Diana Vickers wins West End role

Comments

• PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    o dot t wrote: »
    and atleast i insulted the fm to them so they could insult me back ;)

What?!

I was being sarcastic. Your attack on me was uncalled for and I was using sarcasm to point it out using your own words.

*sigh*

And again, what do you want me to do? Stalk Diana, find out where her house is, hammer on her door at 11:39pm and demand that she comes out into the street so I can tell her that I think she's the worst singer ever to be chosen for the X-Factor finals?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    What is Diana's talent? She can't sing in tune (that's not a STYLE, that's just a basic failure to utilise basic singing techniques of ANY style), we haven't seen her debut material, and as far as I'm aware we haven't seen her act. I have yet to see evidence of any talent from Diana Vickers. Perhaps she can act, but one thing she most certainly is not talented at is singing. And you can take her inability to sing in tune as fact.

She's pretty, but unless she's taking modelling as a career (and she's welcome to, I'm sure she'd make an edgy model) it's not really relevant.

yet people who have buessnes made millions in the music have signed her. till she got sick simon was giving her nothing but praise.
    you know what they are wrong and you are right
  • steal-your-painsteal-your-pain Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Believe it or not, talent doesn't always have to be technical. Diana has a tone that a bunch of people love (best demonstrated in WOWY, which IMO is the best XF performance ever by a mile), so in that area, she's gifted. Some people hate it, yes, but that's irrelevant, because she doesn't have to appeal to each and every person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What?!

I was being sarcastic. Your attack on me was uncalled for and I was using sarcasm to point it out using your own words.

*sigh*

And again, what do you want me to do? Stalk Diana, find out where her house is, hammer on her door at 11:39pm and demand that she comes out into the street so I can tell her that I think she's the worst singer ever to be chosen for the X-Factor finals?

well tbh you could just tweet her so we could all have a laugh when she insults you back
    and i insulted you because i was defending sombody who is not here to defend themselfs.
    your attack on diana was uncalled for
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They don't care if Diana has talent, they care if she'll make them money. I'm entitled to my opinion about how talented she is without being personally slated, dot.

And that's fair enough, steal-your-pain, but that doesn't make her a talented singer, that just makes her a popular one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For christ's sake! How is it my fault that Diana doesn't want to post on DS to defend herself? If she wanted to do it she's perfectly capable. She posts on twtter often enough that she must know how the internet works.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Also worth noting: Cartwright wrote Little Voice specifically for Jane Horrocks - so finding a replacement for the role is going to be a much more intimate and specific process than one where there's open casting and auditions.

I imagine it's got to be a case of finding an actress who makes him go "she's right" when he first sees her, and keeps him saying "she's right" all the way through the audition process. That's the impression the reports give me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    read the post below this one please.

and atleast i insulted the fm to them so they could insult me back ;)

So basically...

no one can insult Diana but you can insult people if you want.
  • ThomasewThomasew Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    For christ's sake! How is it my fault that Diana doesn't want to post on DS to defend herself? If she wanted to do it she's perfectly capable. She posts on twtter often enough that she must know how the internet works.

At times, .. it is best to keep one's mouth shut, .. and let people wonder if you're a fool .. than to open it and remove all doubt. :rolleyes:

You remove all doubt, .. time and time again. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thomasew wrote: »
    At times, .. it is best to keep one's mouth shut, .. and let people wonder if you're a fool .. than to open it and remove all doubt. :rolleyes:

You remove all doubt, .. time and time again. :rolleyes:

When one is splurging random punctuation,..,.. like a dam has broken, one should not insult the intelligence or "foolishness" of one's fellow posters :)

Is it too hard for Diana fans to respond to any criticism of her without personal attacks then? I understand. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So basically...

no one can insult Diana but you can insult people if you want.

no i said insult people all you want just do it to them and not away from them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think anyone should be insulting anyone as a person.

I simply am negative about Diana's vocal talent because this is the X-Factor forum, about singing. That's a world away from bashing her as a person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When one is splurging random punctuation,..,.. like a dam has broken, one should not insult the intelligence or "foolishness" of one's fellow posters :)

Is it too hard for Diana fans to respond to any criticism of her without personal attacks then? I understand. :D

yet it is also hard to criticise diana without insulting her by looking at your first post in this thread.
    other people have said they don't like her voice but have they insulted her
    Forum Member

Not random punctuation, .. just spaced out .. to allow the slow-witted, .. and those lacking in intelligence, .. to keep up with the rest of us. :p
    Forum Member
    no i said insult people all you want just do it to them and not away from them

Because that makes all the difference :rolleyes:.
    Personally i think the best solution is to avoid insulting people altogether, especially if it's because someone simply holds a different view :rolleyes: :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm entitled to insult and be negative about her vocals. That's her trade. It's what she's selling. She's expecting everyone to have an opinion and if you're allowed to rave about her vocals I'm allowed to hate them.

You're not entitled to insult other forum members just because you disagree with them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally i think the best solution is to avoid insulting people altogether, especially if it's because someone simply holds a different view :rolleyes: :mad:

yeah i agree with that
    i appologise for my insulting post towards you Psychosis
  • myoldmatemyoldmate Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also worth noting: Cartwright wrote Little Voice specifically for Jane Horrocks - so finding a replacement for the role is going to be a much more intimate and specific process than one where there's open casting and auditions.

I imagine it's got to be a case of finding an actress who makes him go "she's right" when he first sees her, and keeps him saying "she's right" all the way through the audition process. That's the impression the reports give me.

Jane was capable of doing what was required by the role. For the life of me I cannot see how Diana is going to be able to do that.

Can she imitate Judy Garland or Dame Shirley or Marilyn Monroe? It would be difficult to find such a person from all the professionally trained people that are out there, so for it to be said that Diana is perfect for the role just beggars belief.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm entitled to insult and be negative about her vocals. That's her trade. It's what she's selling. She's expecting everyone to have an opinion and if you're allowed to rave about her vocals I'm allowed to hate them.

You're not entitled to insult other forum members just because you disagree with them.

but i dissare with the wording of this if your allowed to insut her because of her voice because thats what she does which is the only thing you really know about her then why am i not allowed to insult your opinion if thats all i know about you.
    but i do admit i was wrong in insulting you i just don't think you should insult her
    Forum Member
    yeah i agree with that

:eek: :)

Respect. I have a lot of admiration for people who admit to being wrong.
    You've just went up in my estimation. :)
    Forum Member

No, .. the best solution, .. is that people, such as the Offensive Poster, .. learn to actually formulate a constructive criticism, .. rather than blatantly attack the subject of the thread. :)

However, .. in this case, .. I doubt that the Offensive Poster is actually capable of anything constructive. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    No, .. the best solution, .. is that people, such as the Offensive Poster, .. learn to actually formulate a constructive criticism, .. rather than blatantly attack the subject of the thread. :)

However, .. in this case, .. I doubt that the Offensive Poster is actually capable of anything constructive. :rolleyes:

Who, .. is, .. the, .. offensive, .. poster, ..?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah i agree with that

Thank you very much! I apologise for my subsequent snappish remarks towards you. Thank you :D

The Offended Poster,... should be clear,... that there is a difference,... between making a playful remark,... and being,... constructive...

Get over it, seriously. o dot t already has. I don't like Diana, you do. I'm not attacking you for liking someone who has an almost offensive lack of talent in my eyes, so you really don't need to be on the offensive with me.
    Forum Member

Is, ;) there ;) more ;) than ;) one ;) who ;) blatantly ;) attacked ;) Miss DV. ???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Psychosis i would think