Readers of VIZ !

Comments

• Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    Scum Mothers was horrendously brilliant this month. :D

Nobby's Piles always has me 'puckering' at the end.

Anyone see Mrs Brady Old Lady a couple of months back, where she met Ada and her dog in the street. It was....... *looks frantically for vomit smiley*

I always like to kid myself that I have a sophisticated sense of humour but it's always the more lavatorial or bottom-based strips that have me crying with laughter.

Nobby's Piles, and Billy Bottom in particular but also things like Roger Mellie doing 'Britain's Got Diarrhoea', When God Closes a Door He Opens a Window, Vince's Cable and P.C. McNeice and his Breathalyzer Bumhole have left me gasping for air in the past (and they're funny as well).
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    As I say,I always enjoy Archie McBlater's Farting Dillemas. I'm always disappointed if a new issue doesn't include one of his adventures. I love to see what situations he gets himself in to when he needs to crack off an almighty rattle.

I also very much enjoy Roger Mellie, he's f*king big time! There was an edition a couple of months back where he was shamelessly sending pictures of his cock and balls to Susanna Reid, calling her a 'dirty b**ch'. Superb edutainment!
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I've only just noticed that Archie McBlarter and the like are drawn by Tom Paterson. Considering he always drew my favourite stuff in things like Whizzer and Chips, The Beano etc. you'd think I would have picked up on that straight away. Still, it's only taken me a year!
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Drunken Bakers is one of the finest works in the comics medium EVER.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two old girls, one cup or something like that.

Mrs brady once had glaucoma in her v-a-g-i-n-a you know

Not that my Sidney knew anything about it - he always liked to *mouths* .... plough the dirt road......
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that my Sidney knew anything about it - he always liked to *mouths* .... plough the dirt road......

Dirt road, yes he did Ida
  • katywilkatywil Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive just been laughing like a loony at this thread. it brought back so many viz memories. I was once in shrieking hysterics about normans knob, when the doorknob came off in his hand and he said "FLARK!!!!" it was so crazy. I was rolling around with faceache for ages. I live in Corfu now so viz is not so easily available to me but I really need to meet scum mothers. they were everywhere in my home town uk. I must get someone to send viz to me instead of a bloody Christmas card. :D
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the VIZ annual every year! 👍 ... Can't wait til xmas! 😃 ... Love it! ❤️🙈
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    katywil wrote: »
    ive just been laughing like a loony at this thread. it brought back so many viz memories. I was once in shrieking hysterics about normans knob, when the doorknob came off in his hand and he said "FLARK!!!!" it was so crazy. I was rolling around with faceache for ages. I live in Corfu now so viz is not so easily available to me but I really need to meet scum mothers. they were everywhere in my home town uk. I must get someone to send viz to me instead of a bloody Christmas card. :D

Have you got an iPad? You can download it there through Newsstand.
  • katywilkatywil Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    Have you got an iPad? You can download it there through Newsstand.

yes. I hadn't thought of that. thanks. :)
  • LardnessLardness Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yesterday, having tidied my sock drawer, I did a collation of my 'bathroom reading matter' (AKA Viz) & have over 100 copies going back to 1988.
    I shall now index them & put them on some appropriate shelving in 'the smallest room'....
  • spotty_catspotty_cat Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natstally wrote: »
    Haven't read it for years, used to read my brother's copies, i used to like Fat Slags and Roger Mellie. Also, gotta love those Top Tips!

After starting to read this thread I want to read Viz again! I'm gonna get a copy today, I could do with a laugh!;-)
  • weetomuncherweetomuncher Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Not my cup of tea at all. I remember reading a short censored preview in a computer magazine years ago and finding Viz repulsive.
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant, you read a short censored version about 30 years ago and came to that decision.

I'm not sure if your post is sublimely outstanding though, it's just like some of the letters you read in Letterbocks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant, you read a short censored version about 30 years ago and came to that decision.

I'm not sure if your post is sublimely outstanding though, it's just like some of the letters you read in Letterbocks.

I read his letter, put my foot through the screen and sent Rolf Harris the bill

Making out John Leslie was Jack the ripper is one of my all time favourite articles viz has ever done
  • atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having worked for Royal Mail myself for nigh on 25 years , the Postman Plod character was so like most of the lads in my office I often wondered if the writer had some experience of working there too. I also have the honour of having the Fat Slags supposedly originate from my home town of Mansfield .
    Mansfield?

Mansfield?
  • weetomuncherweetomuncher Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I had seen some Viz stuff after that little preview thing through various means but I've just found it vulgar for the sake of being vulgar.

It isn't even in English!

I'm not a prude but Viz is just repulsive. I'll watch South Park, I'll watch Sarah Silverman doing stand up routines but Viz and Family Guy too are just the wrong side of icky for me.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We heard you the first time.

And we didn't care then, either.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This months Viz offers us Sexist Calendar in its middle pages. I have been in fits of laughter reading it :D

The drunken bakers are outstanding again this month.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This months Viz offers us Sexist Calendar in its middle pages. I have been in fits of laughter reading it :D

The drunken bakers are outstanding again this month.

I always hold off reading through the calender, preferring to have a new treat every month.

And yes, the DB's are excellent. I love the bitterness between them this month.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I subscribe to viz, and obviously to protect my modesty, the magazine comes with the front cover not visible, and you can just see the back page. All well and good, apart from this months back page is for men's underwear with pockets in them. Im sure my postman now thinks i subscribe to 'willy monthly'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, the Christmas Viz! Look forward to it every year. And yeah, STUNNING Drunken Bakers this month. Unfortunately I've had the theme tune to Emmerdale stuck in my head since coming back from the shops after reading the letters page...
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    Ah, the Christmas Viz! Look forward to it every year. And yeah, STUNNING Drunken Bakers this month. Unfortunately I've had the theme tune to Emmerdale stuck in my head since coming back from the shops after reading the letters page...

sings : "Right up the arse..." :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sings : "Right up the arse..." :D

Aye, that's the fella!