilarious moment with two people totally wrapped up in themselves getting angry about nothing in particular.
    I found BB10 kind of tedious during the last few weeks, but ridiculous moments like that between two rather cartoonish characters kept me going.
  • star12umar30star12umar30 Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    I thought she was great viewing and very entertaining. An outstanding housemate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 08/04/19 - 23:29 #33
    Did I miss a chunk of BB10, because I don't remember Noirin treating Siavash nor Marcus terribly?

Indeed she didn't. It was hardly her fault that the pair of them lost their heads around her along with Angel and Freddie and Isaac and the other big guy who's name I can't remember.

Edit - Tom?

As well as half he forum. Noirin was one of the most overrated HMs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 08/04/19 - 23:42 #34
    Bea is probably one of the most awful people theyve ever had on the show but my god she was by far the most compelling housemate that series, I really loved watching her! It was always happening but I was gutted when she went. Such a huge proportion of the vote too, 88% out of three!
    Indeed she didn't. It was hardly her fault that the pair of them lost their heads around her along with Angel and Freddie and Isaac and the other big guy who's name I can't remember.

Edit - Tom?
    Oh god Tom! He was so hot but one of the most non-descript houemates ever, I rememebr him walking was around the time Isaac and Kenneth (within a week or so of each) followed Noirin and Karly out of the house not long after. That series has lots of housemates I just forget about, but it was great.

Tom was ok. Told Marcus some home truths. Gave Sophie some good advice. (I don't recall him falling for Noirin.)

I mostly agree with you about Bea. She was also quirky and interesting. One of my favourite things in BB10 is Bea and Marcus competing to see who could name the most types of shark.

She seemed quite malicious, though, and I don't agree with those who saw a transformation from Bohemiam to Bitch. Instead, she was alwys both but at first user her nastier tactics only on unpopular HMs such as Ken.
  • Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In retrospect I wish I had never seen her. :)
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cats_Eyes wrote: »
    In retrospect I wish I had never seen her. :)

:#

She was vile - I did a lil happy dance when she got booted.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite moment from that series;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KPwoaSXxJw
    That exchange was fab......loved the casualness of those insults without any shouting or screaming.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    That exchange was fab......loved the casualness of those insults without any shouting or screaming.

Thanks for that.👍🏼

Good memories.

Noirin was spot on.

The reaction to her all round was almost the most ridiculous I've seen in the history of BB.

Imagine the reaction had she actually done something wrong?😳
  • StarscreamXStarscreamX Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She thought the moon landing was faked.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »

Thanks for that.👍🏼

Good memories.

Noirin was spot on.

The reaction to her all round was almost the most ridiculous I've seen in the history of BB.

Imagine the reaction had she actually done something wrong?😳

To be fair, Bea's reaction to most things was quite ridiculous too.
    It was fascinating watching the slow realisation of the housemates that they were dealing with someone a little more 'unpredictable' than they initially thought.

What was also rather surprising was seeing Caroline in BB13, with a similar archetype of the bubbly blonde eccentric young posh girl, going down the same path in becoming public enemy no.1. They both got a couple of weeks benefit of the doubt, maybe it was just an off-moment. Only for people to finally give up hope, realizing that 'nope, they're a terror'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm a bit of a rent-a-gob and I do stand my ground but with that woman, she was 6ft of unsettling terror.