Options

The dumbest question in the history of tv?

NickLangleyNickLangley Posts: 561
Forum Member
✭✭
Courtesy of Dan Snow:

Les Munro you were a pilot on the Dambusters Raid. You've flown 12,000 miles, all the way from New Zealand, to attend the 70th anniversary commemoration event. Why?

Ye Gods.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still prefer when Donna Air(head) asked the brother and sisters group The Corrs "How did you all meet?"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WSDU presenter LaTonya Norton to Mo Farah: "Now haven't you run before?" Norton repeated the question again, asking, "Haven't you run before? This isn't your first time?"
  • Options
    C HorseC Horse Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mike Gatting appearing on TV with a broken nose and bruising all around it to be asked "where did the ball hit you?".

To compound stupidity, Gatting pointed to the injury.
  • Options
    nellieknelliek Posts: 10,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a question but another complaint about Dan Snow in the programme about the 70th anniversary of the Dambusters raid.
    'The Dambusters March played by the band which is being drowned out by the sound of the Lancaster's engines'.
    And everything being drowned out by your inane and totally unnecessary chatter. Shame on you, Dan. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    nellieknelliek Posts: 10,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stupid questions are nothing new.
    On 20 July 1982 the IRA set off two bombs in London, one killing two soldiers of the Household Cavalry, and seven horses were either killed outright or had to be put down.
    The second killed six bandsmen of the Royal Green Jackets.
    The BBC interviewer asked a soldier from one of the regiments 'Did you know any of the soldiers who were killed?'
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On BGT; Kelly Brook to a contestant with a guitar: "and what are you going to do today?"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phillip Schofield, passed Cameron a list of names he had gathered from the internet, saying: "You know the names on that piece of paper, will you be speaking to these people?"
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nelliek wrote: »
    Not a question but another complaint about Dan Snow in the programme about the 70th anniversary of the Dambusters raid.
    'The Dambusters March played by the band which is being drowned out by the sound of the Lancaster's engines'.
    And everything being drowned out by your inane and totally unnecessary chatter. Shame on you, Dan. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I did not think that Dan Snow talked over things too much but would have to run the recording back to be sure. They seemed to use him to fill in between parts they were covering. The aircraft could be heard in the background at times but they were not displaying at those times, landing or just flying from A to B.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Who wants to be a millionaire?"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Jonathan Ross -- I can't remember who the guest was. It was an awful interview. There was a long gap then he glanced at her legs and asked: "Stockings or tights?"

It was the last time I watched anything he did.
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On radio Merseyside a couple of weeks ago Diane Oxberry was giving the weather update to Simon Hoban.
    Diane: "The rain will ease down"
    Simon: "The rain willies down?"
    Diane: "Pardon?"
    Simon: "Oh, er, nothing"
  • Options
    MONIFIETHBOYMONIFIETHBOY Posts: 786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm on second thoughts maybe this should be in the dumbest answer section.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1TLso4Hwrc

Making this the dumbest reply probably to this thread :p
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Williams-Thomas asking Tia Sharp's mother how she felt after the first day of Stuart Hazell's murder trial.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any generic "how do you feel" question to shocked traumatised person
  • Options
    Phoenix04Phoenix04 Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doug Williams, quarterback for the Washington Redskins in the late 80s was asked after his first game, "How long have you been a black quarterback?"
  • Options
    Phoenix04Phoenix04 Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still prefer when Donna Air(head) asked the brother and sisters group The Corrs "How did you all meet?"

Conversely, it always bugs me on pointless when a pair is asked how they know each other and reply they're married. Its not as if they were born married to each other :D
  • Options
    dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Are the French very fond of their children?!"

Makes me giggle everytime!!!!
  • Options
    zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Are the French very fond of their children?!"

Makes me giggle everytime!!!!

Loved that, good old Susie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    Mark Williams-Thomas asking Tia Sharp's mother how she felt after the first day of Stuart Hazell's murder trial.

Along similar lines, Kay Burley asking the wife of serial killer Steve Wright "do you think if you'd had a better sex life, he wouldn't have done those things?"
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a quiz show it has to be this, from 15 to 1. 'What was the surname of the first three Roman Emperors?' Answer : ''Caesar - their Christian names were Julius, Augustus and Tiberius'.
    Wrong on an amazing number of levels.
  • Options
    jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone here is a fan of Formula 1, they'll know that the king of "Don't ask me stupidly obvious questions because I won't be very courteous in my attitude or my reply" is Kimi Raikonnen! He hates, detests and has no time for the kind of 'silly question' that seems prevalent these days (e.g. "You ended up retiring from the race - how do you feel about that?") and gives very short shrift! Maybe more people should do that - it might make the interviewers sharpen their skills a bit more and think of questions that don't just skate along the line of banal.

Quiz questions is a different thing altogether - no accounting for what slips by quality control sometimes!
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Worst ones the sports reporters/presenters every time someone wins or loses something come up with "How do you feel" the Olympics is the worst for this, someone has just won Gold, the reporter "how do you feel".:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    mike65 wrote: »
    Any generic "how do you feel" question to shocked traumatised person

It reminds me of Kate Garroway who, on several occasions, asks a victim of crime “ That must have been very scary?” I haven’t used the word ‘scary’ since I was a child!