Options

C5 have completely changed the concept

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,126
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have kind of got used to the new silly PREVIOUSLY type stuff etc. But all this contact with the outside world is ridiculous. Even the noms talks is a bit like BBUSA so you sort of expect it, but it has changed so much. I don't think it will get a re run with this format...thoughts??

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    I have kind of got used to the new silly PREVIOUSLY type stuff etc. But all this contact with the outside world is ridiculous. Even the noms talks is a bit like BBUSA so you sort of expect it, but it has changed so much. I don't think it will get a re run with this format...thoughts??

My thoughts have remained the same from about day two: fire the lot of them, bring in some monkeys.

It's been an awful production this year - and the pity of it is, they've been a pretty decent bunch of housemates all in all.

Could've been so much more...
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are people so worked up? BB reserves the right to change the rules at any time, does it not?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Why are people so worked up? BB reserves the right to change the rules at any time, does it not?

I personally believe it is because while people accept there will be rule changes, they expect them to be fair to all.
  • Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally believe it is because while people accept there will be rule changes, they expect them to be fair to all.
    Which has never happened apart from possibly bb1 and 2.
  • Options
    radiofreeradiofree Posts: 7,316
    Forum Member
    we only see a tiny fraction of what happens.
    the producers decide what fraction we see.
    the producers decide the editing of that tiny fraction.
    it therefore follows that we know nothing of what happens, only what we are told. even the conversations we are shown are shown out of context so are inherently misleading.

so how can we even have an independent opinion on any of the housemates? all we know about them is what we are told.

it is all nonsense.
  • Options
    od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member

...and we reserve the right not to like those changes. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SG-1 wrote: »
    Which has never happened apart from possibly bb1 and 2.

Fair enough, but I still think that viewers expect fairness. I have read other threads here that suggest that previous 'twists' have been fair, but I have also read opinions like yours that BB has been unfair for a long while, so get used to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough, but I still think that viewers expect fairness. I have read other threads here that suggest that previous 'twists' have been fair, but I have also read opinions like yours that BB has been unfair for a long while, so get used to it.
    Twists are never meant to be fair,its about stirring the house up.
    I would struggle to think of one that is classed as fair.

I dont think viewers do expect fairness,they expect to be entertained.
    They also expect satisfaction in the eviction result.
    The nominees are from both sides of teams and a hm somewhere in the middle so its up to voting public to vote to give them the most satisfactory result.

Its as fair as big brother gets to be honest.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    od hominem wrote: »
    ...and we reserve the right not to like those changes. :rolleyes:

Fair enough, but the rules of BB aren't set in stone, and some are acting like they are.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And the viewers reserve the right to switch off. Which they have, in considerable numbers.
  • Options
    HIGHERSTATEHIGHERSTATE Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is officially now [email]sh@t....It[/email] doesnt even attempt to emulate the 10 previous years..

It's like a cheap spin off of TOWIE..

Writing, talking about Noms, nominated housemates getting rewarded, scripted scenes?

We are officially witnessing the death of BB..
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    I think the trouble is BB itself is a stale format.

Yet whenever the producers try to mix it up or change it then they get condemned by hardcore fans who say it is no longer Big Brother.

Its a difficult one really - in one sense if they don't have twists and change the concept then many will accuse the show of being dull and boring. Forum Members were calling for twists etc - however aren't happy when they happen - thats not to say though that this twist has been poorly done given the fact so much was made up as it went along.

I think in BB's case at the moment its damned if it does and damned if it doesn't. It can't really win - and no matter what it does will p!ss off a section of its fandom
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what next people turning up ala qvc style to promote their new products demonstrated by the housemates-
    jays in the bedroom shaving his bum with the supadooper shaver call now to buy one for you self @£120 plus p+p
    alex is using tantastic a new revoloutionary self tan product call now to buy one for yourself@£350
    loo is using the new anti noise+smell fart machines 'fart to yr hearts content and dont be worried by smelly guffs and raspberrys'@£50,refills@£45 call now to get yr order in.
  • Options
    TGITCTGITC Posts: 2,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loo is using the new anti noise+smell fart machines 'fart to yr hearts content and dont be worried by smelly guffs and raspberrys'@£50,refills@£45 call now to get yr order in.

Can you provide me with a direct link / phone number to order this?

Thanks in advance...
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is officially now [email]sh@t....It[/email] doesnt even attempt to emulate the 10 previous years..

It's like a cheap spin off of TOWIE..

Writing, talking about Noms, nominated housemates getting rewarded, scripted scenes?

We are officially witnessing the death of BB..

Have to agree. Although I don't see it as it's demise - more like dysfunctional evolution. :D

I think the Facebook generation and Towie audiences are the target market - not us old school BBers - and this format suits them I think.

I gave BB a go on 5, as I was excited about its return and wanted it to work, but it looks like it's no longer the show for me. I like a smidgeon of reality - oh, I don't mind an edited reality - but this seems to have VERY little basis on reality; the production are just making it up as they go along and are as bold as brass about it too.

Nah, I think this could be my last series and it will almost feel like a relief to finally hang up my BB anorak for good. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    what next people turning up ala qvc style to promote their new products demonstrated by the housemates-
    jays in the bedroom shaving his bum with the supadooper shaver call now to buy one for you self @£120 plus p+p
    alex is using tantastic a new revoloutionary self tan product call now to buy one for yourself@£350

It is posts like this that make this forum worthwhile continuing with! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TGITC wrote: »
    Can you provide me with a direct link / phone number to order this?

Thanks in advance...

you can place yr order via semaphore in the dark only im afraid:rolleyes::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is posts like this that make this forum worthwhile continuing with! :D

dont want to give c5 any ideas!:rolleyes:

fay and aarron are in the garden playing tonsil tennis to order yr tonsil tennis kit @£1000 phone now and place yr order.
    anton is playing the panto villan to order yr panto villan kit @£20 place yr order now.
  • Options
    ohboyohboy Posts: 2,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if bbuk can't compete with scripted reality shows, it shouldn't try. instead, it should go to the bb u.s. model, which would be a fresh season-long "twist" but remain true to the bb concept....

....but they need live feeds. i can't understand why they don't have them. it's not difficult to put streaming video online and charge for viewing.

and doing so is not just for fans...fans get addicted to live feeds, which in turn boosts tv ratings and ad revenue.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,007
    Forum Member
    After 5 weeks the producers still have to remind viewers who the housemates are....mmmmmmm.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,007
    Forum Member
    dont want to give c5 any ideas!:rolleyes:

fay and aarron are in the garden playing tonsil tennis to order yr tonsil tennis kit @£1000 phone now and place yr order.
    anton is playing the panto villan to order yr panto villan kit @£20 place yr order now.

Jay demonstrates how versatile the fridge is, for £299 you can have a similar fridge, free turd included signed by Jay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ohboy wrote: »
    if bbuk can't compete with scripted reality shows, it shouldn't try. instead, it should go to the bb u.s. model, which would be a fresh season-long "twist" but remain true to the bb concept....

....but they need live feeds. i can't understand why they don't have them. it's not difficult to put streaming video online and charge for viewing.

and doing so is not just for fans...fans get addicted to live feeds, which in turn boosts tv ratings and ad revenue.
    BBUSA is as far from the uk concept as you can get.
  • Options
    sominsomin Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's true that the contact with the outside world, plus allowing noms talk, are annoying changes to the format, but they are things that already happened on Channel 4. Remember BB11? That house had more comings and goings than Heathrow Airport on Xmas Eve, and I'm not just talking about all the walkers and crap latecomers. People were constantly entering the house for tasks, such as Andrew Stone and all the people in that Ignore the Obvious task. They even got people in to give the HMs a haircut at one point! Therefore I don't think Channel 5 can be blamed for this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Truly are you being serious?:eek:

this goes way past rule changes.
    It comes across as Channel 5 wanting a brand name and thats about it.

Product placement? the only products the viewers are seeing are property of Nothern & Shell.

KP tweeted when rumours of a stint in CBB came about
    'Even If i wanted Im under contract with sky they wont allow me' does this apperence last night mean shes the newest member of Dicky Desmonds Empire?

To be honest I dont even blame Channel 5 This is endemols massive massive mistake for allowing a much loved brand to be basically ripped apart and just keeping the name,Thus why so many have either stopped watching or so Angry whats going on.Bigbrother UK gets messed around the most and its the series that is failing the most.Thats not just a coincidence.bigbrother needed to be rested for a few years then brough back to a channel that understands the concept.This Current Series is just a spawing ground For OK stories.