Options

Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clever3000 wrote: »
    Now to introduce the neighbours challenge.... See if you can spot a character using a non apple phone, tablet or laptop.......:D

I've tried... and failed! :D
  • Options
    clever3000clever3000 Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »

I remembered Susan having an old Blue Nokia 3100, she kept on using it until a couple of years ago, i remember it as i had one!
  • Options
    Forum Member

I remembered Susan having an old Blue Nokia 3100, she kept on using it until a couple of years ago, i remember it as i had one! Snake on that phone was super, as was the battery life, oh how i miss that phone....:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remembered Susan having an old Blue Nokia 3100, she kept on using it until a couple of years ago, i remember it as i had one!

It's been like it for years though, I'm sure I remember Lynn Scully having an Apple laptop years ago. In lots of shows they cover up the logo with stickers!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's been like it for years though, I'm sure I remember Lynn Scully having an Apple laptop years ago. In lots of shows they cover up the logo with stickers!

There are often questions about the funding of neighbours, perhaps the apple products everywhere have something to do with it???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are often questions about the funding of neighbours, perhaps the apple products everywhere have something to do with it???

You have to have the company's permission to include their products I'm sure of it otherwise Neighbours characters could go around saying things like "Yeah, the iPhone 4s was CRAP!!" which obviously, Apple wouldn't like. Although I'm surprised they don't slag off Samsung as obviously everyone in Ramsay Street must think they're rubbish! :D
    As sponsorship goes it would surely be a good thing to have Apple as they could give Neighbours lots of money, which it seemingly desperately needs with the budget cuts!
  • Options
    ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now to introduce the neighbours challenge.... See if you can spot a character using a non apple phone, tablet or laptop.......:D[/QUOTE

Paige uses a samsung galaxy note 3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chzza wrote: »
    Now to introduce the neighbours challenge.... See if you can spot a character using a non apple phone, tablet or laptop.......:D[/QUOTE

Paige uses a samsung galaxy note 3.

I hate her even more now. :D
  • Options
    tfox6tfox6 Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to have the company's permission to include their products I'm sure of it otherwise Neighbours characters could go around saying things like "Yeah, the iPhone 4s was CRAP!!" which obviously, Apple wouldn't like. Although I'm surprised they don't slag off Samsung as obviously everyone in Ramsay Street must think they're rubbish! :D
    As sponsorship goes it would surely be a good thing to have Apple as they could give Neighbours lots of money, which it seemingly desperately needs with the budget cuts!

It was very prominent around the time Summer Hoyland was working for the Erinsborough News and we had numerous stories centred around Facebook and Twitter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tfox6 wrote: »
    It was very prominent around the time Summer Hoyland was working for the Erinsborough News and we had numerous stories centred around Facebook and Twitter.

Oh right! I stopped watching during the She Who Shall Not Be Named years. :D
  • Options
    Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh right! I stopped watching during the She Who Shall Not Be Named years. :D

Start watching again! It's a shame so many viewers dropped off this forum, you used to get many more opinions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Towie1977 wrote: »
    Start watching again! It's a shame so many viewers dropped off this forum, you used to get many more opinions.

I have! I started watching again after the Turners/Willises arrived. My problem is I'm like a died in the wool old school Dr Who fan. I don't think it can ever be as good as it was in the 80s!!! :D
    I reckon I've forgotten more about Neighbours than most ever knew. I was obsessed for YEARS and could never imagine not watching and then SHE took over and, well...
  • Options
    Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now to introduce the neighbours challenge.... See if you can spot a character using a non apple phone, tablet or laptop.......:D

Paige has a Samsung phone...er, that's it. As far as I'm aware everyone else has Apple phones, tablets and laptops. Paige's phone must be magic because she had it on silent today when Jayden text her and it still beeped. :) Also what was with all the zoom in shots today?
  • Options
    retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    Terese always used to use a Lumia Windows phone, but I haven't seen her use a phone in quite a while.

They really need to end this garage, dimato rubbish now.
  • Options
    tfox6tfox6 Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terese always used to use a Lumia Windows phone, but I haven't seen her use a phone in quite a while.

The problem is that Neighbours producers seize on a story that they think viewers will find interesting (Tomato and the garage, Rani's school play, Space Camp etc.) and then run with it, even though it's clearly the most boring thing on TV.
  • Options
    dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Terese not only has a Lumia phone, she also uses a Microsoft Surface tablet. So, the Willis's are definitely the Microsoft family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dronkula wrote: »
    Terese not only has a Lumia phone, she also uses a Microsoft Surface tablet. So, the Willis's are definitely the Microsoft family.

I'm pretty sure Josh and Imogen have iphones.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    Spill!!!!!
    I don't have details, but, pre-Bower they had access to all the real life backyards, with an agreement with all the owners that gave the show permission to shoot when they wanted to. It had been in place since the show began, and was easily renewed whenever new owners moved in.

Once Bower took over, the use of the backyards started to phase out, with only #30 remaining. It turns out she had managed to piss them all off, and the real life owners (RLO) refused the show filming permissions (with the exception of the driveways). This was one of the reasons why they had to build new backyard sets. Thankfully, it looks like relations between the show and RLO has been fixed, now that we're seeing #24 again.

I just don't understand how anyone could stuff up a simple agreement that had been in place for years. Bower seemed to have a talent for destroying every aspect of the show, and whatever she did must have been big enough to alienate the RLO.
  • Options
    Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Paige has a Samsung, think it's the Galaxy Note
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I hear the world "supplements" one more time, I'm going to kill myself.
    :D:D:D:D

Same here

Or "Dimato" >:(

Or "the baby" :o

After today I'm also including "the surgery". This storyline is becoming tedious, I mostly don't like Daniel but he is become the most likeable of the 3 of them which is a shame because I used to like Amber and Josh. I liked Therese and Daniel's scenes today
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    smfan123 wrote: »
    I liked Therese and Daniel's scenes today
    I really liked their scenes. I hadn't realized how similar their situations are. I'm glad Terese stood up for Daniel, b/c Amber sure as hell isn't. Amber and Josh deserve each other.

I couldn't work out if Brad agreed with the surgery or not. He basically said to Terese that he was siding with her and Lauren b/c he was outnumbered. If he disagreed, then surely he should have said something, as his son could've done with the support. Brad is such a douche. Terese is right: everyone should be able to have an opinion, and Brad made it seem like Terese's opinion wouldn't matter if it concerned Paige or Ned. That's not how co-parenting/blended families should work.

And, Josh is so low selling Kyle illegal supplements. When the s**t hits the fan, I hope Josh pays for his crimes, b/c he sure isn't an innocent victim in all this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After today I'm also including "the surgery". This storyline is becoming tedious, I mostly don't like Daniel but he is become the most likeable of the 3 of them which is a shame because I used to like Amber and Josh. I liked Therese and Daniel's scenes today

Really? She's the dullest character in Neighbours! Why she's got two blokes fighting for her I don't know. At least Josh and Daniel are slightly more bearable.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Karl said nothing can happen anyway until amber reaches 20 weeks so they have to wait anyway don't they?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tweety Pie wrote: »
    Really? She's the dullest character in Neighbours! Why she's got two blokes fighting for her I don't know. At least Josh and Daniel are slightly more bearable.

I'm talking way way back in the day, you'd be surprised how bearable she was compared to Mason!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm talking way way back in the day, you'd be surprised how bearable she was compared to Mason!

Ah yes, who could forget Mason?! I've always thought Amber wasn't that interesting but I guess she's annoying me more lately with her blank expressions and Josh and Daniel thinking the sun shines out her backside.
This discussion has been closed.