Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He was woeful. Remember his singing? :cry::cry::cry:

Weirdly, the only plot of his I liked was his singing, when Karl and him were 'Oodles & Noodles'.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,738
    Forum Member
    Noxy wrote: »
    Hi :) Yeah, the community still has work to do here as there is understandably a lot of confusion. The LGBTQI scene has changed so much in the past five years and doubtless will have again by 2020! But basically it's very simple - a TG is a pre-op transexual; a TS is a post-op transexual, if that makes sense?
    Thanks. But, one more thing. If TG stands for pre-op, then why do Americans use TG as a general term to mean both pre- and post-op? Is it just a cultural thing? Like, the actress from Orange Is The New Black always describes herself as being TG, and the soap, The Bold and the Beautiful have been running a TG storyline, and the character also refers to herself as TG (she's post-op). I think this is what was confusing me about the two terms, as I thought one replaced the other.
    From this moment on he shall be known as JimmytheShit (JTS for short). >:(
    Jimmy is not as bad as Mickey. He reminds me of when Summer first arrived, and she started blackmailing people, I think, too... well, she did something. She was quite snarky and back-chatty, but people seemed to like her. Right?

But, I do agree that he's enjoying blackmail way too much for a 9 year old. If he starts torturing flies next, you'll know where this is going. ;-)

Kyle's nudie run reminded me of the House of Trouser days!
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought I had quite high standards acting wise, but obviously not, as I didn't mind Ned and don't think Josh is bad. Mason and Aaron on the other hand....
    Forum Member
    I think you need to re-watch some "classic" Ned. He really was awful, which is why he went through so many carers/issues in a vein attempt to make something stick.

He's illiterate - nobody cares. He wants to be an actor/singer/bartender/personal trainer - jog on. He's fallen for Izzy in a desperate hope that some of her success would rub off on him - you can't polish a turd. He's developed a random gambling addiction - boring. He's turned "bad" after spending too much time with Evil Paul - meh. Then suddenly: He's paired with Janae (who's had a slight personality transplant in time for the 2007 revamp) and given a son - better. Too late! Janae's off and Ned's axed soon after.

Such was the life of Ned Parker, complete with wooden acting not rivalled until Didge Parker turned up.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy's turning out to be a right little sod. I can't wait until Amy finds out about him blackmailing Sheila. Saying this though, I think Amy's being way too strict with him when it comes to sugary stuff and TV. She seems to be obsessed. Josh's bad decision seems to have come back to bite him on the backside.
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    I think you need to re-watch some "classic" Ned. He really was awful, which is why he went through so many carers/issues in a vein attempt to make something stick.

He's illiterate - nobody cares. He wants to be an actor/singer/bartender/personal trainer - jog on. He's fallen for Izzy in a desperate hope that some of her success would rub off on him - you can't polish a turd. He's developed a random gambling addiction - boring. He's turned "bad" after spending too much time with Evil Paul - meh. Then suddenly: He's paired with Janae (who's had a slight personality transplant in time for the 2007 revamp) and given a son - better. Too late! Janae's off and Ned's axed soon after.

Such was the life of Ned Parker, complete with wooden acting not rivalled until Didge Parker turned up.

Well put I couldn't agree more. Ned and Didge were just horrid. Bad, bad era for the show.

Mason was also pretty bad in my opinion but got a little better at the end. I don't mind Aaron so far, he's got a bit of comic potential.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I never understood that he was supposedly shy and timid towards women when he first showed up then when Mickey came along we were supposed to believe he'd gotten that girl who wanted to be Izzy Hoyland pregnant when he was a teenager.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »
    I never understood that he was supposedly shy and timid towards women when he first showed up then when Mickey came along we were supposed to believe he'd gotten that girl who wanted to be Izzy Hoyland pregnant when he was a teenager.

He was that shy when around females that he started stripping off in front of Serena when he first arrived, in Toadie's house.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    camy934 wrote: »
    http://tenplay.com.au/channel-eleven/neighbours - Probably your best place, as they have weekly spoiler galleries :)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    He was that shy when around females that he started stripping off in front of Serena when he first arrived, in Toadie's house.

Very shy then :D haha I must be remembering wrong
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was woeful. Remember his singing? :cry::cry::cry:

I blanked that bit out, i remember the storyline but i can only tolerate Karl and his Free as a River!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So true, all of the Parkers were made of wood, a forest of a family, dire isn't the word!!
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. But, one more thing. If TG stands for pre-op, then why do Americans use TG as a general term to mean both pre- and post-op? Is it just a cultural thing? Like, the actress from Orange Is The New Black always describes herself as being TG, and the soap, The Bold and the Beautiful have been running a TG storyline, and the character also refers to herself as TG (she's post-op). I think this is what was confusing me about the two terms, as I thought one replaced the other.

Jimmy is not as bad as Mickey. He reminds me of when Summer first arrived, and she started blackmailing people, I think, too... well, she did something. She was quite snarky and back-chatty, but people seemed to like her. Right?

But, I do agree that he's enjoying blackmail way too much for a 9 year old. If he starts torturing flies next, you'll know where this is going. ;-)

Kyle's nudie run reminded me of the House of Trouser days!

How I loved the House of Trouser :D:D
  • NoxyNoxy Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    fiagomez wrote: »
    josh attempting to dance today was so funny and cringeworthy!! i was literally screaming and hiding behind a pillow!!

I'm afraid there'll be more of that! :o:blush::D

It saddens me to say this, but it's not hard to see why the ratings for Neighbours down under are on the slide recently.
    Jimmy's blackmailing, Josh/Aaron cringey dance troup and today, Sheila's 'crone' ceremony, possibly the cringiest thing I have ever subjected myself to! There are some good stories as well but there are too many bad ones and they are real shockers as well! :blush:
  • clever3000clever3000 Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    Noxy wrote: »
    Jimmy's blackmailing, Josh/Aaron cringey dance troup and today, Sheila's 'crone' ceremony, possibly the cringiest thing I have ever subjected myself to! There are some good stories as well but there are too many bad ones and they are real shockers as well! :blush:
    For me the storylines seem to orientated towards the female viewers, with the Aaron and Josh dancing and Paige aside the dont tend to use any female characters in the same way that they they do the male characters (Mark, Aaron, Tyler and Josh, even Kyle to some extent). If it was the otherway round their would be complaints. Talk about double standards! Aside from that I found the Shelia Crone Ceremony just awful and the fact she cried was very out of character for such a strong and forthright person.
  • Steve SoapboxSteve Soapbox Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    But surely the director should be pointing oyt that he looks like an extra from Children of the Corn or something.

Ha ha ha! I love this forum because of comments like this. Hilarious!!
  • dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really try didn't think they could come up with a more unlikeable brat than Mickey or Ben (the first) - but they've really searched long and hard to find Jimmy.

However, I think it's more because of the character they've written (the 'GDad' stuff was bad enough but then there's the blackmail attempts) rather than the actor himself.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,831
    Forum Member
    dronkula wrote: »
    I really try didn't think they could come up with a more unlikeable brat than Mickey or Ben (the first) - but they've really searched long and hard to find Jimmy.

However, I think it's more because of the character they've written (the 'GDad' stuff was bad enough but then there's the blackmail attempts) rather than the actor himself.

JimmytheShit is definitely in the same club as MickeytheShit and BentheShit. The "Gdad" thing is as annoying as MickeytheShit's insistence of calling Lou "Pops">:(
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "GDad" thing really annoys me too :(
  • lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "GDad" thing really annoys me too :(

I cringe every time he says it.

I wish his mother would ban him from saying that in addition to banning him from eating sweets and cake. I am trying not to be irritated by her too, but she is annoying me. I just hope we are not heading for a Kyle/Amy romantic storyline. I think the combination of Kyle agonising, Amy still pretending she does nothing wrong and Georgia squealing will be too much to bear.
  • clever3000clever3000 Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    I cringe every time he says it.

I wish his mother would ban him from saying that in addition to banning him from eating sweets and cake.

Lets hope for the traditional storyline of finding out he is so clever that he gets accepted in to a boarding school and departs, not to be seen for a few years.:D
    Forum Member
    At least Amy admitted to possibly being too hard on Jimmy with the sugar ban. I guess she's just trying to make up for his absent father.

Maybe Jimmy needs a hobby, one that's not annoying?

Has there ever been a child character that people have liked? Hannah Martin? Leo & Emily Hancock? Summer Hoyland 1.0?
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,766
    Forum Member
    BentheShit. >:(

He is back next week...
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least Amy admitted to possibly being too hard on Jimmy with the sugar ban. I guess she's just trying to make up for his absent father.

Maybe Jimmy needs a hobby, one that's not annoying?

Has there ever been a child character that people have liked? Hannah Martin? Leo & Emily Hancock? Summer Hoyland 1.0?

The original Lucy was an annoying little brat too. Neighbours have no idea how to portray kids, so just write them as obnoxious, spoilt twee cretins - like its 1950s America or something!
  • retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    Terese moaning about Paige maipulating people. On the back of her recently manipulating Paiges adoptive mum into taking her off abroad somewhere.

I know a few here don't like Brad. But at least his character has a life outside work. Doing his gym classes and wanting to build surf boards. Have we ever seen Terese take an interest in anything other than work?

Taking a shine to Amy as well. Solely for her being quite attractive :) shame her legs are more masculine than Kyles though.
This discussion has been closed.